Login

russian armor

Linking a tuning pack and a win condition pack

30 Apr 2017, 05:59 AM

Is there a way to have either the tuning pack or the win condition pack display a message if one is played without the other?
30 Apr 2017, 12:39 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I haven't tried, but I think you could have the Tuning Pack grant a specific upgrade to every player at the start of the game (via the "army" category) and have your Win Condition Pack check for that upgrade - if it's not present, it means the Tuning Pack is not loaded and you could open a popup window with a big warning via SCAR.
1 May 2017, 10:43 AM

Additionally, following up on Planet Smasher's idea, can you make SCAR give a specific upgrade to each production building when it loads? (I don't have experience with SCAR)

If the upgrade isn't present, make your building:
- Prevent building troops?
- Spawn a Sturmtiger?
- Something obvious?
1 May 2017, 14:31 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Unfortunately, there is no official way to do it, so the workarounds mentioned above are the only way.
2 May 2017, 00:25 AM

Additionally, following up on Planet Smasher's idea, can you make SCAR give a specific upgrade to each production building when it loads? (I don't have experience with SCAR)

If the upgrade isn't present, make your building:
- Prevent building troops?
- Spawn a Sturmtiger?
- Something obvious?

Unfortunately, there is no official way to do it, so the workarounds mentioned above are the only way.

Thanks to all of you above, it's certainly something that we will aim to implement in our next release. Just wondering will it only go one way? WCP to Tuning or Tuning to WCP?
5 May 2017, 19:25 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Well, you certainly can't add a new window via a Tuning Pack, but you could probably have your Win Condition Pack grant an upgrade and then have the Tuning Pack check for that with a requirement action, again in the "army" category. If the upgrade is not present, the requirement action would have to do something that notifies the player... not sure what would be viable there!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★