Login

russian armor

July 30th Patch

PAGES (11)down
31 Jul 2013, 08:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2013, 08:26 AMMauser

Well i guess if it almost killed the su85, thats good? I mean it is a bit cheaper? Was the stug vetted?

it got it on about 1.5/3 HP before it died
SU missed 2 shots, and hit 3
You know what?

with a vet-2 stug i reckon you could take a su-85 on.

I'll go play a few games and try to get my stug the armor skirts and see what happens
31 Jul 2013, 08:29 AM

Permanently Banned
Anyone know what T34 scatter is?
31 Jul 2013, 08:31 AM

They have effectively neutered the panzer 4 into oblivion. Watching it shoot two shells at a sniper to do 0 damage is really fun.

Congrats you've almost made it as bad as the tiger.

IMO a buff of the mounted machine guns on tanks is in order. they are nearly useless! that way the mg on the tank could take out a sniper or at least wound him.

edit: the tiger is better now! try it out.
31 Jul 2013, 08:35 AM

it got it on about 1.5/3 HP before it died
SU missed 2 shots, and hit 3
You know what?

with a vet-2 stug i reckon you could take a su-85 on.

I'll go play a few games and try to get my stug the armor skirts and see what happens

Yeah baby thats what im talkin' bout! I couldnt play yet cos in my timezone patch happened bad time, and at work now.. I would love to see vetted stugs take su85 on. And you can field a stug quite quick, so you can kill some light vehicles to give it vet hopefully before you engage the su85.. Also, remember to use the target weak point ability!

http://www.coh2.org/topic/6051/htd-nerfed-o-rly

and WTF now HTD plasma shield EATS riflenade?

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2013, 08:35 AMMauser

Yeah baby thats what im talkin' bout! I couldnt play yet cos in my timezone patch happened bad time, and at work now.. I would love to see vetted stugs take su85 on. And you can field a stug quite quick, so you can kill some light vehicles to give it vet hopefully before you engage the su85.. Also, remember to use the target weak point ability!

I didn't have one alive long enough to notice they had that ability!
31 Jul 2013, 08:45 AM
Donator 22

the mobile mortar is now more useful as cp1 unit, against soviet t2. especially with the 20% faster reloading
31 Jul 2013, 08:48 AM

I didn't have one alive long enough to notice they had that ability!

Lol yeah I have rarely used it, but i think it can be quite strong. I once(previous patch) had a vet 3 stug, saved my ass when the guy base rushed me with t34's. Stugs can really eat t34's alive, and they are quite tough when vet 2, soo curious what will happen now vs the su85! They also have added sexyness when the armor skirts come at vet 2 ^_^
31 Jul 2013, 09:46 AM

Permanently Banned
Just watched stream of HelpingHans vs Qvazar.

Qvazar (the poor bastard) went Stug after fuel control, only to have Hans' Su85 hit it frontally for 9/10 health, and destroy it on second shot.

The Stug managed on return shot that hit for 1/10 health...

Allof this happened at long range.

Reports will continue rolling in, that Stug is utterly outclassed by SU85, even in superior numbers.

Inb4: "TDs are not a TD counter", because according to that, the SU85 shouldnt two shot the Stug either.
31 Jul 2013, 10:41 AM

SU-85 still utter bullshit
31 Jul 2013, 11:04 AM

Not only is su85 a td counter, it is an everything counter, even its own counter(snipes pgrens/pak40)
31 Jul 2013, 11:06 AM

Hans must've been using Mark Vehicle.
31 Jul 2013, 11:12 AM

I've been saying this for weeks, I'm glad people are finally seeing that the SU-85 is an end of game unit that is just too powerful. At least the ISU has a relative cost for it's power.

I think what needs to happen is SU-76s get an all around buff to damage/penetration whilst remaining glass cannons, SU-85s can remain a good TD by being something similar to a better stug. Perhaps even allow an expensive upgrade to single T34's to the 85 variant (This needs to be expensive if it's munitions.)

What I don't want to see is the SU-85 get nerfed and Soviets have no real anti tank late game, this wouldn't be fun for anyone. It needs to happen though, the SU-85 as of current is far far too powerful for it's cost.
31 Jul 2013, 11:16 AM

Permanently Banned
Didnt see him pop it. No target reticle on the Stug
Cant remeber for certain what Commander he was using though.

Think it was Guards Rifle eg:no Mark Vehicle.
31 Jul 2013, 11:52 AM

Change 85 stats to stug's

remove cone sight

exchange its tracks for feet

give it pink boots

replace its cannon with a PVC pipe

replace its ammunition with vodka bottles

There. fitting end to the problem

31 Jul 2013, 11:59 AM

Still no leaderboards and lobby? I guess these essential things on a RTS is on the low priority, am i rite relic?
31 Jul 2013, 12:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2013, 05:06 AMfranko
Bad patch after bad patch.

So soviet maxims nerfed even more, now they cant win vs MG, have worse arc of fire and suppresion. What its purpose to build T2 ? And how to counter MG42 without clown car ?Nerfed mortar, nerfed maxims only ZiS is ok.
And welcome immortal mobile german mortar. How it supposed to be countered as CP1 unit ? It have 6 speed... And its ultimate counter to soviet T2 and you need guards + clown car again.
For me CoH 2 R.I.P stupid meta game (one or two good builds), Soviet nerfs in few weeks it will be like 90% german players searching games and they will quit too because of waiting.

The point of Maxims is to defend points and stop infantry from rushing you. Not to charge already set-up MGs and to flat out counter basically all of German tier 1 like they used to. The exact same mechanics apply if an MG 42 charges into the arc of a maxim. The suppression difference is honestly not huge given the Germans have less ways of dislodging an MG. The arc difference is counterbalanced by the health and speed of moving. I've been having plenty of success with Soviet T-2 (both conscript spam -> lateish T2 -> T4 (SU-85 followed by Katyusha) and 2 conscript ->T2 -> T3 ->KV-8).

Yeah, the MHT might be slightly too early now but wait and see if it actually makes that much of a difference. 40 fuel is going to push T-2 back a lot.
31 Jul 2013, 12:11 PM

What exactly is the issue with the damage per shot? The PZIV is supposed to be good vs other medium tanks (the T34/76 and T34/85) and decent vs infantry. The T34 is the opposite, good vs infantry and decent vs medium tanks.

So in this patch, the devs have decreased the PZ1V's ai making it less viable as the only tier 3/4 purchase for Ost. Now you need to have more combined arms instead of spamming the PZIV.

Complaining that the T-34 sucks against the PZIV is a waste of time, because it is not supposed to counter the PZIV in this game.

Then why cry about su-85 owning PIV when it is indeed supposed to be like that?
31 Jul 2013, 12:20 PM

Change 85 stats to stug's

remove cone sight

exchange its tracks for feet

give it pink boots

replace its cannon with a PVC pipe

replace its ammunition with vodka bottles

There. fitting end to the problem

StuG III should not be that strong, I agree this trash need some buff but not that great. Now it is useless.

Only removing cone vision or move it into vet 1 ability, SU-85 would be fine

---------------------------------

Priority of balancing change now:

MG42 instant-0.5 sec pin bullshit, making Langres still = Wehr/Ostheer map since COH1

Dirt cheap T70 crap sniping is still here, but change was like, less accurate against moving units, almost one shot one kill stationary dude, such at Pak40 crew. This little bastard deserve a cost like 300/75 with this stat

Building God-Mode

Ostheer universal mines

Wallhaxing Pak43 can be ultra OP in Langres design, let's see how it can work
31 Jul 2013, 12:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2013, 11:04 AMMauser
Not only is su85 a td counter, it is an everything counter, even its own counter(snipes pgrens/pak40)

OMFG. Will u eventually stfu with ur nonsense? IT DOES NOT SNIPE INFANTRY! In fact it is totally useless against it. I'm pretty sure I've played against you a week ago or so (if u have the same steam name) and completely owned wihtout getting even close to SU's. If I'm right, then u're just bad at this game, and that pretty much explains ur whining. As if all u crying ppl wanted a WIN button to be added.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 49
Poland 11
United States 8
Germany 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L