Login

russian armor

Does anyone else think the Comet is bullshit?

28 Mar 2017, 22:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Mar 2017, 09:20 AMAradan

Comets and Panther are very similar. Comets have unnecessarily effective gun versus infantry. Comet need the same gun as Panther. Chosing commader/MG upgrade and if you pick commader upg., replace smoke with HEAT rounds (with MG upgrade, keep smoke).

I am fine with a Comet gun nerf vs infantry, as long as the auto grenade launcher isn't disabled from Vet 3. That thing is awesome. On the flip side, I wouldn't mind that being moved to Churchill since it makes more balanced sense, and would give more motivation to get Church tree. I still go Church in 4v4s if my teammate guarantees comets, as I like flamethrower/MG terminator engies too much.
29 Mar 2017, 02:55 AM

ever heard of TF2 ? one of the most played game, makes a damn shit of money to valve without needing to break it.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I've played TF2 since launch, demoman was always OP as hell, and when valve nerfed it the community went wild. Valve reseted the nerf less than a week later...

as for comets, if you really think they are this strong and needs nerf, then so does many axis counterparts...
29 Mar 2017, 08:06 AM

Axis counterparts to Comet should also receive nerfs but there are no Axis counterparts.

Closest thing to it is Tiger and that doctrinal and limited to 1.
29 Mar 2017, 08:46 AM

That video is dumb because it's a type of matchup that never happens, both tanks parked, shooting at each other. The comet is usually on the move, trying to flank. To avoid getting outflanked, the Panther must move. The panther can't hit shit compared to the majority of tanks, while moving. Add in that the Comet can also destroy infantry with profoundly more ease than a Panther, and the Comet is clearly the better tank.

I've pretty much quit making Panthers in my matchups, for sheer tank killing power, the StuG is the go to weapon IMO, you can get 2 StuG's for the same popcap as 1 panther, and 2 stugs will kill enemy tanks much faster, than a single Panther ever could.

Actually for the cost of teching+1 Panther, you could build like 3 StuG's.

I dunno what I would build a Panther for, you sacrifice a significant amount of AT ability compared to two StuGs, for some additional mg's, oh and I suppose some health, armor, and a turret.

Panther really doesn't become beastly until it hits vet 2, and that's actually pretty difficult due to it being a lategame tank, and of high cost.

I think there were Mr smiths thread about stugs dps. Even 1 stug out dps useless panther. Their roles are different but Panther fails miserably at its.
30 Mar 2017, 18:45 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2017, 08:06 AMVipper
Axis counterparts to Comet should also receive nerfs but there are no Axis counterparts.

Closest thing to it is Tiger and that doctrinal and limited to 1.

The funny part is that the Tiger is suckier, despite requiring significantly more resources. And is doctrinal.

I should say limit Comet to 1, until Tiger receives a proper buff, because it hilariously underpowered tank or make Tiger unlimited like Comet. xD
1 Apr 2017, 04:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2017, 09:44 AMVipper

Simply calculate how many mediums allies can have before an Ostheer Panther appears.

That's assuming there's no building of lights or teching upgrades? Because that can set allies pretty far back. Also assuming allies lose no mediums (which isn't that uncommon/ridiculous I guess). Still, hard for shermans or t34/76s to swarm even one panther, especially during team games, where medium swarming can actually happen (1v1s average what, like 2-4 tanks a side at the most).
1 Apr 2017, 04:43 AM

The funny part is that the Tiger is suckier, despite requiring significantly more resources. And is doctrinal.

I should say limit Comet to 1, until Tiger receives a proper buff, because it hilariously underpowered tank or make Tiger unlimited like Comet. xD

Comet needs nerf, but the tiger is laughably bad. It was designed (in game balance, anyway) to fight t34s and kvs and the occasional is2 so it just doesn't balance well with any other non-TD tanks (because they're supposed to threaten heavies anyway) bigger than shermans. Yet another eastern front to DLC matchup inconsistency.
1 Apr 2017, 16:21 PM

That's assuming there's no building of lights or teching upgrades? Because that can set allies pretty far back. Also assuming allies lose no mediums (which isn't that uncommon/ridiculous I guess). Still, hard for shermans or t34/76s to swarm even one panther, especially during team games, where medium swarming can actually happen (1v1s average what, like 2-4 tanks a side at the most).

Then you are also assuming that Ostheer did nto built t3 vehicles to counter the allied light vehicles...
3 Apr 2017, 02:32 AM

The Comet definitely needs changes but a lot of the proposed changes miss the point (Panther comparisons), don't know the stats (Tiger comparisons), or are bandaids.

The issue with the Comet is that its power is almost entirely front-loaded and vet 1 is the only real power increase it gets. This is due to its extremely good scatter values allowing it to snipe infantry and its higher than necessary armour value making intended counters under-perform. In addition, its smoke shells allow it to counter AT guns from outside their range and its high maneuverability makes it extremely good at crushing infantry that get close.

I suggest the following changes:

- Distance_scatter_max increased from 4.2 to 6.2 (making it less accurate against infantry)
- Rotation rate reduced from 36 to 32 (reduces crushing ability)
- Smoke/W.P. Shell range reduced from 80 to 50
- Regains current scatter values at vet 2
- Gains a 20% reload time reduction at vet 3
- Armour reduced from 290 to 240

The veterancy changes mean that preserving your Comets is now actually rewarded while vet 0 Comets have AI abilities on par with the Cromwell to disincentivise Comet spam. The armour change will mean that Panthers have less trouble countering Comets and actually makes Hammer/Anvil a choice between heavy and medium tanks.

Other changes (in both directions) need to be made to make UKF a slightly better balanced faction but these would make Comets better balanced. :)
3 Apr 2017, 07:20 AM

The Comet feels like a

IS-2, as a LOT of shells will bounce from it
Tiger, as it has amazing AI and AT at the same time
Panther, because it is extremely fast for being a mobile bunker
Churchill, because it can easily drive up to a PaK and clear it with a nade
Sherman, because it can fire defensive smoke

And all for 500MP and 180 Fuel

3 Apr 2017, 12:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2017, 02:32 AMSvanh
The Comet definitely needs changes but a lot of the proposed changes miss the point (Panther comparisons), don't know the stats (Tiger comparisons), or are bandaids.

The issue with the Comet is that its power is almost entirely front-loaded and vet 1 is the only real power increase it gets. This is due to its extremely good scatter values allowing it to snipe infantry and its higher than necessary armour value making intended counters under-perform. In addition, its smoke shells allow it to counter AT guns from outside their range and its high maneuverability makes it extremely good at crushing infantry that get close.

I suggest the following changes:

- Distance_scatter_max increased from 4.2 to 6.2 (making it less accurate against infantry)
- Rotation rate reduced from 36 to 32 (reduces crushing ability)
- Smoke/W.P. Shell range reduced from 80 to 50
- Regains current scatter values at vet 2
- Gains a 20% reload time reduction at vet 3
- Armour reduced from 290 to 240

The veterancy changes mean that preserving your Comets is now actually rewarded while vet 0 Comets have AI abilities on par with the Cromwell to disincentivise Comet spam. The armour change will mean that Panthers have less trouble countering Comets and actually makes Hammer/Anvil a choice between heavy and medium tanks.

Other changes (in both directions) need to be made to make UKF a slightly better balanced faction but these would make Comets better balanced. :)

Did you see the new balance patch preview? The comet will be changed together with cromwell
3 Apr 2017, 13:58 PM

Comet will be nerfed, no worry volks :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak