Login

russian armor

Viable USF non-meta Docs

23 Apr 2017, 23:20 PM

So most people, including me, probably you are sick and tired of seeing the exact same 3 Docs that come up for USF meta, so Heavy Cav, Armor and Tac Supp. I swear I'm gonna puke if this keeps going for the rest of the game's life. Is there any viable build orders with non-meta commanders? Mainly Mechanised(because OKW will have no more 3 min fausts), Rifle(for Flamer and EZ8 although its overpriced imo), and Airborne(P47 is still amazingly shit for its cost, Paras are better Rangers period).
24 Apr 2017, 00:32 AM

well an Airborne build of getting 2 Echelons and LT, since you can drop an ATG if you need it then Pathfinders to support Rifles then LMG Paras which are like Obersoldaten works well if you can rush a Sherman out to seal the deal.
Rifle remains playable and is often good in maps with lots of garrisons if you line un a fast EZ8 with a Captain build to rush it even more with Supervise.
I have no idea how Mechanized could work, I mean I've seen it work for some people, but for me the truck is too slow and fragile to be worth it's cost, even with the refund.
24 Apr 2017, 03:02 AM

My go-to strategy is actually used with airborne. I start with 3 rifles, ambulance, then tech to captain and call in paths (in whatever order I feel neccessary), then call in hmg and crew with paths (for the increased sight) and get a stu and sidetechs (in whatever order) and from there I go major and spam jacksons. I usually end up getting a squad of airborne in there somewhere as well, especialy if I lose a squad. Its super manpower heavy, but in 1v1s you'll have so much infantry that the enemy wil feel smothered all over the map, and in team games you'll be able to outfight the enemy pretty much every engagement as long as you don't blob. If you aren't careful though, you'll bleed like hell and sometimes I get a pack howie or something instead of one squad or another.
24 Apr 2017, 05:24 AM

If you wish for non-meta then Rifle company, Infantry, and Airborne are all still viable.

Rifle Company provides flamers which are always useful which you should combine with either smoke grenades or smoke barrages to help RE to move up unharmed as their very fragile. Don't underestimate the Easy Eight either as it's only 15 more fuel then a Panzer 4 yet has more hp allowing it to take one more AT shot, a better gun (which even has 200 penetration at close range! 165 at medium range), good armor, and decent AOE with its gun. They'll serve you well if used wisely as they can punish overextended Panzer 4 which a normal Sherman usually cannot. WP artillery is also powerful as a barrier and can punish a aggressive infantry push and if you can put two or even one BAR Riflemen they'll wipe a large amount of retreating squads. Riflemen sprint is also handy for flanking Wehrmacht HMG42s or quickly closing the gap between MG42 Grenadiers or gaining a better position. Recommended against Wehrmacht

Infantry is useful mainly due to sandbags and mines which are invaluable for defending taken territory and nearly every Axis player will not expect USF to plant mines. Sadly the mortar half track is quite useless even at close range. Time on Target is another artillery strike that can remove 1/4 of HP off the Flak HQ. Now the Priest can be actually quite good against OKW as the barrage cool down is extremely quick so you can constantly bombard their trucks. I've mainly used it in 2v2s where it works wonders against entrenched foes. Not nearly as good as the calliope in terms of AI but better in the AT if it hits of course. Infantry is recommended against OKW

Airborne allows a flexible strategy as you can either call in a .50 cal or AT gun which allows you to go CPT or LT without worry of not having a HMG or AT. If you want paratroopers going two RE into two Rifles into LT or 1 RE into 3 Rifles into CPT. Paratroopers are really glass cannons that require some thought into else they'll bleed due to their poor received accuracy values. Airborne is a very heavy MP doctrine however so you must minimize bleed in any way you can from either staying in buildings to stall or try and retreat from risky engagements. A dangerous but rewarding tactic is to put your ambulance close to the front to heal low hp squads. Can work against both Axis faction
24 Apr 2017, 15:41 PM

If you wish for non-meta then Rifle company, Infantry, and Airborne are all still viable.

Riflemen sprint is also handy for flanking Wehrmacht HMG42s or quickly closing the gap between MG42 Grenadiers or gaining a better position.

But the Fire Up! also causes exhaustion after the sprint, right? This means that is you close the gap, you will get owned anyway, doesn´t it? Can work against MGs, but I kinda can´t see it working against LMG Grens. Am I wrong here?
24 Apr 2017, 17:23 PM

Mortar Half track is definitely own USF mortar since it doesn't get nerf ,so it is good to call in some

and it does have WP round to force retreat or reposition
24 Apr 2017, 23:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2017, 15:41 PMmediev

But the Fire Up! also causes exhaustion after the sprint, right? This means that is you close the gap, you will get owned anyway, doesn´t it? Can work against MGs, but I kinda can´t see it working against LMG Grens. Am I wrong here?

You do have to have some tactical awareness when using it as not to be punished on retreat or get into a worse position. The exhaustion only gives a speed debuff nothing else. Duel BAR Rifles dominate LMG Grenadiers at close range and sprinting through yellow cover mitigates quite a bit of damage. Being able to negate a few seconds of MG42 fire at it's strongest range is invaluable.

If you wish I could see about getting a replay or two with Rifle Company in 2s or 1s.
25 Apr 2017, 22:10 PM

You do have to have some tactical awareness when using it as not to be punished on retreat or get into a worse position. The exhaustion only gives a speed debuff nothing else. Duel BAR Rifles dominate LMG Grenadiers at close range and sprinting through yellow cover mitigates quite a bit of damage. Being able to negate a few seconds of MG42 fire at it's strongest range is invaluable.

If you wish I could see about getting a replay or two with Rifle Company in 2s or 1s.

Frankly, I was not entirely sure how strong the exhaustion was. I thought it gave received accuracy penalty as well. I remember using it once and then getting completely owned, so I guess I had it as a mental block in my brain not to use it. Good to know. Thanks.
25 Apr 2017, 22:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2017, 22:10 PMmediev

Frankly, I was not entirely sure how strong the exhaustion was. I thought it gave received accuracy penalty as well. I remember using it once and then getting completely owned, so I guess I had it as a mental block in my brain not to use it. Good to know. Thanks.

The slow can still get you killed vs stuff like Grenades and the like, use with care.
26 Apr 2017, 09:53 AM

Mechanized is going to be viable again vs OKW.

If I remember well, you do 1xRE 1xRM call the dodge and rush his fuel to surprise the kubel. Your objective is to pickup his units one by one to bleed him and force him on a defensive gameplay then refund the dodge. The first RE you build so you have 2xRE is to cap and hold critical houses.

My special strat vs OKW with the commander is to rush sherman, have 180 munition ready when you hit CP08. When you have both, rush his T3, you have to get it downe to 2/3 life with the sherman and then you can call the barrage down on it to finish it.
Usually he doesn't have time to get any armor before so you force him into KT late game. On the mean time you can repeat the operation on his other trucks.
You can also decide to do it on his T1 first if he placed it aggressively and use it as FRP.

Reco commander

You need around 360 munitions and 2xIR pathfinder, find one of his structure and double call barrage strike.
You can also do the same trick as above with only one IR pathfinder and a sherman.
Reco commander is also good since IR pathfinder cloak on cover. So you call one, place it on a good spot on the map where you can see without being detected and build a pack / mortar/ M8A1 to harass him.

Infantry commander

Use flare to give you vision for your indirect fire units. It also helps quite a lot to prepare your flanking attack. The Ez8 is good but not that much vs infantry. use it as a damage soaker but have a jackson behind to score AT damage or M8A1 to deal with Obers.

-----

The problem is today, USF is really missing late game arty. Ostheer has been reinforced with the changes in the last patchs making them more reliable early game and letting them transitioning on a better defensive position mid to late game. OKW is OKW and late game blob and aggressive truck positioning need to be take done.
The Calliope is somewhat the best tool to support you in your entreprise.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★