Login

russian armor

soviets quad is terribly horrible on move

18 Apr 2017, 21:01 PM

i was testing this unit, and while i was testing i found this problem with the quad upgrade... while moving 1 feet away from a WM engineer circling it. it took me almost 2 mins to kill the engineer. and i was 1 FEEEET AWAY! wtf the burst are so short and accuracy is so horrible on the move it cant damage any unit at all! even when 1 feet away. there needs to be a fix for this its not fair compared to other units. the 222 will kill the unitwhile moving near 1 feet7x faster then a quad whats the deal? it does no dmg almost
aaa
18 Apr 2017, 21:13 PM

Quad to t2. With t2 price increase to match flak/222 timing and lower price of t3. MG or mortar to t0
18 Apr 2017, 21:18 PM

if they dont fix the quad i agree aaa
18 Apr 2017, 21:18 PM

mandatory T3 is bullshit. And yeah, quads suck now, maybe with the new hold fire from GCS patch things can improve
18 Apr 2017, 21:34 PM

Is the Tactical Support M5 quad any better?

I'm about to get the commander, that's why I'm asking.
18 Apr 2017, 21:49 PM

Is the Tactical Support M5 quad any better?

I'm about to get the commander, that's why I'm asking.

It's exactly the same, as far as I know.
18 Apr 2017, 22:22 PM

dont buy it for the m5 tho lol unless u dont plan on upgrading its fine then
19 Apr 2017, 00:42 AM

Have you tired the OKW flak on the move?

Oh wait :D
19 Apr 2017, 03:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Apr 2017, 21:49 PMzerocoh

It's exactly the same, as far as I know.

That does make sense sadly, damn.

dont buy it for the m5 tho lol unless u dont plan on upgrading its fine then

Of course I'm not getting it for the M5, I'm getting it for the Calliope.
19 Apr 2017, 04:01 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Apr 2017, 00:42 AMNano
Have you tired the OKW flak on the move?

Oh wait :D

^

The only anti-infantry vehicles with non-bulletin suppression capability are not designed to be used as chasers. Also, why would you ever want to circle infantry up close with it, or better yet, how did he get that close to begin with? You're using it wrong. Treat it like any other MG: stay put and let the suppression and better accuracy of stationary fucc em up.

On the other hand, it works pretty well as a 222/250/251 killer on the move.
19 Apr 2017, 04:40 AM

That does make sense sadly, damn.

Of course I'm not getting it for the M5, I'm getting it for the Calliope.

Callie is pretty much the only good thing left in the doctrine what with the 1919 nerf too. I remember the days when you could get 4 1919s shooting out of one m5 at once lol...
19 Apr 2017, 13:25 PM

Right now you are judging fish by it´s ability to climb a tree.

Quad is not close range bursting vehicle anymore. It´s support vehicle. Use it at long range, not moving and you will see how nicely will it supress the enemy squads.

After all quad is not light tank that can handle infantry on it´s own. It´s a supportive vehicle that can help infantry to win fights either by reinforcing them or serving as a mobile supression platform. It shouldn´t and won´t win engangements alone, but I can turn lost infantry engangement into a win, by supressing the enemy squad.
19 Apr 2017, 15:41 PM

hector ofcourse its great stand still and used for suppressing everyone knows that. but being so close to a unit while moving should be able to do some damage. for example reversing while engine damaged. and troops are so close they are touching u... even tho ur quad is shooting it wont hurt them nearly no damage at all.... which it should not be that wat. think about luch or 222... allies troop cant close in cuz they will get raped being close even while the light vehicle is moving. u shouldnt be able to be 1 feet away from it and be safe is wat im trying to say. while moving and shooting from far is a different story but up close troops should take a decent amount of damage.. if ur going to argue about how its fine, first go try it then get back to me and tell me its fine
19 Apr 2017, 15:49 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

hector ofcourse its great stand still and used for suppressing everyone knows that. but being so close to a unit while moving should be able to do some damage. for example reversing while engine damaged. and troops are so close they are touching u... even tho ur quad is shooting it wont hurt them nearly no damage at all.... which it should not be that wat. think about luch or 222... allies troop cant close in cuz they will get raped being close even while the light vehicle is moving. u shouldnt be able to be 1 feet away from it and be safe is wat im trying to say. while moving and shooting from far is a different story but up close troops should take a decent amount of damage.. if ur going to argue about how its fine, first go try it then get back to me and tell me its fine

The luchs and the 222 also can't suppress units to stop them from closing in in the first place. If your half track is snared then either you:
  • Hit a mine
  • Got out flanked near a sight blocker and became snared

Both of which are l2p issues. Get sweepers for mines and cover your flanks so you don't get outflanked and snared. Mines snares are also only possible with schu mine 42s as Tellers will just destroy the halftrack. Also even if you're snared you can just have the quad go staionary and suppress the squad thats ontop of you. I don't know how fast it pins, but I'm willing to bet it's pretty fast if the squad is ontop of your halftrack. If you can't stop moving cause there's an AT gun inrange that is still a l2p issue since you drove your HT into AT gun range and snare range.
19 Apr 2017, 21:07 PM

it was an example of if shadow.. nothing u said justifies the quad having no dmg on the move. the m1 has better on the move dmg by a ton and thats crazy to think. i suggest that the half burst duration that was implemented return to normal but keep the accuracy debuff. and thats hardly going to help. can someone show a clip of how strong the quad is up close while moving?
19 Apr 2017, 21:10 PM

it was an example of if shadow.. nothing u said justifies the quad having no dmg on the move. the m1 has better on the move dmg by a ton and thats crazy to think. i suggest that the half burst duration that was implemented return to normal but keep the accuracy debuff. and thats hardly going to help. can someone show a clip of how strong the quad is up close while moving?

The point of MGs isn't to do damage, it's to suppress and pin and force retreats so you can win engagements and take more territory. That's what the quad is now meant to do; a fast moving suppression platform. That's how maxim spam functions. You barely get kills when you spam maxims, but you creep and take territory and your opponet gradually has to move back.
19 Apr 2017, 23:47 PM

The point of MGs isn't to do damage, it's to suppress and pin and force retreats so you can win engagements and take more territory.

Unless it's a Vikers in a building, in which case it can shoot you from space, suppress you in one burst and kill a model on every burst.

Vikers in buildings makes serious sad faces on oponents :D
20 Apr 2017, 00:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Apr 2017, 23:47 PMNano

Unless it's a Vikers in a building, in which case it can shoot you from space, suppress you in one burst and kill a model on every burst.

Vikers in buildings makes serious sad faces on oponents :D

That's a frustrating mechanic. Lower end suppression values on the MG34 and vickers and probably now the maxim make MGs too weak vs an actually spaced blob. Any MG can suppress 5 units stacked ontop of each other, but when you need to suppress 2-3 that are spaced very quickly only the MG42 and 50cal can probably do it anymore. I don't count the DSHK cause it's doctrinal but it most definatly can suppress.
20 Apr 2017, 01:27 AM

The quad's accuracy on the move was reduced to prevent it picking off squads constantly. You can also get this unit as Americans with certain cmdrs, a very potent thing for a faction which usually doesn't have lots of suppression power.

If you get it for suppression you will be very impressed. Keep it well back, it just needs to nick the squads you want to crawl on the ground.
20 Apr 2017, 03:12 AM

Right now you are judging fish by it´s ability to climb a tree.
Quad is not close range bursting vehicle anymore. It´s support vehicle. Use it at long range, not moving and you will see how nicely will it supress the enemy squads.

+1
Hear Hear!

Nope, sorry Quad is fine now.
If you used it properly, it the enemy wouldnt come 1 foot of it.

The quad's accuracy on the move was reduced to prevent it picking off squads constantly. You can also get this unit as Americans with certain cmdrs, a very potent thing for a faction which usually doesn't have lots of suppression power.

If you get it for suppression you will be very impressed. Keep it well back, it just needs to nick the squads you want to crawl on the ground.

+1
I love seeing soviets trying to YOLO that thing into a wall of Paks
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight