Login

russian armor

1 vs 1 USF vs Ostheer, need advice

5 Apr 2017, 21:11 PM

Need advice.
Blooby Ost win game, becouse I don't know how counter blob of pzgrens covered by heavy mg and panzer4 with improved (thanks winter ballance) explosion radius.

p.s. I still have no Heavy Cavalry doctrine, only Rifle and Mechanized companies, so do not advice her
6 Apr 2017, 14:31 PM

Will review today
6 Apr 2017, 15:35 PM

Hector I am going to set this to yellow.

Fray, what change to the PIV are you referring to? As far as I know no changes were made to the tank at all.
6 Apr 2017, 18:00 PM

Fray, what change to the PIV are you referring to? As far as I know no changes were made to the tank at all.

Sorry I forgot ^^
6 Apr 2017, 20:12 PM

Let´s go then.

First thing, on your level of play, what minds most is the build and capping order. Especially the build order. You do not need micro like DevM (microing 4 rifles stimulateosly) to win most matches. Even I cannot micro that many squads all at once, yet I´m between top 30 and top 100 (based on how much time I have to play).

So we will focus on your build order and general mistakes

A cache. As USF player (or as any other faction in 1v1, it´s not good idea to build caches in 1v1 except few conditions. But generaly not), you should never spend manpower on caches, because you want to spend all your manpower on fighting squads. More squads = more pressure = more map control = more fuel. Much more than from 1 cache. Also you will deny fuel from the enemy. And that´s even more important. USA is good when snowballed (when you use your early game advantage to get superior numbers later on). And Ostheer is strong only with it´s tank, so denying them is always good idea.

Mortar + frag grenades ? Why did you go short range mortars against assgrens ? Better to invest on another riflemen and put presure elsewhere. Also why you went frags so early ? You can play around single HMG42 with rifles. Cap where MG isn´t. It cannot occupy church and hold flanks at once. And if it goes out, flank it and force it to retreat. Use 2-3 rifles toghether (not blobed), one as bait, others will flank hmg, and force it to retreat.

Why echelon squad ? They are mostly useless except as zook squad. They cannot outfight assgrens. Don´t go them.

Your general build order was rather messy. A general rule is to go either lieutenant into captain into major/callins or captain into major/callins. I don´t see any reason to backtech for quad once you got stuart and you can sherman soon.

Against this build order (assgrens, or assgrens with sniper) I recommend going m20 into stuart because he lacks panzerfausts = m20 can roam freely, gaing ground early. Just remember to lay few mines and then bait 222 over them or use crew zook. Then go stuart to hardcounter 222. Then go armored company callins, not major. M10 is especially good against this build, because it can crush enemy squads (he lacks panzerfausts after all) and also fight tiger cost-efficiently and comes at same time as stug e, hardcountering it.

Also going normal shermans with armor comapny was mistake, general speaking when you go armor company you want to spam M10´s with occasional sherman dozer to control infantry.

Infantry composition: RIfles should always get double BARS (or lmg if doctrine allows) and REAR Echelons zooks. This is becuase rifles are great and tough squad against infantry, and BARs will buff them even more while Echelons are cheap infantry and thus they are great with zooks against tanks because tank shells do not care about recived accuracy and echelons are also cheap to replace.

I think that´s it. Better build order and you would have won. You was better than him. Really :). He was floating manpower like pig, while you was using all your tools avalible and also put enaugh pressure on him (especially mid game, you had almost whole map). But then you did several mistakes like loosing too many squads, bad build order or equiping rifles with zooks and that cost you a game.

For futhure reading I recommend you to read these 3 guides :

General guide on how to play USF from best coh2 USF player ever - DevM

Armor comapny guide- build order and many tips and tricks on how to play with ARMOR COMPANY

A Kholodny Ferma perspective from one of the best coh2 players - Jesulin. Capping orders, important buildings and more

All guides are mostly up to date - DevM´s one isn´t in terms of best build order- rifle co. is no longer meta like for 1 year, but core concept of USF as is remains the same and units also didn´t change that much so I recommend you to read it, just ignore which commader to chose part, only read commader pros and cons for example.

Also you may want to read this guide if you like playing with support weapons as USF, It´s new and up to date

USF Combined Arms - Keep what you can secure

Feel free to ask me anything you want to.
Hector
Cheeers
6 Apr 2017, 21:27 PM

Improved damage to garrisons in the patch, is not it?
I'm sure relics increased garrison damage, and PIV deal aggressive damage to infanitry.
6 Apr 2017, 22:01 PM

Let´s go then.

First thing, on your level of play, what minds most is the build and capping order. Especially the build order. You do not need micro like DevM (microing 4 rifles stimulateosly) to win most matches. Even I cannot micro that many squads all at once, yet I´m between top 30 and top 100 (based on how much time I have to play).

So we will focus on your build order and general mistakes

A cache. As USF player (or as any other faction in 1v1, it´s not good idea to build caches in 1v1 except few conditions. But generaly not), you should never spend manpower on caches, because you want to spend all your manpower on fighting squads. More squads = more pressure = more map control = more fuel. Much more than from 1 cache. Also you will deny fuel from the enemy. And that´s even more important. USA is good when snowballed (when you use your early game advantage to get superior numbers later on). And Ostheer is strong only with it´s tank, so denying them is always good idea.

Mortar + frag grenades ? Why did you go short range mortars against assgrens ? Better to invest on another riflemen and put presure elsewhere. Also why you went frags so early ? You can play around single HMG42 with rifles. Cap where MG isn´t. It cannot occupy church and hold flanks at once. And if it goes out, flank it and force it to retreat. Use 2-3 rifles toghether (not blobed), one as bait, others will flank hmg, and force it to retreat.

Why echelon squad ? They are mostly useless except as zook squad. They cannot outfight assgrens. Don´t go them.

Your general build order was rather messy. A general rule is to go either lieutenant into captain into major/callins or captain into major/callins. I don´t see any reason to backtech for quad once you got stuart and you can sherman soon.

Against this build order (assgrens, or assgrens with sniper) I recommend going m20 into stuart because he lacks panzerfausts = m20 can roam freely, gaing ground early. Just remember to lay few mines and then bait 222 over them or use crew zook. Then go stuart to hardcounter 222. Then go armored company callins, not major. M10 is especially good against this build, because it can crush enemy squads (he lacks panzerfausts after all) and also fight tiger cost-efficiently and comes at same time as stug e, hardcountering it.

Also going normal shermans with armor comapny was mistake, general speaking when you go armor company you want to spam M10´s with occasional sherman dozer to control infantry.

Infantry composition: RIfles should always get double BARS (or lmg if doctrine allows) and REAR Echelons zooks. This is becuase rifles are great and tough squad against infantry, and BARs will buff them even more while Echelons are cheap infantry and thus they are great with zooks against tanks because tank shells do not care about recived accuracy and echelons are also cheap to replace.

I think that´s it. Better build order and you would have won. You was better than him. Really :). He was floating manpower like pig, while you was using all your tools avalible and also put enaugh pressure on him (especially mid game, you had almost whole map). But then you did several mistakes like loosing too many squads, bad build order or equiping rifles with zooks and that cost you a game.

For futhure reading I recommend you to read these 3 guides :

General guide on how to play USF from best coh2 USF player ever - DevM

Armor comapny guide- build order and many tips and tricks on how to play with ARMOR COMPANY

A Kholodny Ferma perspective from one of the best coh2 players - Jesulin. Capping orders, important buildings and more

All guides are mostly up to date - DevM´s one isn´t in terms of best build order- rifle co. is no longer meta like for 1 year, but core concept of USF as is remains the same and units also didn´t change that much so I recommend you to read it, just ignore which commader to chose part, only read commader pros and cons for example.

Also you may want to read this guide if you like playing with support weapons as USF, It´s new and up to date

USF Combined Arms - Keep what you can secure

Feel free to ask me anything you want to.
Hector
Cheeers

Thank you very much, Hector! You cheered me up.

Only reason for backtech was a quad.I thought that he would help versus spam of assaultgrens and later pzgrens, but my micro isn't so good to keep it alive

Let´s go then.

I think microcontrol of all squads on map is key to win. Probably, I'm little nervous playing 1 vs 1 games (I'm more courageous on 2 vs 2 and 3 vs 3 :) )

I hate Axis hMG's. I do not know how to counter them except smoke and mortars. And, I usually forget about control it :(.

And some answers: what commanders I need to take? And in which situations? Is there sence of Rifle and Mecha companies on new meta's?
7 Apr 2017, 08:08 AM
Senior Editor Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Apr 2017, 21:27 PMFray2

Improved damage to garrisons in the patch, is not it?
I'm sure relics increased garrison damage, and PIV deal aggressive damage to infanitry.

At least according to the patchnotes there were no changes to the PIV whatsoever. Maybe you confuse this with the changes to OKW's PII which indeed got its effectiveness vs. garrisons improved (which was pretty lackluster before)?

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 82

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight