Login

russian armor

Historical Decals

26 Apr 2017, 00:07 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2017, 20:20 PMStark

They show soviets how they should, but sadly some countries have problem with truth and with accepting the history...

It's company of heroes, not company of war criminals.

Showing Soviets as a heroes fighting for their country could lead to showing Nazi fighting to protect their own country (or rather territory) from the "communist plague".

It's a history.

You know there were multiple german campaigns in vCoH? Surprisingly they didn't include any massacres and atrocities, gee I wonder why.
26 Apr 2017, 01:11 AM

It's simple, you don't like how relic did the campaign then don't play the campaign...
26 Apr 2017, 04:09 AM

I like how some Poles forget about Munich Agreement.

I was also angry with the Poles for their stupidity in the Moscow talks, they refused to let the Red Army through their land. (Let's also remember that Poland supported Hitler and accumulated part of Czechoslovakia in 1938). The result - the cancellation of Moscow talks, signing of the Molotov Pact. "Sigh" with this treaty it could be another war, with fewer casualties.
26 Apr 2017, 04:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2017, 00:07 AMTobis

You know there were multiple german campaigns in vCoH? Surprisingly they didn't include any massacres and atrocities, gee I wonder why.

Haven't played vCoH but there is nothing wrong with campaigns.

I was plaing for years as a Germans in games like Panzer General.
But I assume it was completly out of historical context.

I was also angry with the Poles for their stupidity in the Moscow talks, they refused to let the Red Army through their land. (Let's also remember that Poland supported Hitler and accumulated part of Czechoslovakia in 1938). The result - the cancellation of Moscow talks, signing of the Molotov Pact. "Sigh" with this treaty it could be another war, with fewer casualties.

Don't go that deep. We didn't support Hitler with that - we just used "an occasion". You hardly support anyone if you wanted to invade Germany together with France (but France disagreed).

It's stupidity when you don't allow foreign army to enter your land? It's stupidity to think that Red Army would enter, go through and leave ;)
It's like saying that it was stupidity that we didn't agree for a ex-teritorial highway for Germans. You just don't agree for such things. Never.
26 Apr 2017, 04:24 AM

People, chill... I just want to have the insignia of army divisions as decals, not the Nazi symbol or anything like that... jeez!

On the decals, Relic should have someone spend an afternoon curating and ok'ing many of these, like for instance their own, which are not currently allowed in automatch but I don't think the resources for that exist anymore. A great idea that may have been more likely to survive if THQ hadn't died during game development.

I mean, consider they already had competitions for putting new community skins into the game. And consider the fact that people that made decals already made for all types of vehicles and such, I don't think it would be that difficult.
26 Apr 2017, 06:18 AM

Don't go that deep. We didn't support Hitler with that - we just used "an occasion". You hardly support anyone if you wanted to invade Germany together with France (but France disagreed).

It's stupidity when you don't allow foreign army to enter your land? It's stupidity to think that Red Army would enter, go through and leave ;)
It's like saying that it was stupidity that we didn't agree for a ex-teritorial highway for Germans. You just don't agree for such things. Never.

Say it to Switzerland, which was officially neutral, but allowed the Germans to transit cargo and troops to Italy
26 Apr 2017, 08:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2017, 00:07 AMTobis

They show good Russians, they show bad russians, they show stupidity of the system and it's brutality. They wanted to show this war as not a bombast glory of a soviet union and saviour of all nations. It's not like in every mission and cut scene there was a war crime topic.

Tbh i like the campaign, some people didn't - that's fine by me. That's relic vision of this conflict and it's not a reason to get such a butthurt about this topic.

It's simple, you don't like how relic did the campaign then don't play the campaign...

+1

Let soviets go through their lands...

1 sentence that shows that you don't know what are you talking about

And now let's stop this topic.

26 Apr 2017, 16:51 PM

Historical skins, especially for infantry, and historical unit decals could bring in quite some additional funds to Relic. It is strange that they dont explore that direction.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★