Login

russian armor

GCS Balance Preview

PAGES (20)down
23 Apr 2017, 14:18 PM

a_e also says coh 2 > coh1 now lol....imo ditch a_e and get tightrope instead dude is really unbiased
23 Apr 2017, 16:17 PM

My brother and I also agree that CoH2 is better than CoH1. Dane's been doing a few bonus CoH1 casts lately. Even though I played it for years, I can hardly believe it.
23 Apr 2017, 16:52 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

snip

If you were talking about that game, i'm only seeing Von overextending.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imXHX5cl3z8

2:10 M3 Arrives (he puts CE inside)
2:50 Von starts building truck
2:55 M3 fights against 2 Volks
3:10 Truck is on the field
3:20 M3 retreats at half health. Neither Volks lost a single model
3:45 Burmie just has enough muni to get flamer. Same time, Von has enough resources to deploy truck.
4:05 flamer pop ups

Now since, i don't know exactly the build times, did he have like a 30s window time without faust?

-Couldn't he had put 2 mines since the beginning of the game? No con spam (no presence) nor maxim nor penals. Clowncar without flamer lacks punchs, there's nothing to defuse them. TBH this is the less reliable but it's an option.
-Couldn't he not be "aggressive" when he knows there's a flamer just around the corner (he had 70muni, more or less you know the timing). Attacking the annoying house outside the base with Volks on the open and SP at range. You know you won't take it down. He also forgot the Volks north of that position sitting idle behind the sandbag.
-The other squad he lost, he was chasing a Con squad into the house again (the idle Volk), when probably already had faust but was so deep that it wouldn't matter if he tried to faust it.

TL;DR: don't be deep down on enemy territory at the 4min mark for around 30s till you would have fausts.

23 Apr 2017, 17:27 PM
23 Apr 2017, 18:26 PM

Stuka dive nerf when ?

Answers you will get:

1) Not in scope
2) But it costs a huge 160 munitions....
3) Someone will say L2P, and point out that that the sound begins about seven seconds before it hits. Which is true if you happen to be doing nothing other than babysitting your ambulance. Otherwise, you'll likely only hear the sound about 3 seconds before it hits, which is almost but not enough time to move the ambulance.

23 Apr 2017, 18:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2017, 10:52 AMA_E
Before this reversion we had kubel spam, no M3 play, and fast luchs.

Uh, but kubel spam was actually kind of effective against maxim spam, which by definition precludes m3 play. (Effective as long as the maxims weren't garrisoned/the sturmpios rushed the key building.) I think you're confusing "no m3" with "always maxim" which you can't fully fault OKW for. Maxims just got completely changed so Soviet players aren't trying to learn new unit functions for a tournament.

I'm nervous about pushes to balance units around other faction's design flaws...

I'd rather have a lot of M3 play and early raketten into battlegruppe, slow OKW that build into the late game. Thank OKW cheese for this, with a super early faust they can cheeseroll the opponent.

I would rather volks have t0 faust and lock the raketen behind a truck call-in or setup any day. Volks using fausts are spending munitions that aren't being spent on mines or StGs.

I'm also not really sure how 'super early fausts' allow OKW to cheese roll. The only cheese roll people are suddenly fearing are with massed volks all getting StGs. And that's an issue with the StG upgrade, not Soviet T1, kubel spam, or fast luchs.

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2017, 10:45 AMA_E

I think OKW having the faust reverted was perfect for this reason. It highlights the terrible design flaws of OKW (that still exist to this day), and will hopefully mean the balance mod guys can be allowed to be drastic with OKW.

Which design flaws?

That they have three tiers to somehow pace an entire games worth of units in? They have two options to choose from initially. At best I think OKW teching could be made to replicate the sort of dynamic Wehrmacht had in vCoH with choosing between T2 or skipping it for T3. But that would require more drastic measures than balancing individual units.

Wait until you've seen more than one game........

Before people arbitrarily react to changes or before more changes are arbitrarily made?:S
23 Apr 2017, 21:16 PM

By the way - nice sense of humor - telling people that it's only L2P while having only ONE 1v1 game as OKW :luvDerp::luvDerp:

I've played hundreds of matches as OKW. You honestly gonna tell me I don't understand Raks and Fausts because I haven't played as much 1v1?

Ridiculous. And your argument is leaking worse than a kubel's radiator shot up by an M3.
23 Apr 2017, 21:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2017, 18:26 PMGrumpy

Answers you will get:

3) Someone will say L2P, and point out that that the sound begins about seven seconds before it hits. Which is true if you happen to be doing nothing other than babysitting your ambulance. Otherwise, you'll likely only hear the sound about 3 seconds before it hits, which is almost but not enough time to move the ambulance.

L2P ;)
23 Apr 2017, 23:11 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Guys it sucks the OKW lost their early faust, but it is an issue with scope. Mr. Smith and the balance team didn't exactly have much of a choice in the matter, but I do agree with their decision. I'd rather see OKW having to get an early raketen to counter a fast M3 than watching OKW slaughter soviets in every match at every stage of the game. I personally have given ideas to Mr. Smith that he claimed were suitable alternates to the faust reversion, but because the GCS patch is nearing live they weren't able to make another variant of the GCS patch before the release date. If we're lucky again maybe we can get another preview mod in quick succession :) It's optimistic, but here's hoping.
23 Apr 2017, 23:37 PM

Guys it sucks the OKW lost their early faust

I play lots and lots of OKW, fav faction since release (through the ups and downs) and the only real reason I wanted earlier faust was because of flame clown car.

Good micro on an early flame clown car just wrecked OKW hard. But they seem to be a bit rarer these days (probably since penal don't get flame throwers any more) so probably no super early fault wont be such a big deal. Or maybe they are rarer because of early faust? My brain hurts....

The Bren (or what ever it's called) is pretty damaging early too but it doesn't really have the mobility to run circles around a Reketon like a flame clown car does.
24 Apr 2017, 04:40 AM

I've played hundreds of matches as OKW. You honestly gonna tell me I don't understand Raks and Fausts because I haven't played as much 1v1?

Ridiculous. And your argument is leaking worse than a kubel's radiator shot up by an M3.

Excatly, because the threat from M3 is completly different in 1v1 than in any other game mode.
24 Apr 2017, 08:45 AM

Excatly, because the threat from M3 is completly different in 1v1 than in any other game mode.

If someone can't deal with a flamer M3 and come out on top to take the victory... there's little hope for that player tbh. :)
24 Apr 2017, 11:22 AM

to solve problem with faust.

Increas cost of OKW Truck up to full cost of FHQ - it will delay faust. (setting up free)

Also would be potent to keep Truck out of trouble.

Decreas cost of t4 and Mec accordingly
24 Apr 2017, 11:24 AM

to solve problem with faust.

Increas cost of OKW Truck up to full cost of FHQ - it will delay faust. (setting up free)

Also would be potent to keep Truck out of trouble.

Decreas cost of t4 and Mec accordingly

Dangerous words, you will be stoned on this forum for sure.
24 Apr 2017, 11:29 AM

Dangerous words, you will be stoned on this forum for sure.

its just an a way of delaying faust

why not?

need to test
25 Apr 2017, 15:31 PM
26 Apr 2017, 01:50 AM

Homing satchel charge, scary.

So who is placing bets on the next patch? 6 months?
26 Apr 2017, 06:50 AM

But you don't need to dive M3 so deep.
Knowing that there might be a faust you just kite them. Right know there is no risk at all when using M3.

But what's more important, you cannot balance the game on wrong assumptions. If early pzfaust will leave Soviets helpless, you fix Soviets without breaking pzfasut.

Right now well-executed M3 tears apart OKW without any chances to come back.

M3 killed by OKW player at minute 3:30. See clip here: (go to 5:20 to see it).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmsJC2DridM

Have a good day, AustralianMagic.
26 Apr 2017, 13:55 PM

I can give you a video of 222 killing Su76 or Puma killing ISU but it doesn't prove anything.
26 Apr 2017, 14:09 PM

ur argument is horrible....it was a a mine...if he would drive on it...he would wreck the OKW player very early...okw can´t do nothing....only hope that the sov drive on a mine...much lol
PAGES (20)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS