Login

russian armor

Panthers need adjustment

PAGES (10)down
31 Aug 2017, 13:24 PM

the idea from "diving" is often a dumb idea ...cause mostly no hits while driving. and hunting a tank which has the same speed like panther...inpossbile...because u can choose: drive and hit nothing...or stand 1 sec and lost the range for the next hit
31 Aug 2017, 14:43 PM

(That was not directed towards quoted post).

I do and I make sure I stop before I shoot just like I do with most tanks (especially EFA). It's not like the panther has a hard time stopping (and even if it did it wouldn't matter because as soon as you hit "s" the penalties are removed) and you don't even have to flank 99% of the time so it's not like you have to dive tanks in the traditional sense. The marginally better range helps too. I'd be fine with buffs to the OST panther (nothing crazy, just maybe increased base accuracy and lower reload or 200 dmg).

Are you serious? I resonded to you saying you could easily circle a firefly to death. I said the Panther will not hit it on the move, whilst circling it. You now tell me I have to stop the tank to hit the Firefly. Don't you understand what circling means?

Lol.
31 Aug 2017, 22:49 PM

Are you serious? I resonded to you saying you could easily circle a firefly to death. I said the Panther will not hit it on the move, whilst circling it. You now tell me I have to stop the tank to hit the Firefly. Don't you understand what circling means?

Lol.

You can still stop and go when circling- it's not unheard of. I do it with t34s against kts sometimes and that's a much more skewed matchupBut in that situation you probably don't need to stop because you're literally touching the tank at that point. You can also take 3 hits from a firefly with a panther and they have comparable reload times.

The bigger concern is that you're probably gonna get tulip'd on the way over.

And isn't the firefly supposed to counter the panther anyway?
31 Aug 2017, 23:54 PM

You can still stop and go when circling- it's not unheard of. I do it with t34s against kts sometimes and that's a much more skewed matchupBut in that situation you probably don't need to stop because you're literally touching the tank at that point. You can also take 3 hits from a firefly with a panther and they have comparable reload times.

I feel like there's been too much weight put onto 'supposed counters' between units at the cost of unit functionality.

The 'rock-paper-scissors' dynamic that's often attributed to mgs, mortars, and infantry has to do with how the units function, not any hard coded aspects.
1 Sep 2017, 03:05 AM

I feel like there's been too much weight put onto 'supposed counters' between units at the cost of unit functionality.

The 'rock-paper-scissors' dynamic that's often attributed to mgs, mortars, and infantry has to do with how the units function, not any hard coded aspects.

Well my point is in terms of functionality, it's no surprise that a firefly can mess with an ost panther due to its role and just its raw stats right?

The rock-paper-scissors thing kind of goes out the window sometimes anyway, especially with how a lot of factions tiers and units are set up.
1 Sep 2017, 11:55 AM

The Panther will miss whilst standing still next to the Firefly too lol. It has such poor accuracy.

Isn´t the Panther supposed to counter the Firefly?

Every reply you post, you dig your grave of cedibility a little deeper.
2 Sep 2017, 02:21 AM

The Panther will miss whilst standing still next to the Firefly too lol. It has such poor accuracy.

Isn´t the Panther supposed to counter the Firefly?

Every reply you post, you dig your grave of cedibility a little deeper.

You can misconstrue what I say all you want. My point is that a firefly being able to fight a panther isn't a sign of the panther underperforming since the firefly had a large main gun with a long reload time, small AoE, and high damage. In other words, it's supposed to fight tanks.

That's a complete exaggeration. The panther will not miss a firefly at point blank. I've just been using it as ostheer and I tested it just to be sure in cheatmode.

I don't think you realize I'm in your side. Disregarding the fact that there probably won't be any more patches for a while, I think that the ost panther could use some love. The okw one is fine imo because it has much better moving acc and 5 levels of vet at a more attainable tier.

I think that the main problem is that it has really low dps, and I think it could maybe use a slight base accuracy buff too. The thing about bitching about moving accuracy is that if you put it up higher, that leaves usf tanks and most other mediums/advanced mediums in a bit of a hole, as they have mostly inferior stats compared to the panther and not much recourse for fighting one.
2 Sep 2017, 22:14 PM

Maybe if they also fixed the "phase" through feature of the panther would help, its the best at doing it because of its speed and acceleration. Hitting the stop key helps when trying to block it woth other tanks but i cannot count how many times i seen a panther have 9 lives because of the bullshit phasing through my tanks. I think blitzkreig also adds to why that happens
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight