Login

russian armor

July 30th Patch

PAGES (11)down
30 Jul 2013, 21:17 PM

Btw why ostwind is nerfed?

Because it obliterates infantry. I think they don't want to make it as much of a GG unit as it is now.
30 Jul 2013, 21:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jul 2013, 16:27 PMCon!
p4 change is great! Will be worse vs. inf (without changing it's use vs. tanks) giving more reasons to go ostwind first for anti-fantry. the more people that go ostwind first the more t-34's become useable to counter ostwinds.

People who still go p4 first will have less good anti-infantry power. Depending on how much it effects p4's you will end up with a similar although still more effect situation that the su85 is in at not being good unless there are tanks to kill. Using guards, atgs and at nades it shouldn't be too hard to ward off p4's till tanks arrive.

P4's where too good vs. infantry and tanks before.

People who go ostwinds first lose, because if you have an ostwind and a p4 vs 1 or let alone 2 su 85s you lose. Ostwinds are so fuel expensive, it makes no sense what-so ever to build one knowing you already are facing an uphill battle fighting su 85s.
30 Jul 2013, 21:32 PM

Would just like to point out, that if Ostwind seemed like a GG unit before, even with all the possible Soviet anti-tank options available at the point when it can be deployed, then a change of 0.17 to it's scatter max distance is not going to change much
30 Jul 2013, 21:38 PM

Ostwind is a gg unit? that's news to me..
30 Jul 2013, 22:33 PM

Automatch is down :(
30 Jul 2013, 22:40 PM
Benefactor 115

Automatch is down :(

yes, for two hours, just finished winning an awesome game 1 minute short of the announced downtime :D
Bioshock DLC couldn't have come at a better time
30 Jul 2013, 22:51 PM

People who go ostwinds first lose, because if you have an ostwind and a p4 vs 1 or let alone 2 su 85s you lose. Ostwinds are so fuel expensive, it makes no sense what-so ever to build one knowing you already are facing an uphill battle fighting su 85s.

Not really. Most of my games I rarely see an su-85 cause I own my opponent in the early game as Germans, and if they already can't beat my infantry why would they try and counter my tanks (that I don't yet have but they know are soon coming) with a unit that does so poorly vs. inf? And if I see or think su-85's are coming soon I just build a pak43, two shoots su85's.

If anything it is soviets who have the uphill battle vs. German tanks and pak43's not the other way around.
30 Jul 2013, 23:04 PM

Ostwind is a gg unit? that's news to me..

Really? That's about all I did when I first played multiplayer as German. Gren/Mg42 units to hold the soviets off fuel and then rush an ostwind for the win. The only reason why I stopped is because I got bored doing it.

I don't think I was being creative either. It is a pretty common strategy, especially considering an ostwind has more than a fair shot at taking out a t34.
30 Jul 2013, 23:07 PM

as long as you dont rely on tanks to beat hte SU-85 going ostwind first is more than viable, it kills infantry much faster than the t-70 is much more survivable and the plethora of other AT options i dont see a downside as long as you know how to use combined arms.
31 Jul 2013, 04:33 AM

I hope T-34 gets buffed or returned to 75 fuel soon. That thing is useless. and IS-2 is hilariously ridiculous
31 Jul 2013, 05:06 AM

Bad patch after bad patch.

So soviet maxims nerfed even more, now they cant win vs MG, have worse arc of fire and suppresion. What its purpose to build T2 ? And how to counter MG42 without clown car ?Nerfed mortar, nerfed maxims only ZiS is ok.
And welcome immortal mobile german mortar. How it supposed to be countered as CP1 unit ? It have 6 speed... And its ultimate counter to soviet T2 and you need guards + clown car again.
For me CoH 2 R.I.P stupid meta game (one or two good builds), Soviet nerfs in few weeks it will be like 90% german players searching games and they will quit too because of waiting.
31 Jul 2013, 05:26 AM

Permanently Banned
Is the T34/85 scatter buff exclusive to the T34/85?

The direct wording suggests it is, but in my experience with patch notes, this kind of specificity is often overlooked.
31 Jul 2013, 05:35 AM

You have the same information that we do Nullist but if you are asking a Dev then i doubt they would know if it was "overlooked"
31 Jul 2013, 06:06 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2013, 05:35 AMCrells
You have the same information that we do Nullist

Dont generalise. There are people who can, and do, investigate the game files to check changes.
Just because you or I dont know, doesnt mean someone no one else knows, or is capable of confirming it.

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2013, 05:35 AMCrells
but if you are asking a Dev then i doubt they would know if it was "overlooked"

You doubt a Dev would know?
What is this fking foolishness?
Ofc Devs know, and can check whether it is.

Currently there are a number of posters on this board who are under the (possibly incorrect) impression it includes T34s.

You are trying too hard to antagonise and second guess my posts.
31 Jul 2013, 06:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2013, 06:06 AMNullist

Dont generalise. There are people who can, and do, investigate the game files to check changes.
Just because you or I dont know, doesnt mean someone no one else knows, or is capable of confirming it.

You doubt a Dev would know?
What is this fking foolishness?
Ofc Devs know, and can check whether it is.

Currently there are a number of posters on this board who are under the (possibly incorrect) impression it includes T34s.

You are trying too hard to antagonise and second guess my posts.

I apologise if you felt like i was becomming personal and shall try to reframe from commenting on your posts in the future.

as to your post untill conformation comes out im am quite sure it is just the 85's and the smaller t34 has been a hot topic and the dev know about it and would most liekly not make a mistake concerning it and there wording.
31 Jul 2013, 07:15 AM

Permanently Banned
Indeed, the wording states specifically "T34/85"

Unfortunately a lot of people seem to be misreading/ssuming this includes the vanilla T34.

Thats why Im asking for confirmation before I start to correct posters that I see who are under the false impression that the much spoken of T34, has been changed, when infact, it would seem not to have been changed in any way.

There was a similar misumderstanding due to wording in the last patch, regarding 81mm mortar, which was unclear whether the MHT mounted 81mm wqs also changed. I still dont know the concrete answer to this.
31 Jul 2013, 08:10 AM

"• Modified UI barrage radius to match the loiter radius of the JU-87D"

"• Target lead in from 50 to 20"

"• Target lead out from 60 to 20"

Can someone explain to me what these mean? Does it mean that the Stuka will exclusively strafe in the barrage radius i.e. not across the whole map? Will be a good change. And i assume loiter means "hover" which just improves visuals so it looks nicer when you rotate screen to see stuka coming from edge of the map?

Think they fixed stukas killing infantry(even on retreat), but still provides some good area denial for a decent time. Quad 50's will also take em out quicker now.

Also i'm very glad to hear that T70 will now not always snipe retreating squads, and be less effective vs moving squads. (PQ's comment) I.e. pgrens chasing it will also be a little less likely to be hit. I was concerned about it (thought it was a straight buff) but as pq said, T70 will be slightly worse if you keep your infantry moving and/or retreat in time.

I really hope the stug is more surviveable now, we will have to see in game. Would love to see its range buffed to match that of su85 in stead but meh.

The HMG changes are great, since flanking is encouraged and no more troll rolling up. Maxims will still be effective if they flank the mg42.

Too bad brummbar is still so expensive, but i might consider buying one now.

And lastly, how does relief infantry work, do you have to lose your entire squad, or does it work like the medic bunker in vCoh?
31 Jul 2013, 08:21 AM

Stug still sucks in the games i've played with it, i mean i nearly killed a SU-85 but it still the stug is no match at all...

But relic, i'm really really happy with you guys- LANGRES!
LANGRES, guys!
langres!

...LANGRES!

fuck i love that map and you did a great job porting it into coh2!

no more shall i scream OP when cone sighted SU-85's kill all my troops- the great map design in langres and i hope we see Sem and Ang too :D
31 Jul 2013, 08:23 AM

They have effectively neutered the panzer 4 into oblivion. Watching it shoot two shells at a sniper to do 0 damage is really fun.

Congrats you've almost made it as bad as the tiger.
31 Jul 2013, 08:26 AM

Stug still sucks in the games i've played with it, i mean i nearly killed a SU-85 but it still the stug is no match at all...

Well i guess if it almost killed the su85, thats good? I mean it is a bit cheaper? Was the stug vetted?
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS