Login

russian armor

About 30 MU mine.

20 Mar 2017, 21:13 PM

Sorry for my bad english hope you guys understand

I'm talking about 30 ammunition mine (soviet/OKW/British/US)
which is can detonated by both infantry and vehicle. but mostly the infantry'll step on it before the vehicle
since it can only kill 2 model maximum (prevented from wiping a squad) and received a little suppression. I feel like it not worth for 30MU for just 1 or 2 model of infantry, for the vehicle are fine

suggestion 1 : Instant pinned if infantry stepped on it. so it's mean you must retreat
suggestion 2 : Make a separate version of it infantry/vehicle. with their old stats

any ideas?
21 Mar 2017, 00:08 AM

Ostheer is the only faction suffering from blatant munitions starvation.

No other faction in the game has any problem with munitions whatsoever, so I really don't think this is a concern.
21 Mar 2017, 01:09 AM
Donator 11

Mine spam is very powerful, especially as soviets, but other factions can do it easily as well. Also, why do you think 30 munitions is not worth 2-3 models? Its usually over 50 manpower, sometimes much more. Is gren rifle nade also not worth it in your eyes?
21 Mar 2017, 01:54 AM

30 MU mines are always worth it. You know, an Ostheer player would love to get access to that 30-MU mine, cause it's way less situational than the S-mine. That 2-model kill, plus the warning of an incoming enemy attack are always the best thing (It literally acts as an early warning, saves you from an unexpected flank)‎

No other faction in the game has any problem with munitions whatsoever, so I really don't think this is a concern.

Since the S-mine field consists of 4 squares, each costs 15 MU, why don't just make it so you can only plant 1 square for 15 MU, not the entire 60 MU field? Of course, you can still do that with careful planting and immediately stop when done with planting one, but that's just not how normal mining works.‎
21 Mar 2017, 11:37 AM

30 muni to kill 2 models from gren/pgren/spios squad are totally worth it. Not sure about volks squad.

My problem with generalist mines is that infantry clear them before vehicles, while I would like them to do engine damage, not to just bleed my opponent. In that way I like Teller mines more than 30 muni mines.

But no complaints here.
I like that part of assymmetric balance.
I think there are no reasons to change it.

I disagree.

USF and UKF have more mandatory munitions sinks (double equip on all infantry) in comparison to single 60muni LMG-42 for grens.
The only munition sink that is special to Wehrmacht is 60-muni medic bunker. Everything else is equal or less than other factions. Even soviets now have more munition requirements, if they go penal/guards meta: Penal flamers, Guards DP and optional mines and demos here and there.

It is quite hard to compare commander abilities' costs and necessity though.
21 Mar 2017, 16:23 PM

For 30 munitions you might kill models and you might damage a tank engine, but you definitely prevent your enemy from moving around the battlefield as they wish. This has huge ramifications, it means they cannot afford to push without sweepers. It means they have to carefully micro tanks around roads and obvious mine areas.

30 munitions is a fair price for these powerful tools.
21 Mar 2017, 17:01 PM

I take it you don't play US?
Amerikaners need munitions for upgrades and constant use of abilities like grenades, ap ammo and smoke.
21 Mar 2017, 17:24 PM

I dunno about that any more. AP rounds really aren't necessary in most cases and the USF mortar has pretty much removed most utility of grenades.

It used to be that grenades made it harder to also get full weapon rack loadouts. Not anymore. All hail t0 mortar.
21 Mar 2017, 18:04 PM

has okw mines doing heavy engine damage been fixed OpieOP ?
21 Mar 2017, 21:03 PM

I take it you don't play US?
Amerikaners need munitions for upgrades and constant use of abilities like grenades, ap ammo and smoke.

And Ostheer doesn't??

Riflemen demolish Grenadiers without upgrades, EVEN when Grenadiers have their LMGs.

Meanwhile, if you upgrade all your Grenadiers with LMGs, you have NO munitions for ANYTHING else, not even a single grenade or mine.

Meanwhile, USF infantry runs around grenading, upgrading to LMGs, and using smoke and still floats over 100 munitions at all times.

Watch literally any match in the entire game. Literally watch the latest 100 matches from the Propagandacast that feature Ostheer.

Ostheer is the only faction that's utterly, blatantly starved for munitions, especially in the early game, where using munitions is literally the only way to do anything against USF.
21 Mar 2017, 21:22 PM

Since the S-mine field consists of 4 squares, each costs 15 MU, why don't just make it so you can only plant 1 square for 15 MU, not the entire 60 MU field? Of course, you can still do that with careful planting and immediately stop when done with planting one, but that's just not how normal mining works.‎

While the S mine field is indeed 4 squares, mines are actually laid across the entire square. Have a look next time your opponent mindlessly moves his rifle blobs into the field
21 Mar 2017, 23:04 PM

And Ostheer doesn't??

Riflemen demolish Grenadiers without upgrades, EVEN when Grenadiers have their LMGs.

Meanwhile, if you upgrade all your Grenadiers with LMGs, you have NO munitions for ANYTHING else, not even a single grenade or mine.

Meanwhile, USF infantry runs around grenading, upgrading to LMGs, and using smoke and still floats over 100 munitions at all times.

Watch literally any match in the entire game. Literally watch the latest 100 matches from the Propagandacast that feature Ostheer.

Ostheer is the only faction that's utterly, blatantly starved for munitions, especially in the early game, where using munitions is literally the only way to do anything against USF.

BARs cost the same as the Grenadiers LMG, 1919s cost 10 munitions more (70), the second LMG or BAR isn't given for free, the issue you are experiencing might be more related to poor map control than how Munition hungry Wehr is, I wouldn't think it's fair for 240 MP 60 Muni squad to beat a 280 MP 60/120 Muni squad.
22 Mar 2017, 02:43 AM

BARs cost the same as the Grenadiers LMG, 1919s cost 10 munitions more (70), the second LMG or BAR isn't given for free, the issue you are experiencing might be more related to poor map control than how Munition hungry Wehr is, I wouldn't think it's fair for 240 MP 60 Muni squad to beat a 280 MP 60/120 Muni squad.

But you think it's fair for USF to outnumber Ostheer in terms of number of infantry on the field?

Nothing about the entire Ostheer vs USF matchup makes any sense.

Not the total squads on the field at any given time, not the model counts per squad, not the health or damage comparison of squads, not the munitions costs, not the resource income, nothing.

The Western Front factions are a separate game. They're not CoH2, based on how the Ostheer and Soviets perform.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★