Coh2chart.com new data tell us alot....

11 Apr 2017, 02:29 AM

Coh2chart.com new data tell us alot....

Coh2chart.com

What are your conclusions?

Lets discuss them intelligently.

Thanks.

Hi VoltarDark,
You're probably hoping that people would look at the move in the averages and undo some of the changes. It's not going to happen. The GCS balance mod testing will continue, followed by multiple nerfs to UKF armor, crush removed from both the M10 and Cromwell, artillery cover nerfed, etc.

What you will get out of this thread is some awesome theories. My favorite is the claim that Axis top 250 play more games, because somehow 1815 + 1619 is more than 1695 + 1525 + 1405 (1v1 data). Nobody has pulled out the awesome uniform theory yet but I'm sure it is inbound.

Unfortunately, it isn't possible to do any real analysis on this. We don't have any actual data on matches and can't control for player, faction, map, etc. Also, win/loss is a type of nominal variable. You'd have to get additional data like margin of victory and game length. Then you'd have to analyze those and try to infer something from it. If you could do all of that, you'd probably have a great future in sports betting. I'm going to stick with my day job.

11 Apr 2017, 02:52 AM

Well, chart stabilizing or not, after playing 2521 hours of team format, i can say that the game was more fun then it is now. You can trust me on it.

Recently i watched a lot of matches and the tournament...

Seriously, something has to be done, the team formats feel broken.

Too many mass one shot kill, from arties, mobile arties, brumbars, sturm tigers, stukas, Caliope, Katyusha. They are now too commun and easy to use. Those one don't have really counters, before doing their effects.

You can find a mine/demo combo is you are careful, but it's hard to negate the first shot of a Katyusha or the likes.

Strategy is negated by the use of too common mass destruction units. You don't think, you just click and voila they are all dead. No need to flank anymore...

The return of the blobs with attack ground...

Question : what are the 3 most deadly units in Coh2 (non doctrinal) ?
I mean the one that get the top killer title the most often in a match, from both side.

Oh Relic gods, i beg you to give more scope to the community workers so they can help your game to be great again !

:)
11 Apr 2017, 03:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2017, 02:29 AMGrumpy

Hi VoltarDark,
You're probably hoping that people would look at the move in the averages and undo some of the changes. It's not going to happen. The GCS balance mod testing will continue, followed by multiple nerfs to UKF armor, crush removed from both the M10 and Cromwell, artillery cover nerfed, etc.

What you will get out of this thread is some awesome theories. My favorite is the claim that Axis top 250 play more games, because somehow 1815 + 1619 is more than 1695 + 1525 + 1405 (1v1 data). Nobody has pulled out the awesome uniform theory yet but I'm sure it is inbound.

Unfortunately, it isn't possible to do any real analysis on this. We don't have any actual data on matches and can't control for player, faction, map, etc. Also, win/loss is a type of nominal variable. You'd have to get additional data like margin of victory and game length. Then you'd have to analyze those and try to infer something from it. If you could do all of that, you'd probably have a great future in sports betting. I'm going to stick with my day job.

I don't have any pretensions about what you can analyse from the charts.

The charts are just small clues, data mining has some importance and we can't blind ourselves on purpose.

But the charts won't replace the feeling we have when play a game. I don't play just to win, but also to have fun. No fun=no game. Win=Enough balanced to be fun and fair. We are not there yet for the larger team formats.

All the patches/changes are rather great and logic and i rather approuve them.
We don't go back, we go forward, it' make a better game, it's called evolution.

But the process has to continue til the fun return to all formats.

Fun and fair for all.
11 Apr 2017, 09:17 AM

Permanently Banned
Wait guys, new patch with maxim nerf.
11 Apr 2017, 13:17 PM

Wait guys, new patch with maxim nerf.

They should have included the arty cover nerf, UKF armor nerf, and the Calliope nerf that Mr Smith talks about so much. It will be amusing.
11 Apr 2017, 17:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2017, 02:29 AMGrumpy

Hi VoltarDark,

Thank you so much, it seems that most people cant read statistics properly. Actually the statistic that we are presented with tells nothing about balance, but merely which factions are most played. This might be connected to balance issues, but the correlation cannot be proven with those charts, its mere speculation.
11 Apr 2017, 21:25 PM
Patrion 14

i played thousands of hours playing 2v2+ and its better now.
14 Apr 2017, 15:55 PM

it just the usual allied fanboys complaining in all the topics,ignore them and yet somehow you have a good discussion,on the topic just wait 2 more weeks,(frankly these kinds of thread weren't made when allied got buffed i wonder why )
14 Apr 2017, 16:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2017, 17:12 PMGarrett

Thank you so much, it seems that most people cant read statistics properly. Actually the statistic that we are presented with tells nothing about balance, but merely which factions are most played. This might be connected to balance issues, but the correlation cannot be proven with those charts, its mere speculation.

It's a foggy window into balance, at best. The number of games played is always exactly equal (since automatch is always axis versus allies) but the comparison of even top 250 is muddied since there are three factions on one side and two on the other. Add into that the fact that many players play most of the factions and appear in the top 250 on all five lists and it makes comparisons impossible.

The GCS is interesting because it paired players on the same map. Almost all of the matchups featured each player in the pair playing one axis game and one allied game. The results of that make it look like there is a balance problem, but one of the problems there was that they included Crossing in the Woods, which has a lower overall win rate for allies than the general average.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★