Login

russian armor

Questions about modding commander abilities

4 Apr 2017, 09:53 AM

Questions about modding commander abilities :help:

Hi
I am having some issues with modding commander abilities.

1-I tried to add "railway_artillery" and"zeroing_artillery" into the German commander "joint_operation",and remove the ability "assaul field officer" from it.I cloned commander\joint_operation,and edit "commander abilities" ,I tried many times but nothing happened!

2_For infantry mod,I want to remove "observation_valentine" and "sexton_dispatch" abilities from the "britsh_artillery_commander".But I can't find any ability list from which I can remove it .Where is the army's ability list?

3_I managed to make "halftrack_sdkfz_251_mp " have the upgrads: "retreat_point_unlock_upgrade" and "medic_healing_mp",but when medic healing upgraded,not one medic spawns , where is the problem ?
[/size]
4 Apr 2017, 10:02 AM

i don't think that commander can be modded.

to make custom commander, people use to add a custom button in one of the building and when you click that, it adds to the player the wanted commander abilities.

4 Apr 2017, 10:30 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

1 and 2. The commander abilities can be found in the category 'army' and then in the commander_ability list. You can add and remove the abilities when you clone the army.

3. The 'ebps' of the halftrack needs a 'repair_station_ext' which includes the medics. I recommend to look into existing buildings with medics, like the Forward Assembly or the Soviet HQ.
4 Apr 2017, 12:04 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Please use the search function before asking questions - some of them have been asked before.

1. Commander abilities can be modded, but not using the "commander" and "commander_ability" categories in the AE - these are locked. Modifiying commander abilities is explained here: https://www.coh2.org/topic/57379/modding-commander-abilities

2. British commanders are implemented differently. To replace an ability, clone it while keeping the name and change what it does.

3. Medics don't work well with mobile units. I recommend adding a healing aura like on the USF ambulance instead.
9 Apr 2017, 10:43 AM

i don't think that commander can be modded.

to make custom commander, people use to add a custom button in one of the building and when you click that, it adds to the player the wanted commander abilities.

It seems german hq base building only make it take effect for "german "abilities,but not for west german(OKW) abilities.Is there a way to add OKW commander ability "rocket_barrage" and "zeroing_artillery" to this german(Wehrmacht) base building?
9 Apr 2017, 10:47 AM

Please use the search function before asking questions - some of them have been asked before.

1. Commander abilities can be modded, but not using the "commander" and "commander_ability" categories in the AE - these are locked. Modifiying commander abilities is explained here: https://www.coh2.org/topic/57379/modding-commander-abilities

2. British commanders are implemented differently. To replace an ability, clone it while keeping the name and change what it does.

3. Medics don't work well with mobile units. I recommend adding a healing aura like on the USF ambulance instead.

to add railway_gun_artillery to this commander "joint_operation",I tried this:

1-army\german,clone"german"

2-attrib\abilities\german\...\railway_gun_artillery(clone),it already has two "required_player_upgrade" items.

3-upgrade\german\commander\ability\railway_artillery_support (can not find "railway_gun_artillery" )

add "required_player_upgrade" to requirements, set "reason" to "usage_and_display"

but still it does't work.

sorry,I dont't know how to insert local images
9 Apr 2017, 10:53 AM

1 and 2. The commander abilities can be found in the category 'army' and then in the commander_ability list. You can add and remove the abilities when you clone the army.

3. The 'ebps' of the halftrack needs a 'repair_station_ext' which includes the medics. I recommend to look into existing buildings with medics, like the Forward Assembly or the Soviet HQ.

1-Thank you for your help

2-I had add 'repair_station_ext' (copy from OKW base truck),but it still doesn't work
9 Apr 2017, 19:52 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I had add 'repair_station_ext' (copy from OKW base truck),but it still doesn't work

Did you activate the extension? You need to call the action "activate_extension" in your upgrade.
9 Apr 2017, 21:04 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

3-upgrade\german\commander\ability\railway_artillery_support (can not find "railway_gun_artillery" )

add "required_player_upgrade" to requirements, set "reason" to "usage_and_display"

but still it does't work.

You need to modify the ability's requirements. Do not touch the upgrade.
The ability is called "abilities\german\modal_ability\commander_ability\railway_gun_artillery".
Its requirements look like this:

required_resource: 12CP
required_player_upgrade: "attributes\upgrade\blizzard_active", is_present: False
required_player_upgrade: "attributes\upgrade\german\commander\ability\railway_artillery_support"

All of these requirements need to be fulfilled for the ability to be available. You need to modify them to look like this:

required_resource: 12CP
required_player_upgrade: "attributes\upgrade\blizzard_active", is_present: False
required_any_in_list
-required_player_upgrade: "attributes\upgrade\german\commander\ability\railway_artillery_support"
-required_all_in_list
--required_player_upgrade: "attributes\upgrade\german\commander\passive\pak_43_emplacement"
--required_player_upgrade: "attributes\upgrade\german\commander\ability\assault_field_officer"
10 Apr 2017, 13:04 PM

Did you activate the extension? You need to call the action "activate_extension" in your upgrade.

ebps\extensions\action_apply_ex\actions\

add "activate_extension_action",is that right?

but again, not one medic spawns
10 Apr 2017, 13:08 PM

1-about adding railway_gun_artillery to commander "joint_operation", I think I got it,with your help.

2-Is there a way to add OKW commander ability "zeroing_artillery" to this german(Wehrmacht) commander "joint_operation"? I have tried so many times.

3-since british commander ability list not in army category,I can't remove "sexton_dispatch" abilities from the "britsh_artillery_commander".so,I set the ui position to -1,(do not display),

but can this stop AI player using this commander ability? :D I'm not sure.

4-about commander abilities ui position, it's hard to figure out.these ui position values: 30 40 70
80 120 130... what do they mean?
10 Apr 2017, 13:20 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

2. It works in the same way as for Railway Artillery, just with the zeroing artillery upgrade instead of the railway artillery support upgrade. And you also need to add it to the army's ability list, of course!

3. You can remove all actions from the ability, so it doesn't do anything.

4. The abilities are ordered by these values, with the lowest one apperaring on the left.
14 Apr 2017, 12:49 PM

2. It works in the same way as for Railway Artillery, just with the zeroing artillery upgrade instead of the railway artillery support upgrade. And you also need to add it to the army's ability list, of course!

3. You can remove all actions from the ability, so it doesn't do anything.

4. The abilities are ordered by these values, with the lowest one apperaring on the left.

OK.These are very helpful,and the ambulance_heal ability is also very useful for halftrack 251

Thank you!:clap:
22 Nov 2019, 16:21 PM

This is a reply more for me than anyone else but I hope someone else might find it useful.

1. Go to the commander tab (under inventory).
2. Find a commander ability in an army list you want to replace; in my case this was ambush_camouflage.
3. Find a commander ability in the list you want to replace the power with (light_artillery_support).
4. Find this power in the abilities tab under the commander ability folder and clone it (light_support_artillery).
5. Delete upgrade reference to commander ability in requirements.
6. Add new requirements making sure to change usage to usage and display.
7. Change to a new requirement on the upgrade tab of the editor (you can get there by goto reference)

Example:

Encirclement, Storm Tactics and Jaeger infantry doctrine all have ambush camouflage (which is being added as a default upgrade so must be replaced)
Encirclement and Storm Tactics will receive light artillery barrage but the third commander already has this ability and will receive railway artillery instead.

The replaced list item #6 for JID becomes:
required in any list
1. required player upgrade : attributes\upgrade\german\commander\ability\railway_artillery_support
2. required player upgrade :attributes\upgrade\german\commander\passive\jaeger_command_squad_mp

The replacement for the other doctrines
required any in list
1. required all in list :
required player upgrade: stuka bombing run upgrade
required player upgrade: howitzer 105 emplacement
2. required all in list :
required player upgrade:crush the pocket
3. required player upgrade: light_artillery_support
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 43
Germany 759