Login

russian armor

Matchmaking - constantly against higher lvl opponent. Why?

19 Mar 2017, 14:36 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Mar 2017, 23:50 PMVaz
The ideal situation is to play against people of higher rank. You will not climb the ladder otherwise. The player at #1 should not even play, as there is nothing to gain.

This isn't really true. The player at #1 still can gain elo to run away from the second player. He is going to get less for win than he loses for loose, so it's a little uphill, but if he plays mostly against worse players, especially at the hours where there is less players playing, he can get enormous elo. The example could be paul's stats before his ban.
19 Mar 2017, 16:07 PM

This isn't really true. The player at #1 still can gain elo to run away from the second player. He is going to get less for win than he loses for loose, so it's a little uphill, but if he plays mostly against worse players, especially at the hours where there is less players playing, he can get enormous elo. The example could be paul's stats before his ban.

This
19 Mar 2017, 23:44 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Also number of games > quality of opponents in order to rank up.
If you are "decent" and spam games, you'll get to higher ranks than people who might be better than you by quite a margin.

20 Mar 2017, 01:34 AM

How do you see your opponents rank?
20 Mar 2017, 02:52 AM

Last match was against PanzerGrenadierAngreifen who is currently 3rd in Wehrmacht while I am 600 in USF.

Thanks...I don´t even want to play 1on1 anymore because of this.

Match was found after searching for about 10 seconds. So very short searching time too.

I don´t know what to say about this...

It's crap like this that will be the final nail in the coffin for this game IMO
20 Mar 2017, 07:35 AM
Senior Editor Badge

How do you see your opponents rank?

You can try out CELO. As far as I know it will only show ranks, though, not level which is a bit more indicative of relative skill difference.

And of course you can check out the ranks/levels in detail after the game by checking your recent match history.
21 Mar 2017, 13:06 PM

You can try out CELO. As far as I know it will only show ranks, though, not level which is a bit more indicative of relative skill difference.

And of course you can check out the ranks/levels in detail after the game by checking your recent match history.

Thanks. Where do I go to see match history?
21 Mar 2017, 13:56 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Thanks. Where do I go to see match history?

Here!

Likewise in-game, when you are in the automatch lobby, click on "statistics", on the, err, ok, the other tab, the one that doesn't show the leaderboards. And then on "Recent Matches". However, more often than not the in-game thing doesn't work for some reason. At least I find myself often staring at a black window...

22 Mar 2017, 00:50 AM

Here!

Likewise in-game, when you are in the automatch lobby, click on "statistics", on the, err, ok, the other tab, the one that doesn't show the leaderboards. And then on "Recent Matches". However, more often than not the in-game thing doesn't work for some reason. At least I find myself often staring at a black window...

Sweet. Thanks. I never knew this. Was always wondering who I'm playing. Clicking on the enemy badge only took me to useless steam profile.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★