Login

russian armor

Hector´s suggestions on how to fix Brace

24 Mar 2017, 21:32 PM

+1 on this change. Brace is great for making emplacement's viable but it also makes them hard to counter this would be a good change
24 Mar 2017, 21:37 PM

I am a fan of reducing the incoming repair speed and/or adding a munition cost to the ability.

24 Mar 2017, 23:20 PM

I think brace shouldn't reduce fire damage, or at least not as much as indirect fire.

There should be at least some reliable counter that axis players can utilize that doesn't render emplacements useless, but that can actually be pulled off without entirely constraining build order or commander choice.
25 Mar 2017, 03:30 AM

Just make brace also reduce incoming repairs while it's active. That will help fix Advanced forward assembly and Stand-Fast top-ups.

That way you only use brace to delay the emplacements getting wrecked (since they are immobile), but you still have to respond with a mobile force. Going sim city with the nerf on means that it will take about 3-4 times fewer ISGs/Mortars to inevitably wreck a sim city.

50% less repairs from all sources while bracing. More than enough nerf for an immobile structure.

Also, You must remember that when playing a team format, many players can attack the emplacement at the same time... killing it nearly instantly.
25 Mar 2017, 03:32 AM

My suggestion on how to finally balance brace and make it interesting for both sides is rather simple and it cosist of these 2 points.

1. Emplacements cannot use stand fast nor be repaired with forward assembly engineers while braced. They can still be repaired by normal engineers, because engineers are put under huge risk while repairing under fire.

2. Emplacements will take (33-50%) increase damage after brace ends. Let´s say for 15-20 seconds. With this change, UKF player will still be able to use brace to protect his emplacement from heavy artillery fire/tank pushes/whatever but will be punished greatly if he does not manage to establish strong foothold after brace period ends. Axis player will be able to play around brace, because he will get 15-20 second window of opportunity after brace, when he deals bigger damage to emplacements. This will open up options for great mind games. For example make fake push with tank, force emplacements to brace and kill it afterwards.

By these changes emplacements will be no longer no brainer, will need furthure support from other sources, and quick response for UKF player,if he wants to keep the alive. UKF won´t be able to keep them alive forever and ever with brace+stand fast combo. He will also be punished if he uses brace badly and does not manage to hold line withing brace period.

Axis player will get option to play around emplacements and kill them after brace period rather easily thanks to these changes.

I´m not aiming to remove brace altogether because it´s very interesting feature that helps emplacements to survive (something like retreat). I want to give brace handicap afterwards, so it becomes high-risk high-reward ability that may keep your emplacement alive or destroy it alltogether.

What do you think about this idea ? Disuss.

A lot of players throw flame grenades right as brace is finishing. This feature would ensure that the emplacement is destroyed. I haven't been having a hard time with emplacements in 2v2's. I sometimes have a hard time in 4v4's when there are 6-8 emplacements. Even then, it normally works out okay because they sacrifice a lot of pop cap for an immobile unit.

Before you go to all this trouble, here is my suggestion:

1)Replace the Bofors model with a model that looks a lot like a halftrack.
2)Allow the model that looks like a halftrack to move.
3)Since it can move, remove brace so that it can be repaired from the comfort and security of its own base.
25 Mar 2017, 03:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2017, 03:32 AMGrumpy

A lot of players throw flame grenades right as brace is finishing. This feature would ensure that the emplacement is destroyed. I haven't been having a hard time with emplacements in 2v2's. I sometimes have a hard time in 4v4's when there are 6-8 emplacements. Even then, it normally works out okay because they sacrifice a lot of pop cap for an immobile unit.

Before you go to all this trouble, here is my suggestion:

1)Replace the Bofors model with a model that looks a lot like a halftrack.
2)Allow the model that looks like a halftrack to move.
3)Since it can move, remove brace so that it can be repaired from the comfort and security of its own base.

ahaha +100
25 Mar 2017, 10:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2017, 03:32 AMGrumpy

If you let your enemy to roam for 30 seconds around your emplacement and allowed him to throw incing nade a second before brace finishes, then you did something horribly wrong
25 Mar 2017, 13:26 PM

Another major issue is how cheap they are, ridiculously cheap actually .

Look at the Bofors it costs a measly 280 manpower and 30 fuel!

It easily takes care off all roles aside from heavy tanks. It will decimate infantry, ac's , light tanks, medium tanks along with artillery and near instant kill AA. It's not like the emplacement takes any skill whatsoever to use.

Once destroyed another one will be hastily built to replace it negating the insane work you have put in into destroying it. As for the mortar I could write a 10 page essay on how broken this emplacement is.

280 manpower and 30 fuel.... what is relic thinking
25 Mar 2017, 13:58 PM

If you let your enemy to roam for 30 seconds around your emplacement and allowed him to throw incing nade a second before brace finishes, then you did something horribly wrong

So you really want to claim that the throw time on a grenade is 30 seconds? Most people force brace by using mortars, leig, or occasionally an AT gun, then move in with infantry.
25 Mar 2017, 14:40 PM

What about stand fast? i had 2 sturms with flames and a ieig 18 shooting a braced bofors with stand fast activated.The bofors was repaired faster with stand fast(no engineer were repairing bofors) than 1 ieig 18 and 2 sturms with flames....really ?????those zombie engineer from the advanced emplacement cancer doctrine should die when stuka hit them in the head.They need to stop repairing Sooo fast the emplacement and to not die
25 Mar 2017, 19:15 PM

Some interesting ideas in here. Ultimately brace, as it is implemented, is a poor design for COH2. It tries to make an immobile unit survive, but it ultimately makes units really annoying.

Can I also add that the Brit Emplacement commander with Forward repair points should not be able to repair itself? Repair points should not autorepair themselves under fire.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 35
unknown 34
unknown 17
Germany 883

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %