Login

russian armor

Could you please reinsert the UKF mortar pit bug?

30 Mar 2017, 03:40 AM

"Fixed an issue where the second mortar belonging to the mortar pit would deal reduced damage while barraging."

Don't call it a bug, call it a feature.

This is wiping Gren squads like crazy. I tried a 4v4 and it was a shytefest.
30 Mar 2017, 05:42 AM

Welp, time to spam mortar pits so they take my idea of replacing it.
30 Mar 2017, 06:33 AM

Welp, time to spam mortar pits so they take my idea of replacing it.

That's already going on. Allies other than Brits on life support. Brit players spamming emplacements and piat blobs.
30 Mar 2017, 07:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2017, 06:33 AMGrumpy

That's already going on. Allies other than Brits on life support. Brit players spamming emplacements and piat blobs.

That's the result of Relic's foolish "scope".
30 Mar 2017, 11:45 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2017, 03:40 AMGrumpy
"Fixed an issue where the second mortar belonging to the mortar pit would deal reduced damage while barraging."

Don't call it a bug, call it a feature.

This is wiping Gren squads like crazy. I tried a 4v4 and it was a shytefest.

Hahaha nope. You know why? Cause most people don't bother microing the mortar pit and leave it's on autofire.
Barrage means microing the unit, attacking specific targets/locations on a cooldown action. What you are witnessing is just the raw performance of the mortar pit.
30 Mar 2017, 13:23 PM

Hahaha nope. You know why? Cause most people don't bother microing the mortar pit and leave it's on autofire.
Barrage means microing the unit, attacking specific targets/locations on a cooldown action. What you are witnessing is just the raw performance of the mortar pit.

Then the new squad spacing isn't helping, at least against Brits. I played one game on Hill 400 as Ost last night. The other player on my side and I took the other team's natural fuel, VP and cut in probably less than 5 minutes. I thought the game was going to be over quickly. It was, just not how I expected. The first mortar pit wiped a full health Gren squad in one shot (two shells). By the time I killed the first mortar pit, there were two more mortars and a bofors.
30 Mar 2017, 15:21 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2017, 13:23 PMGrumpy

Then the new squad spacing isn't helping, at least against Brits. I played one game on Hill 400 as Ost last night. The other player on my side and I took the other team's natural fuel, VP and cut in probably less than 5 minutes. I thought the game was going to be over quickly. It was, just not how I expected. The first mortar pit wiped a full health Gren squad in one shot (two shells). By the time I killed the first mortar pit, there were two more mortars and a bofors.

There is a lesson you can get out of this:

First of all: replay. Cause you can describe all what you saw during the game, but there's probably plenty of things you are missing.

Second: you have to realise that capping the map doesn't mean you are winning the match. People often forgets that mp attrition war is more important than mindlessly charging forward.

Third: you opened a thread to complain after only playing 1 single game on which the bugfix didn't had any effect at all. Also, if 2 mortars of any kind are hitting a single squad, be it a mortar pit, 81mm, 82mm, 120mm or whatever, there is an RNG shot that it will wipe a squad, specially if you are sitting on yellow crater cover.

Disclaimer: mortar pits needs nerfs, but OP point is wrong.
30 Mar 2017, 15:33 PM

british emplacement spam is a non-issue in team games if you know how to deal with them and have a correct teammate.

at least with ost, it can become a bit harder to deal with it as okw but it's still managable.

On the other hand, i found double bren tomees to be very strong. just like the double lmg riflemen used to be.
(can get rid of mg42 if you blob 3 squad of them, even if mg42 is in yellow cover).
But that's annother balance talk, the ukf emplacement are more a weakness than an OP unit at high level.
30 Mar 2017, 18:28 PM

First of all: replay. Cause you can describe all what you saw during the game, but there's probably plenty of things you are missing.

Second: you have to realise that capping the map doesn't mean you are winning the match. People often forgets that mp attrition war is more important than mindlessly charging forward.

Third: you opened a thread to complain after only playing 1 single game on which the bugfix didn't had any effect at all. Also, if 2 mortars of any kind are hitting a single squad, be it a mortar pit, 81mm, 82mm, 120mm or whatever, there is an RNG shot that it will wipe a squad, specially if you are sitting on yellow crater cover.

Disclaimer: mortar pits needs nerfs, but OP point is wrong.

The original post was tongue-in-cheek venting. There was a lot of work that went into bug fixes in this patch. They wouldn't put one back into the game.

Attaching the replay would not be of much use. You would see me pick a commander with a Stuka loiter because​ I wanted to test it in a real game, rather than one of the commanders normally used for mortar pit spam. Also, my teammates on the other side couldn't get our natural fuel or munitions.

In the little bit of playing that I've done, Gren wipes seem to happen less often when out of cover but seem just as bad in green cover.
30 Mar 2017, 21:35 PM

Here 2 panzerfusilers squads (12 men) wiped in one mortar shot.
Don't ask me for replay, i deinstalled the game.
30 Mar 2017, 21:43 PM

british emplacement spam is a non-issue in team games if you know how to deal with them and have a correct teammate.

at least with ost, it can become a bit harder to deal with it as okw but it's still managable.
Ostheer has huge problems once the first Bofors arrives to support the mortar pit. This hard counters every flame-ht or flame-pio. The only saving grace is the mortar-ht or your chances of losing are high.

As for OKW, it´s easier countered. Yet it´s not a non issue. Being forced into dual Infanteriegeschütz every game is lame and reduces the quality of the game. The problem is not that it is hard to counter with OKW but how dull the game becomes.
30 Mar 2017, 21:49 PM

Anything is a non-issue when you know how to deal with it lol. Worthless comment.
30 Mar 2017, 21:52 PM

That's the result of Relic's foolish "scope".

It's not so much foolish scope, rather you cannot test every single combination in a game prior to releasing a patch.
They dont have the resources any more.

*snip*

To add to this, most people dont realise that both fuel points on this map are cut off by a significant choke point that is changing hands often, both the southern and northern ends of the map.

In addition, in a 4v4 setting this is a bullshit map because of how small it is.
30 Mar 2017, 22:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2017, 21:43 PMButcher
Ostheer has huge problems once the first Bofors arrives to support the mortar pit. This hard counters every flame-ht or flame-pio. The only saving grace is the mortar-ht or your chances of losing are high.

As for OKW, it´s easier countered. Yet it´s not a non issue. Being forced into dual Infanteriegeschütz every game is lame and reduces the quality of the game. The problem is not that it is hard to counter with OKW but how dull the game becomes.

using flame against a non bracing bofor is retarded, even with smoke.
you got to destroy the mortar pit first with one osther mortar(or two if the british is spamming emplacement very hard) supported by a reinforcement halftrack.
then, when the mortar pit is destroyed you just got to use the mortar on bofor.

it does cost a bit of mp because you might need to reinforce your mortar squad a few times until the mortar pit is destroyed but it's worth it.
30 Mar 2017, 22:48 PM

it does cost a bit of mp because you might need to reinforce your mortar squad a few times until the mortar pit is destroyed but it's worth it.

Except until you take into account that precisely 0 mp damage has been dealt to the brits until that mortar pit is 100% destroyed.

Emplacements pretty much result in crushing victories or crushing defeats, and not much middle ground for either players to maneuver.
30 Mar 2017, 22:50 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2017, 21:43 PMButcher

With a mortar halftrack your chances of beating the emplacement spam are like 99% though. Its just the correct counter.

The pit is a real problem only in 1v1, where it can be build very close to the HQ and still have effective range. A pit in such placement may be uncounterable.
30 Mar 2017, 23:58 PM

With a mortar halftrack your chances of beating the emplacement spam are like 99% though. Its just the correct counter.

The pit is a real problem only in 1v1, where it can be build very close to the HQ and still have effective range. A pit in such placement may be uncounterable.

A doctrinal unit to counter a basic unit.
31 Mar 2017, 02:46 AM

You just summed up entire Soviet faction. Interesting how no one cares when Allies are dependent on doctrinal units, but when Germans may need one doctrinal unit to counter very rare mortar pits it is some great tragedy. :snfPeter:
31 Mar 2017, 10:06 AM
Donator 11

Not really. If the brit doesn't use any emplacement boosting commander ability then the emplacements can be quite easily countered by mortars or ISG. Not to mention the flame ht. What I said above applies to team games of course for the reasons explained in my last post.
31 Mar 2017, 12:23 PM

using flame against a non bracing bofor is retarded, even with smoke.
I think you understood me a bit wrong here. That´s exactly what I´m saying. Flame weapons are only good if there is no Bofors around. :)

For the mortar idea: that might work but you are bleeding mortar models until the mortar pit is finished.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 43
unknown 18
Mexico 17
Germany 798
New Zealand 10
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W