Login

russian armor

OKW blob

29 Apr 2017, 02:23 AM
Senior Editor Badge

Hey so I've got this blob problem

So I had this dilemma.

I went captain to be safe (for AT), but lost the .50 cal for suppression. This was, in hindsight, one of the games where it would've been good to go LT MG AAHT :foreveralone:

Then I was forced to get flamers to keep the OKW out of buildings (mortar really isn't a good investment, especially knowing there was an leig on the field. So I chose Rifle co. for quick access to flamers on my REs, but now I realize that I should've went w/ Armor Company so I could've called in the M10s (because I had barely enough fuel just to get the major)

So then this asshole puts the Schwerer on my fuel/vp so, I went and took the other half of the map...

But uh this guy was ranked 287 and I was 200 according to CELO, so I just don't know what I did wrong. Like, losing my flamer squad was bad, and I find that I often forget how much dps 4 squads has when its fighting only one squad. I'm not used to playing 4v4s. I did sort of forget about two rifles up top... and

Question is, how do I beat the blob? I played a game earlier on Angoville against a blob where I also needed flamers to clear out the houses, but I built an AAHT... but it got killed by the Luchs. I'm just pissed at this.
29 Apr 2017, 13:18 PM

Hello Gbpirate,

Do you want just a general discussion about OKW blobs and how to counter them with the USF faction

OR

You want to get your replay reviewed as well ?

Hector
29 Apr 2017, 18:50 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Hello Gbpirate,

Do you want just a general discussion about OKW blobs and how to counter them with the USF faction

OR

You want to get your replay reviewed as well ?

Hector

Both? <444>3 :help:
29 Apr 2017, 19:01 PM

Both? <444>3 :help:

Ill have it moved to replay reviews then

Please, move it to replay reviews and REVIEW IT
29 Apr 2017, 20:21 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Ill have it moved to replay reviews then

Please, move it to replay reviews and REVIEW IT

Moved it.
29 Apr 2017, 22:25 PM

OK GBpirate,

I can review this tonight or tomorrow.
30 Apr 2017, 11:42 AM

Hi Pirate I watched the game and here are my thoughts.

You went Rifle company, but you did this just for flame throwers. I don't think you actually needed this. He did not have MGs at the time and blobs work best when they can all fire, 4 units in a church is actually really good for you. Don't be intimidated to get flames as USF, you have other tools see if you can make those work first.

The early game, where you needed to do a bit of winning was often fought in engagements you were going to lose. Never, ever fight losing engagements, except to burn out VPs. You should be more careful about when you fight, if it doesn't work back out and make him fight you elsewhere.

He got a blob, but actually I didn't think for quite some time that his blob was anymore than a few units in the same area that could provide support for each other. He also had a blob around his medic truck, but that is inevitable at some point. If he goes blob you will do well with the MG. You can go Cpt then get the Lt. You saw your AT was powerful enough to deal with a PIV.

The stuart did not have the effect it needed. Considering you were very short on fuel this unit needed to bleed him more.

Blobs are vulnerable to map control losses. If they have to fight everywhere they simply cannot cap points fast enough. He was able to use his blob far more effectively once the Schwer went down because you had no AT guns and he zoned your infantry away from that side of the map. However, he was so close to your base an earlier pak howie probably would have made him fight to keep it. Once he does that you can spread out a bit and rely on base MGs to cover it while you decap his other points.

Be really careful about squad wipes. You had a number and a couple early that were extremely costly. Also I think your choice not to get an ambulance early was wrong, you had a lot of low health squads. You should also have considered one flamer and maybe some bars. Make it easier to win those engagements.

Don't forget to construct cover. You should be building cover to help you win fights.

If he does blob immediately retreat. You will only lose models and their DPS is way too high. You want to meet a blob with suppression or your own superior blob.

Does that help?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS