Login

russian armor

been gone for 8+ months..3/28 patch worth coming back ?

23 Mar 2017, 19:05 PM

i quit playing coh2 about 8 months ago. i was just wondering if the march 28th patch is supposed to be good enough to come back to coh2.

are there still spinning tanks ?
is there still 1 sec lag from commands ?
are there still major OP/UP units ?

your thoughts please.

i really miss playing a fun RTS, and there have been zero released in the last year. I was putting all my hopes in DOW3, but after playing the beta i think i will pass on it.
23 Mar 2017, 19:09 PM
Donator 22

balance was never better.
But it is still COH.
And it is still fun.
check it out Jesus :-)
23 Mar 2017, 19:15 PM

I played only three games with the pre-patch. I think it depends on the game mode. 2vs2 up might still be dominated by British mid lategame dominance + 60 range tds. Once the Cromwell and Comet train is rolling there is no stopping them.

Axis have a bit more breathing space early-mid game though since the squad wipe machines (T-70, Stuart and AEC) got a bit nerfed.
23 Mar 2017, 19:29 PM

Was in a similar boat and just started playing again like a month ago.

Wher, and soviets are pretty great right now, lots of different ways to win with them
Brits are pretty good too, they have some blatently underpriced late game units, but it doesn't really hurt the game for me too much
USF is also in a good spot i think, not a great deal of commander variety and mabye the scot is kinda weak but other than that they are doing well lots of units seen used and made effective

OKW is weirder than ever and i have no idea if they are ever going to reconcile them like the soviet tweaks but i'm still having fun trying to figure it out. "They are the faction without a soul"

Community may be a little salty but honestly the game is still improving :thumbsup:
23 Mar 2017, 20:22 PM
Senior Editor Badge

i quit playing coh2 about 8 months ago. i was just wondering if the march 28th patch is supposed to be good enough to come back to coh2.

your thoughts please.

i really miss playing a fun RTS, and there have been zero released in the last year. I was putting all my hopes in DOW3, but after playing the beta i think i will pass on it.

Was in a similar boat and just started playing again like a month ago.

Wher, and soviets are pretty great right now, lots of different ways to win with them
Brits are pretty good too, they have some blatently underpriced late game units, but it doesn't really hurt the game for me too much
USF is also in a good spot i think, not a great deal of commander variety and mabye the scot is kinda weak but other than that they are doing well lots of units seen used and made effective

OKW is weirder than ever and i have no idea if they are ever going to reconcile them like the soviet tweaks but i'm still having fun trying to figure it out. "They are the faction without a soul"

Community may be a little salty but honestly the game is still improving :thumbsup:

Well, new patch hits on March 28th but changes have been tested by the community (community balance patch) for several months now. Check out AECoH on youtube to watch some of the King of the Hill games played using the CBP.

The game is definitely headed in a good direction but it's just taking time. Last big balance patch was in June 2016 so maybe in another 6-9 months we'll see a balance patch after this March patch but I see no reason why Relic would ditch the CBP idea and do balance things on their own/not do any more balance changes.

All in all, I'd say keep updated, you can play the CBP right now before the patch hits but the limited "scope" of the balance patch really only addressed infantry scaling and light vehicles, so early-mid game should be better to play, and there are a lot of bugs that have been eliminated (some aren't even on the patch notes as they are easy to abuse, so even mentioning them could lead to abuse in the last week or so that you can abuse them).

I hope this helps!
23 Mar 2017, 22:57 PM
Patrion 14

a lot of quality of life changes, bug fixes.

balance? you can judge for yourself since i think there is enough QoL and bug fixes alone to warrant a try.
24 Mar 2017, 00:58 AM

your thoughts please.

did same that you but unfortunately i stoped only 2 month ago, i can only suggest you to wait and come back in 5 days to see if it's worth it or not.

even if it's a community patch, it's still relic making it and they have shown to be very poor at doing it.

I can also suggest you to check out Steel divisions normandy 44 which is coh2 like but with a better developper and more tactical.
24 Mar 2017, 01:09 AM

your thoughts please.

I play the game regularly from a couple different locations and the lag varies mostly on where I'm located. If you had a bad connection before it won't have gotten any better.

I haven't seen spinning tanks in awhile. I still occasionally see tanks that phase through each other, but if at least one of them hits stop before they collide then they won't phase through each other.

Playing as OKW against Soviets in 1v1's isn't fun now. Penals run all over everything that you can build early.

Playing 4v4's as USF isn't a lot of fun either, unless you really like going 3 rifles, mortar into Captain every game, then throwing bazookas on them, getting double Calliope and just hoping that you're luckier with your Calliope then they are with the PanzerWerfer or Walking Stuka.

Win rates are pretty close across all factions except for Soviets OP in 1v1 and USF UP in 4v4's, and even then the rates are hugely different.
25 Mar 2017, 14:32 PM

Huge balance issues will exist until Relic stop being so daft.

It's like you telling a person that there is a shit right there, but the person ignores you because you don't fit his agenda so he walks through the shit, and is covered in shit, but he just doesn't care, and continues to walk with the shit.

That shit needs to chop the guy's foot off or something so the guy actually starts caring cause so far people pointing at the person and the huge shit on his foot hasn't really made him realize it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★