Login

russian armor

Call of Duty WW2.

26 Apr 2017, 18:12 PM
Senior Editor Badge

26 Apr 2017, 18:54 PM

To be honest, it looks good. But am I the only one that hoped for a little more than just an American we won the war campaign?

It was a good try. But yes, the new Normandy and the Yankees - a huge disappointment, Activision will not get my money again

What else would they do? Last WW2 COD was Pacific/Eastern. Normandy hasn't been done in a long time in a AAA game, will be nice to revisit now with photorealistic graphics. Less iconic campaigns might be a piece of the singleplayer, (like North Africa COD2), but if one campaign is the focus of a WW2 game it will always be Eastern Front, Pacific, or Brits/Amis post D-Day. Italians in Greece? Japan in China? Never happening, get over it.

No Eastern Front - even in the DLC (press-show of the game process of the new Call of Duty: WWII, London), no information on other fronts.
26 Apr 2017, 19:19 PM

season pass - no more words needed :p
26 Apr 2017, 19:31 PM

It was a good try. But yes, the new Normandy and the Yankees - a huge disappointment, Activision will not get my money again

No Eastern Front - even in the DLC (press-show of the game process of the new Call of Duty: WWII, London), no information on other fronts.

Just like I said?
27 Apr 2017, 00:50 AM
Patrion 14

What else would they do? Last WW2 COD was Pacific/Eastern. Normandy hasn't been done in a long time in a AAA game, will be nice to revisit now with photorealistic graphics. Less iconic campaigns might be a piece of the singleplayer, (like North Africa COD2), but if one campaign is the focus of a WW2 game it will always be Eastern Front, Pacific, or Brits/Amis post D-Day. Italians in Greece? Japan in China? Never happening, get over it.

exactly this. it would be cool to get 3 front campaign like cod 1 or 2 but this is cool.

-----

as soon as i watched the trailer, i thought saving private ryan - but there's nothing inherently wrong with that.

if you are looking for some shoutout to lesser known part of the war from AAA game releases, i do not know what kind of koolaid you are drinking. even CoD World at War and CoH2 had fronts other than western almost solely to exploit the market with "the forgotten front" shit.

i just hope they have long quality campaign like cod2 with guns with recoils... please.
27 Apr 2017, 07:31 AM

Same here, pretty done with shooting evil baby burning nazis every ww2 game.
27 Apr 2017, 15:52 PM
Patrion 14

moved to other games.

on topic:

that tiger 2 scene and the stuka siren gave me goosebumps.
I'd love to see a campagin from the german side one day...
27 Apr 2017, 16:44 PM

A triple A Second Sino-Japanese war game absolutely will happen--just as soon as China's market is big enough to support it. I'm guessing 10-15 years.
27 Apr 2017, 16:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Apr 2017, 15:52 PMLümmel
moved to other games.

on topic:

that tiger 2 scene and the stuka siren gave me goosebumps.
I'd love to see a campagin from the german side one day...

You probably never will because A] the developers are American and 'part' of the victors, B] the financial backers will never take such a risk and C] the ww2 myth of Germany was purely evil and we had to save Europe thing has to stay alive.

27 Apr 2017, 17:42 PM

they showed no gameplay.... ^ and thats not a myth lol
27 Apr 2017, 17:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Apr 2017, 16:44 PMWygrif

A triple A Second Sino-Japanese war game absolutely will happen--just as soon as China's market is big enough to support it. I'm guessing 10-15 years.

Will China make a shitty WW2 game some day? Maybe. But most countries that churn out games with content catered to the local populace are not quality AAA games. And their market is already big enough to support it btw, almost 700 million Chinese living in cities now.
28 Apr 2017, 05:22 AM

Will China make a shitty WW2 game some day? Maybe. But most countries that churn out games with content catered to the local populace are not quality AAA games. And their market is already big enough to support it btw, almost 700 million Chinese living in cities now.

A lot of people living in cities =/= a large base of video game consumers. You need a lot of disposable income for that and China's average is still sitting at ~ $7k per capita per year IIRC. But they absolutely will be competitive on the world stage eventually and then we'll get all sorts of new stuff.
28 Apr 2017, 06:22 AM

Yup. Narratively it's easier and less complicated to do US vs Germany (or Allies). Without reopening what happened one CoH2, that's a setting with a much more nuanced moral story. Besides as Basilone said the last Western Front AAA console game was two generations ago (I think). The PC strategy market is different but I think the console players will enjoy the return.

I think overall it looks good. So far.
28 Apr 2017, 08:10 AM
Patrion 14

You probably never will because A] the developers are American and 'part' of the victors, B] the financial backers will never take such a risk and C] the ww2 myth of Germany was purely evil and we had to save Europe thing has to stay alive.

sadly, you're completely right
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 46
Germany 24
Israel 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %