Login

russian armor

Faction Rankings

16 Mar 2017, 21:45 PM

Yeah just because the Brits have 1 or 2 unbalanced tanks and 1 unbalanced emplacement it means they're OP and broken.

Oh and let's not forget Commandos, the overpriced "Elite" infantry which is only viable if you have the Mobile Assault doctrine or the Vanguard doctrine because the ones from the default Commandos Regiment are stupidly overperforming for a whooping 540 man power that come in a big ass glider which cannot be repaired or can reinforce or produce in commandos even in friendly territory, so OP!

Give me a break.
16 Mar 2017, 22:06 PM

Yeah just because the Brits have 1 or 2 unbalanced tanks and 1 unbalanced emplacement it means they're OP and broken.

Oh and let's not forget Commandos, the overpriced "Elite" infantry which is only viable if you have the Mobile Assault doctrine or the Vanguard doctrine because the ones from the default Commandos Regiment are stupidly overperforming for a whooping 540 man power that come in a big ass glider which cannot be repaired or can reinforce or produce in commandos even in friendly territory, so OP!

Give me a break.
Things that Brits excell at:
- Infantry: Double Brens
- Tanks: Cromwell, Comet
- And of course emplacements

You say that "one or two units are overperforming" and thus the faction wasn´t overperforming. That is wrong. In theory it only takes one possible overperforming unit and if you abuse it your faction as a whole can be overperforming since you rely on that thing.

Imagine the good old days three years ago with terminator Panzergrenadiers: Nobody would have gotten the idea to say that Wehrmacht wasn´t overperforming since Grens were okay. Nobody relied on Grens. There is some logical fallacy in your argument.
16 Mar 2017, 22:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2017, 22:06 PMButcher

You say that "one or two units are overperforming" and thus the faction wasn´t overperforming. That is wrong. In theory it only takes one possible overperforming unit and if you abuse it your faction as a whole can be overperforming since you rely on that thing.

Imagine the good old days three years ago with terminator Panzergrenadiers: Nobody would have gotten the idea to say that Wehrmacht wasn´t overperforming since Grens were okay. Nobody relied on Grens. There is some logical fallacy in your argument.

You forgot IS RA.They are like ghosts.Bullets are flying always besides them.Crazy RA for a powerful squad with 5 man who has bonus Rof on cover.
16 Mar 2017, 23:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2017, 22:06 PMButcher

No, I said 2 tanks, and the mortar pit.

The IS are one of the worst Allied infantry because the bonus in cover they get is actually a con for them out of cover, not to mention their cost, why do you think blobbing doesn't work with them or why Osttruppen are so effective against them then?

Yes yes, the Comet and Cromwell. Those 2 tanks were the ones I meant.

Emplacements, the only emplacement I've noticed that the Axis are still crying about is the mortar pit.

But if you nerf it it becomes useless so using my idea of replacing it and keeping it unique at the same time is the best way to go Imo.

Haven't heard many people complain about the Bofors after the nerf to it and you pretty much almost never see a 17 pounder on the field.

All in all the Brits only have their Tanks and Vanguard\Infiltration Commandos going for them atm.
16 Mar 2017, 23:35 PM

The IS are one of the worst Allied infantry because the bonus in cover they get is actually a con for them out of cover, not to mention their cost, why do you think blobbing doesn't work with them or why Osttruppen are so effective against them then?

Emplacements, the only emplacement I've noticed that the Axis are still crying about is the mortar pit.

But if you nerf it it becomes useless so using my idea of replacing it and keeping it unique at the same time is the best way to go Imo.

Haven't heard many people complain about the Bofors after the nerf to it and you pretty much almost never see a 17 pounder on the field.

All in all the Brits only have their Tanks and Vanguard\Infiltration Commandos going for them atm.

In late game,light cover is everywhere.Vet 3 pzgrens,grens lose vs vet 3 5 man double bren always.They are harder to kill than RM,especially in cover cause they are ghosts(very low received accuracy)
16 Mar 2017, 23:37 PM

I dont think any faction is OP

I think there are a lot of broken DLC comanders that dont respect the game or its rules.
17 Mar 2017, 01:31 AM

Of course factions are op. Commanders are part of factions, you have to look at it holistically. Of course there are nuances, ie. US does not even need particular commanders to be op (although they help further) quite simply because its core units, builds, and the synergies they provide outclass these of their opponents by such a margin, ie. rifles, mortar, stuart etc.
17 Mar 2017, 05:50 AM

While I do find this topic highly entertaining, I do find myself wonder where if anywhere there is stats of victories per faction and stats on commanders or other good global stats?

Is there such a thing somewhere on this never ending system of tubes and dumptrucks we call the interwebs?
17 Mar 2017, 06:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Mar 2017, 05:50 AMNano
While I do find this topic highly entertaining, I do find myself wonder where if anywhere there is stats of victories per faction and stats on commanders or other good global stats?

Is there such a thing somewhere on this never ending system of tubes and dumptrucks we call the interwebs?

http://coh2chart.com/
Doesn't track in-depth stuff like Coms, but it does track winrates and trends.
17 Mar 2017, 07:14 AM

In late game,light cover is everywhere.Vet 3 pzgrens,grens lose vs vet 3 5 man double bren always.They are harder to kill than RM,especially in cover cause they are ghosts(very low received accuracy)

What do Riflemen and Panzergrenadiers have to do with the Infantry Section? I consider them superior infantry.
17 Mar 2017, 07:48 AM

+ the best AT gun

+ bonus MG range in house for whatever reason

+ the most cost effective Engineers

+ trenches unhittable by raketen

+ playercard pls

but what you fail to see is the most important point:

with brits you need MAYBE HALF OF THE CLICKS YOU NEED FOR EVERY OTHER FACTION
17 Mar 2017, 14:14 PM

• UKF Advanced Emplacements, Fast Teching, Cheap Powerful Tanks, Best Offmap, UC Clowning
  • USF Bazooka and AT-Nade combo. Cheap AT Gun, Call-Ins, Broken Arty, Jeep Clowning
  • SOVIETS6 Man crews, Su76 Blobbing, Cons ppsh, Orrah+AT-nade, M3 clowning, Call-Ins
  • OSTHEER Mg42, Decent infantry, decent arty
  • OKW

17 Mar 2017, 14:44 PM
Strategist Badge

I came up with the numbers by comparing each individual unit and ability a faction has and compare it to another within an asymmetrical balance framework weighing up the pros and cons. Each unit and ability were given a score taking into account cost, power and overall usefulness in real game situations.

Could you give us a run down on your methodology and how you numerically quantified the power and usefulness of the units you analysed?
17 Mar 2017, 15:07 PM

+ the best AT gun

+ playercard pls

I agree with the statements in bold but have a couple of simple question for you and the other people who think brits are OP.

Why is the UKF winrate worse in 1v1 than Ost for the top 250 players? The disparity gets worse when you go outside of the top 250, meaning it is much easier to wreck a mediocre (like me) player who is trying to play UKF.

Shouldn't a faction being OP result in actually winning more games than the UP faction?
17 Mar 2017, 15:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Mar 2017, 15:07 PMGrumpy

I agree with the statements in bold but have a couple of simple question for you and the other people who think brits are OP.

Why is the UKF winrate worse in 1v1 than Ost for the top 250 players? The disparity gets worse when you go outside of the top 250, meaning it is much easier to wreck a mediocre (like me) player who is trying to play UKF.

Shouldn't a faction being OP result in actually winning more games than the UP faction?

It depends how many players chose to play as axis also.If 200 pro Axis player will play vs 1000 mediocre Allies players,Axis player will have a better win ratio
17 Mar 2017, 15:56 PM

agreed with them mostly

offtopic but when brits released i listed almost every broken ability and units of ukf and a year later they are still not noticed and fixed,and i just took a glance and noticed these things how can't relic see these is beyond me
17 Mar 2017, 15:56 PM

I rate this thread a 79% based on reasons.
17 Mar 2017, 16:14 PM

It depends how many players chose to play as axis also.If 200 pro Axis player will play vs 1000 mediocre Allies players,Axis player will have a better win ratio

This argument fails miserably. Across every game mode, the top 250 of allied factions play more games so the mismatches tend to be a top 250 allied player versus a worse-ranked axis player.
17 Mar 2017, 16:27 PM

I rate this thread a 79% based on reasons.

I rate it a -15% for obvious fanboy input on both sides.

The biggest problem in the game is how stupidly OP most of the indirect fire is on 2v2+. I'd like nerfs to the Sov 120, OST mortar, USF mortar, walking stuka, and possibly land mattress.

Most of the other indirect doesn't bother me because:
The Panzerwerfer is fine because it only hits hard from medium range and is really fragile. (It is fun to try to snipe these or Katy's by sneaking a Sherman or P4 behind front lines)
The Pack Howie is overpriced garbage that rarely pays for itself, even in a 4v4.
The Soviet t2 mortar makes smoke and sound effects only.
The LEIG is probably okay considering that it is expensive and they don't start to get okay until you buy 2 of them and use together.
17 Mar 2017, 18:10 PM

+ the best AT gun

+ playercard pls

The British 6 pounder is comparable in performance to the Wehrmacht Pak 40, plus I believe the Pak has more damage, since it has a bigger caliber, it wouldn't make sense for a lower caliber weapon to do more damage (75mm vs the 6 pounder's 57mm).

The Vickers is also one of the most expensive MGs and has a comparable performance to the Maxim except it's meant to be an Allied MG42, which it is not.

The only pros it has is the range extension at Vet 1 when it's garrisoned, it lacks the vet 1 anti-vehicle ability of both the MG34 and MG42, and of course their suppression and fire rate, but is T0 unlike the Maxim, MG34 and .50 cal.

The Sappers are the only saviours for cheap infantry of the British, if you lose your 2 or 3 squads of IS, you will not be able to replenish them most of the time because of the manpower strain on the British Army.

Everything is unhittable by the raketen lol, it's bugged, why do you think people want to replace it with a Pak 38/40? It's fucking bugged.

Up yours, we're playing the same game, I don't give a fuck if you #1 on the leaderboards, that doesn't mean shit to me, the units which we use have the same stats, the only difference is in our individual use of said units.

OKW was the same before the nerf to them.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 44
South Africa 3
Germany 752
Peru 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %