Login

russian armor

GCS Balance Preview

PAGES (20)down
23 Apr 2017, 09:50 AM

If you are able to survive.

Put Penals in M3, run straight to 251/17 and stachel it.

Not to mention that well used M3 will give you so big advantage that you will have T70 when Luchs or 251/17 will hit the field. Like Burmie yesterday. KV8 vs 251/17 :foreveralone:

Yes you are right, but if volks get ealry faust, nothing can stop current OKW in soviet arsenal.

M3 get fausted and then luchs will finish the game.

Cons are no way to go and maxims are too risky
23 Apr 2017, 09:54 AM

But you don't need to dive M3 so deep.
Knowing that there might be a faust you just kite them. Right know there is no risk at all when using M3.

But what's more important, you cannot balance the game on wrong assumptions. If early pzfaust will leave Soviets helpless, you fix Soviets without breaking pzfasut.

Right now well-executed M3 tears apart OKW without any chances to come back.
23 Apr 2017, 10:28 AM

But you don't need to dive M3 so deep.
Knowing that there might be a faust you just kite them. Right know there is no risk at all when using M3.

But what's more important, you cannot balance the game on wrong assumptions. If early pzfaust will leave Soviets helpless, you fix Soviets without breaking pzfasut.

Right now well-executed M3 tears apart OKW without any chances to come back.

As far as I know Smith reverted faust changes because no faction had chance against OKW otherwise. Once RELIC gives him scope to finally buff soviets and possibly do something with USF niche commanders and rebalance OKW lategame and volks he promised he will give OKW truck-faust
23 Apr 2017, 10:40 AM

As far as I know Smith reverted faust changes because no faction had chance against OKW otherwise. Once RELIC gives him scope to finally buff soviets and possibly do something with USF niche commanders and rebalance OKW lategame and volks he promised he will give OKW truck-faust

And now OKW has no chance vs well-played M3. T1 followed by dshk is a dead end for OKW.
Not to mention that Mech Truck was killed again by that change.

Plus I don't buy this "no chance". All you need to do is to kite, keeping your M3 or M20 at distance without diving and standing next to Volks squad.
A_E
23 Apr 2017, 10:45 AM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

And now OKW has no chance vs well-played M3. T1 followed by dshk is a dead end for OKW.

Plus I don't buy this "no chance". All you need to do is to kite, keeping your M3 or M20 at distance without diving and standing next to Volks squad.

I think OKW having the faust reverted was perfect for this reason. It highlights the terrible design flaws of OKW (that still exist to this day), and will hopefully mean the balance mod guys can be allowed to be drastic with OKW.
A_E
23 Apr 2017, 10:48 AM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

So the third game between Von and Burmie clearly showed how awesome and well-thought was the decision to revert pzfaust changes :foreveralone:

It was like 6-7mins without any counter to M3 <444>3 Good times coming for SU T1

Didn't build a raketten very early did they?

There is no problems with OKW being slightly weaker vs. soviet in very early game, these changes will mean we see less fast luchs cheese and more from all tiers of play for OKW.

They just have to be more careful.

Wait until you've seen more than one game........
23 Apr 2017, 10:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2017, 10:45 AMA_E

I think OKW having the faust reverted was perfect for this reason. It highlights the terrible design flaws of OKW (that still exist to this day), and will hopefully mean the balance mod guys can be drastic with OKW like giving them a pak40 or something.

But it's not perfect for OKW leaving them with dead Mech truck and microing their asses to counter Clown Car which means huge disproportions in micro.

Not to mention that pzfaust affects only M3 for Soviets, so it doesn't affect any other strat than M3.

Becasue of this we are facing tunel vision.

Knowing that there is early pzfaust you must consider if you want to micro M3 or maybe go for Penals of Cons spam or Maxim.

Knowing that there isn't anything to stop your M3, you will always go for T1 and Clown Car.

This way you just kill plenty of strats for the one most powerful. On the other hand with early pzfaust you have few similar strats without any being too powerful.
A_E
23 Apr 2017, 10:52 AM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

But it's not perfect for OKW leaving them with dead Mech truck and microing their asses to counter Clown Car which means huge disproportions in micro.

Not to mention that pzfaust affects only M3 for Soviets, so it doesn't affect any other strat than M3.

Becasue of this we are facing tunel vision.

Knowing that there is early pzfaust you must consider if you want to micro M3 or maybe go for Penals of Cons spam or Maxim.

Knowing that there isn't anything to stop your M3, you will always go for T1 and Clown Car.

This way you just kill plenty of strats for the one most powerful. On the other hand with early pzfaust you have few similar strats without any being too powerful.

Before this reversion we had kubel spam, no M3 play, and fast luchs.

I'd rather have a lot of M3 play and early raketten into battlegruppe, slow OKW that build into the late game. Thank OKW cheese for this, with a super early faust they can cheeseroll the opponent.
23 Apr 2017, 10:53 AM

I know it wasn´t the best change, and this all is happening thanks to the scope :/
23 Apr 2017, 10:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2017, 10:52 AMA_E

Before this reversion we had kubel spam, no M3 play, and fast luchs.

I'd rather have a lot of M3 play and early raketten into battlegruppe, slow OKW that build into the late game. Thank OKW cheese for this, with an early faust they can cheeseroll the opponent.

But that's what we gonna see now.

Since Volks cannot handle M3, we gonna see Kubel spam into Fusiliers spam.

Plus, again, how early pzfasut cheeseroll over Penals/Cons/Maxims? It doesn't affect them at all, but without it, M3 suddnely becomes top strat leaving all others far behind.

And we had no M3 play becasue people don't want to micro it but they used to dive deep and push back everything to the base.
A_E
23 Apr 2017, 11:04 AM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

But that's what we gonna see now.

Since Volks cannot handle M3, we gonna see Kubel spam into Fusiliers spam.

Plus, again, how early pzfasut cheeseroll over Penals/Cons/Maxims? It doesn't affect them at all, but without it, M3 suddnely becomes top strat leaving all others far behind.

And we had no M3 play becasue people don't want to micro it but they used to dive deep and push back everything to the base.

You will not see kubel spam with an M3 on the field.

M3 is a valued strat that has always been part of CoH2 play, it was a shame to see it fall by the wayside in 2015. Kubel spam is not, OKW being able to get a luchs in 7 minutes is not.

The faust is exactly where it needs to be now. OKW players just have to realise their army of elite ubermensch is not going to be able to roflstomp within 10 minutes, it has to build into the mid game and then start to dominate.

I sinscerely hope OKW gets actual good buffs when the next iteration comes out, buffs like ISG vs garrison buffs, pak40 given to battlegruppe, mechanised made cheaper etc.

Giving them faust when the truck rolls on the field which means they are invincible to early light vehicles just let's them cheese too much. They have five man squads, stg worker units, and T0 AT. They shouldn't really need fausts within two minutes.
23 Apr 2017, 11:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2017, 11:04 AMA_E

You will not see kubel spam with an M3 on the field.

M3 is a valued strat that has always been part of CoH2 play, it was a shame to see it fall by the wayside in 2015. Kubel spam is not, OKW being able to get a luchs in 7 minutes is not.

The faust is exactly where it needs to be now. OKW players just have to realise their army of elite ubermensch is not going to be able to roflstomp within 10 minutes, it has to build into the mid game and then start to dominate.

I sinscerely hope OKW gets actual good buffs when the next iteration comes out, buffs like ISG vs garrison buffs, pak40 given to battlegruppe, mechanised made cheaper etc.

Giving them faust when the truck rolls on the field which means they are invincible to early light vehicles just let's them cheese too much. They have five man squads, stg worker units, and T0 AT. They shouldn't really need fausts within two minutes.

Becasue...?
3 Kubel with SP will shred everything on open maps. Even 2 Kubels with SP is enough to counter M3.

If pzfasut is where it needs to be, how do you counter M3 + flamers? Don't say about rakketen, becasue it's a huge micro disproportion between using rakt vs M3 and using M3 vs rak.

How do you punish M3 for diving to deep? How do you punish M3 for lack of micro? No tools for this.

And they are not invincible with early pzfaust to LV. You just need to micro your LVs to keep the distance.
A_E
23 Apr 2017, 11:12 AM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

Becasue...?
3 Kubel with SP will shred everything on open maps. Even 2 Kubels with SP is enough to counter M3.

If pzfasut is where it needs to be, how do you counter M3 + flamers? Don't say about rakketen, becasue it's a huge micro disproportion between using rakt vs M3 and using M3 vs rak.

How do you punish M3 for diving to deep? How do you punish M3 for lack of micro? No tools for this.

And they are not invincible with early pzfaust to LV. You just need to micro your LVs to keep the distance.

Raketten can cloak so if you play defensively and just focus on one fuel and two VPs closest you can keep M3 at bay and move raketten into position, sturmpioneers can also lay an early shuh mine (nothing else to spend muni on in first four minutes), also stg and kar98 together can take out m3 if it gets backed into a corner.

OKW are a defensive faction in the early game, players need to play like that is the case, and then start to build up to their powerful mid/late game tech. That's how they're meant to work.
23 Apr 2017, 11:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2017, 11:12 AMA_E

Raketten can cloak so if you play defensively and just focus on one fuel and two VPs closest you can keep M3 at bay and move raketten into position, sturmpioneers can also lay an early shuh mine (nothing else to spend muni on in first four minutes), also stg and kar98 together can take out m3 if it gets backed into a corner.

OKW are a defensive faction in the early game, players need to play like that is the case, and then start to build up to their powerful mid/late game tech. That's how they're meant to work.

So as OKW I need to give up 70% of the map and crawl around my 30% so M3 won't rekt me?

OKW is far from defensive faction. Powerful SP, 5 men Volks, quick Kubel, Luchs, mobile raketten - nothing suits for the role of defensive faction. If you consider OKW as a defensive then what about OST? Ultra defensive faction?

You just adapt OKW role as a defensive to justify no counters for M3.

Not to mention that M3 can run wherever it wants without any punishment while one bad move with raketten leads to base-pin.

23 Apr 2017, 12:01 PM

So as OKW I need to give up 70% of the map and crawl around my 30% so M3 won't rekt me?

OKW is far from defensive faction. Powerful SP, 5 men Volks, quick Kubel, Luchs, mobile raketten - nothing suits for the role of defensive faction. If you consider OKW as a defensive then what about OST? Ultra defensive faction?

If you want OKW to be strong ealry game faction, they cannot get all the lategame things like kt, command panther, vet5 volks and obers for free. It makes no sence to have best early game and best lategame faction in 1. And unless nerfing OKW enters scope, I will much rather have UP OKW that crawls into midgame so players in OCF have to use either well designed OST or work with early game handicap rather than seeing nothing else than OKW roflstopmping everything in 80% of all matches

EDIT: If we compare current OKW to OCF OKW you can clearly see there are many improvements, volks can stand theri ground, hmg is indoctrinal, flaptrack is in medic tier instaed of mechanized and luch is in mechanized. This alone gives OKW far more options and chances to survive than they had before.

PS: If VIvan didn´t lost his flaptrack like idiot (sorry but if you let the enemy to nade it with 3 cons at once, you did something horribly wrong), he could have won his match
23 Apr 2017, 12:36 PM

Imo it is the m3 that needs to be toned down and become cheaper.

Unit should not be able to fire from it until a tech level is reached or become an upgrade.

Flamers in m3 are a bad desing.
23 Apr 2017, 13:13 PM

If you want OKW to be strong ealry game faction, they cannot get all the lategame things like kt, command panther, vet5 volks and obers for free. It makes no sence to have best early game and best lategame faction in 1. And unless nerfing OKW enters scope, I will much rather have UP OKW that crawls into midgame so players in OCF have to use either well designed OST or work with early game handicap rather than seeing nothing else than OKW roflstopmping everything in 80% of all matches

EDIT: If we compare current OKW to OCF OKW you can clearly see there are many improvements, volks can stand theri ground, hmg is indoctrinal, flaptrack is in medic tier instaed of mechanized and luch is in mechanized. This alone gives OKW far more options and chances to survive than they had before.

PS: If VIvan didn´t lost his flaptrack like idiot (sorry but if you let the enemy to nade it with 3 cons at once, you did something horribly wrong), he could have won his match

I don't want OKW to be strong early. I want all factions to be equally good at all stages ;)

But again, how one pzfasut change can make OKW UP or OP roflstomping everything? Early pzfasut doesn't have any influence on rolfstomping cons/penals/maxim spam, nor rifles spam into stuart. It has just impact on M3 and M20 which is hardly a change that makes OKW UP/OP.

23 Apr 2017, 13:14 PM

We get it now man, you made your point :snfPeter:
23 Apr 2017, 13:16 PM

We get it now man, you made your point :snfPeter:

It's sunday and I have whole free day.

Let me do it all day long :romeoPls:
PAGES (20)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 61
Germany 20
unknown 20