Login

russian armor

1v1 USF vs OKW

12 Apr 2017, 04:08 AM
Senior Editor Badge

Hi, below is a quick 1v1 where I played as USF against an OKW player. CELO ranks USF: 206 OKW: 107

I really don't know what I should've done differently.

Usually, I don't lose hard enough so my RE Rifle Rifle LT M15 Weapon Rack Ambulance Capt build goes very well.

Even though I heard the Luchs before M15 finished, I figured it was still better investment than .50 cal or the M20 as it could damage the luchs.

I was so pressed for fuel I could barely afford weapon racks; had just enough muni for 4 zooks, but my opponent had enough fuel for a Puma a minute or so after I got my first two zooks.

He dove hard but I killed both puma and Luchs, but it didn't matter because I had already lost.

Essentially, I lost in the first 5 minutes.

TL;DR Do I need a better build order, better cap order, better micro, or a mix of all three?

12 Apr 2017, 15:25 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Will take a look at this. Thoughts posted shortly.

/set yellow
12 Apr 2017, 16:07 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

So it seems you're trying to go for the fast cap and pressure build. The 2nd RE into LT tech means you want to cap faster than getting a rifle first and then apply more pressure with an early vehicle.

https://www.coh2.org/guides/59348/usf-combined-arms-keep-what-you-can-secure

This guide is the most recent USF guide and utilizes this build order as well. I think it would be most helpful.

Other mistakes I saw included:

• Floating manpower: You floated 400 manpower right after you built your 1st RE squad and this delayed your 1st rifle. This delays your capping and your fighting power but it an easy mistake to fix. Other points in the game as well you floated 500 manpower. Do your best not to float.

• Fighting unwinable engagements: If you don't gain anything by fighting an engagement there is no reason to fight. If you have 1 rifle trying to push out against 3 volks with StGs you're going to lose. Retreat, regroup and push out so you can actually push him away instead of just bleeding yourself and giving him vet.

• Mortar: The USF mortar is no where near where it used to be, but it's still a mortar. Which means it works well against slow moving units like team weapons. You saw only mobile infantry that game as he was infantry spamming. A 50cal would've been better than the mortar at that point in time.

• Rebuilding fallen officers is not usually worth it as USF. An argument can be made for the major as it has FRP, recon and arty, but not so much the CPT and LT. The LT does not have AT grenades, and has worse veterancy scaling than the standard rifleman, his only upside is he comes with a free BAR. I think a rifle would've been better than rebuilding your LT.

Overall: Your micro is overall pretty decent and can carry you so far, but what holds you back is your decision making. If you see a lot of support weapons, go mortar. If you see infantry spam, go machine guns to suppress them. Try and focus on not floating, your resources give you nothing when they sit in the bank. Lastly be decisive in your engagements. If you're just going to end up losing 4 rifle models for 1 volk model it isn't worth the time or manpower and you should just retreat.

Hope this helped. If you have any further questions, comments or concerns feel free to ask.

/set green
13 Apr 2017, 00:26 AM
Senior Editor Badge

So it seems you're trying to go for the fast cap and pressure build. The 2nd RE into LT tech means you want to cap faster than getting a rifle first and then apply more pressure with an early vehicle.

https://www.coh2.org/guides/59348/usf-combined-arms-keep-what-you-can-secure

This guide is the most recent USF guide and utilizes this build order as well. I think it would be most helpful.

Other mistakes I saw included:

• Floating manpower: You floated 400 manpower right after you built your 1st RE squad and this delayed your 1st rifle. This delays your capping and your fighting power but it an easy mistake to fix. Other points in the game as well you floated 500 manpower. Do your best not to float.

• Fighting unwinable engagements: If you don't gain anything by fighting an engagement there is no reason to fight. If you have 1 rifle trying to push out against 3 volks with StGs you're going to lose. Retreat, regroup and push out so you can actually push him away instead of just bleeding yourself and giving him vet.

• Mortar: The USF mortar is no where near where it used to be, but it's still a mortar. Which means it works well against slow moving units like team weapons. You saw only mobile infantry that game as he was infantry spamming. A 50cal would've been better than the mortar at that point in time.

• Rebuilding fallen officers is not usually worth it as USF. An argument can be made for the major as it has FRP, recon and arty, but not so much the CPT and LT. The LT does not have AT grenades, and has worse veterancy scaling than the standard rifleman, his only upside is he comes with a free BAR. I think a rifle would've been better than rebuilding your LT.

Overall: Your micro is overall pretty decent and can carry you so far, but what holds you back is your decision making. If you see a lot of support weapons, go mortar. If you see infantry spam, go machine guns to suppress them. Try and focus on not floating, your resources give you nothing when they sit in the bank. Lastly be decisive in your engagements. If you're just going to end up losing 4 rifle models for 1 volk model it isn't worth the time or manpower and you should just retreat.

Hope this helped. If you have any further questions, comments or concerns feel free to ask.

/set green

Thanks! I think I was too busy typing in chat/I thought I had already start making my rifle. I think I just don't really know what to do when I see an engagement in the early game that I'm losing. Like, I don't want to give up my fuel so my rifle is going to sit here so they can't cap it. I guess it's just learning/playing at a higher level and being aware of what is and isn't a winnable engagement and what would be the best solution.

I appreciate your feedback :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 45
Germany 13
Korea, Republic Of 1
Germany 44

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L