Login

russian armor

[OKW] Flame nades, side upgrade.

4 Apr 2017, 13:11 PM

Permanently Banned
Hello,

I find very frustrating when I'm forced to build cheapest tier to unlock flame nades ASAP to counter garissoned MG or similar. Cheapest tier happens to be Medic HQ. When i want to build Mech HQ after SturmPios got their medic supplies, pudding.

My tought would make the first truck cheaper to compensate "inclusive Flame nades price" with mech or medic HQ, and make Flame nades as side upgrade, leaving Tier upgrade price intact. Flame nades would be unlockable for a proper price from the get go.

But I guess it would break the game with faust unlock being too fast. And people who don't upgrade flame nades would use this to advantage for faster techning, because truck would be cheaper.

I just want to counter garisson with less salt and cancer as OKW.

Feel free to brainstorm.
4 Apr 2017, 13:30 PM
Strategist Badge

I think its okay as is. going for 3 volks and then tech is very viable. Going for 4 volks right away gives you a lot of field pressure.

Going for the Mechanized tech slows you down but then you get a tank out of it.

Unless the fuel costs across the board of OKW are changed (many tanks are still too expensive) then i wouldn't want to add an extra fuel cost.
4 Apr 2017, 13:30 PM

never ever get OKW a early anti garrison/ mg spam unit/ ability...so the rofl-mg-spamer wouldnt have a easy game vs okw...

but the way...yesterday my kubel get shootet by an AT nade from sovjet...in under 2min from start! wtf.
4 Apr 2017, 13:36 PM

Well they could unlock the flame nades when you build the truck like the faust, its not like you have munitions to spam flame nades at the start specially since you are using medkits.
4 Apr 2017, 13:38 PM

never ever get OKW a early anti garrison/ mg spam unit/ ability...so the rofl-mg-spamer wouldnt have a easy game vs okw...

but the way...yesterday my kubel get shootet by an AT nade from sovjet...in under 2min from start! wtf.

Odd choice to get an AT gun that soon, means less infantry on the field. I don't feel like a single AT gun round should kill a Kubel alone, maybe I am wrong on that though.

Not a great investment in my eyes just to take down a Kubel.
4 Apr 2017, 13:45 PM

Odd choice to get an AT gun that soon, means less infantry on the field. I don't feel like a single AT gun round should kill a Kubel alone, maybe I am wrong on that though.

Not a great investment in my eyes just to take down a Kubel.

maybe..but which other faction can faust after 2min?? or shot molotovs after 2min??
4 Apr 2017, 13:55 PM

maybe..but which other faction can faust after 2min?? or shot molotovs after 2min??

Um, Pretty much all of them? OST only needs 25 Muni and a Grenadier, OKW only needs to have a Truck Called onto a field and Munitions (15 Fuel), USF only needs Vet 1 (harder, but if you force engagements you get it soon enough). If anything Soviets have it the worst because theirs A) Costs the Most Fuel B) Isn't part of your normal tech Progression.

On topic - sometimes its better to just ignore a HMG garrison at the start of the game and focus on capping other parts of the map/ going for their cut-off until you get your first truck set up and a proper counter.
4 Apr 2017, 14:12 PM

My apologies but this looks a bit funny to me.

Some people complain that axis have advantage because they have no side techs and now some people thing that having no side tech is disadvantage and asking for a side tech...

(On another Topic a OKW truck is 100 MP/ 15 FU not only 15 FU, so that is the price ones has to pay to get a P.Faust as OKW)
4 Apr 2017, 14:31 PM
Donator 33

Well that doesn't exist for wher tgey get everything as they tech. But they have to buy anti garrison flamers like others and thats fine. Really dont see the op point, everyone but whermacht pays.
5 Apr 2017, 06:11 AM

Permanently Banned
Well that doesn't exist for wher tgey get everything as they tech. But they have to buy anti garrison flamers like others and thats fine. Really dont see the op point, everyone but whermacht pays.

Cheapest and FASTEST way to get flame nades right now: Build truck (TIME + resources) + Building Medic HQ (TIME + resources).

I would rather make this less time consuming with direct side upgrade and skipping obnoxious truck driving.

40 feul and lots of TIME for Flame nades, meanwhile MGs are rushed to key points...

Make medics free and implement side upgrade for flame nades, 20-25 feul for nades. :D

Since medics got side uprade nerf without a buff, it should have been free anyways. xD
5 Apr 2017, 08:08 AM

Um, Pretty much all of them? OST only needs 25 Muni and a Grenadier, OKW only needs to have a Truck Called onto a field and Munitions (15 Fuel), USF only needs Vet 1 (harder, but if you force engagements you get it soon enough). If anything Soviets have it the worst because theirs A) Costs the Most Fuel B) Isn't part of your normal tech Progression.

On topic - sometimes its better to just ignore a HMG garrison at the start of the game and focus on capping other parts of the map/ going for their cut-off until you get your first truck set up and a proper counter.

1.truck need 45fuel...dont blame me..but how do u get 45fuel in under 2min?
5 Apr 2017, 11:30 AM

To get the faust you only need the truck on the map since the last patch, not set up, so only 15 fuel.
5 Apr 2017, 15:06 PM

Permanently Banned
To get the faust you only need the truck on the map since the last patch, not set up, so only 15 fuel.

Yes, but we are talking about flame nades. I would like to see similar timing adjustment like faust had.

Faust, only truck needs to be called in.

But flame nade requir:, building a whole tech. That means: building a truck, waiting for resource to come, then build tier. Very time consuming.

Since OKW has no counter to early garrison, mainly talking about MGs.

USF got mortar, I only ask for obtaining faster flame nades.

CoughOKW has no smoke too. xD
5 Apr 2017, 16:11 PM

I think its okay as is. going for 3 volks and then tech is very viable. Going for 4 volks right away gives you a lot of field pressure.

Going for the Mechanized tech slows you down but then you get a tank out of it.

Unless the fuel costs across the board of OKW are changed (many tanks are still too expensive) then i wouldn't want to add an extra fuel cost.

+1
5 Apr 2017, 16:40 PM

The MG34 is so terrible it should be available at tier 0
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment