Login

russian armor

Sturmtiger bug

15 Mar 2017, 16:36 PM
Donator 33

Video says it all. Sturm exploit reported at okw release. still not fixed.

https://youtu.be/rXysaWMmLB8
15 Mar 2017, 17:05 PM

Edit: Ops, didn't read the video desc. Sorry for wrong answer.
15 Mar 2017, 18:08 PM

Are you referring to the ability to call them in if they get abandoned? Or are you referring to the instant reload after recrew?

Realistically you can get only 2 in a game even after an abandon. Even so, that is a legitimate way to get ST and I have no idea how you would prevent this.

If you are talking about the reload, that needs to be fixed.
15 Mar 2017, 18:33 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I just remembered something,

"Removed the random abandon critical from SturmTiger that could happen during reload." from the June 23 Hotfix.
https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/67/coh-2-changelog/p5

Should this mean that it should not be decrewed under fire? Or does this mean it is no longer random and now always.
15 Mar 2017, 18:35 PM

That was a lovely thing on the Sittard map. Thought too it had been fixed with that changes about abandoning.
Even so, that is a legitimate way to get ST and I have no idea how you would prevent this.

LOLWUT? Remove guaranteed abandoning on the hit while reloading. That's all. And how it could be legitimate? If you shoot eg Pershing in that way it rather destroys it :snfPeter:
15 Mar 2017, 18:41 PM
Donator 33

"legitimate way" ??? LOL
15 Mar 2017, 18:47 PM

But uhm if you patch this out and by the blessing of the RNG gods your Sturmtiger gets abandoned and captured by your opponent, you can then never recall your sturmtiger unless you destroy the one your opponent has.

Or are you suggesting that the mine related bug should be fixed and that a rear armor mine hit shouldn't abandon the sturmtiger?

My suggestion: remove abandoned critt.
15 Mar 2017, 19:02 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Sigh: for this to be avoided 2 things have to change:

-Critical while reloading removed.

-Critical while repairing removed (if someone wants to test it to see if it can be done with other vehicles such as KT)

I'm not as sure you could classify this as a bug, cause it's working as intended. More of an "exploit" such as ghosting but not necessarily an unintended result.

Simil ex:
-USF can gift vehicles since release.
-OH could HUGELY economically boost OKW with resource drops. Now that income is normalised, it can still do so through caches.
-UKF can "lend lease" weapons with the HT.

15 Mar 2017, 21:15 PM
Donator 33

Remove abandon crit and solved. 1 per player.
16 Mar 2017, 21:10 PM
Donator 33

WBP team seemed unaware of bug.
16 Mar 2017, 22:47 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

WBP team seemed unaware of bug.

It's not a bug (except for the part on which it shouldn't get abandoned on reload). This same behaviour happens with all vehicles (if they get abandoned) and with that particular OKW commander repair ability (it's specified on the description that the crew is REALLY vulnerable).
17 Mar 2017, 02:18 AM
Donator 33

It's not a bug (except for the part on which it shouldn't get abandoned on reload). This same behaviour happens with all vehicles (if they get abandoned) and with that particular OKW commander repair ability (it's specified on the description that the crew is REALLY vulnerable).

For being within the players reach to abuse its either a bug or exploit, fuss over the word if you want.
17 Mar 2017, 02:23 AM

Ok again, this is not a bug or exploit. Words matter.

This is a weakness, and if you can aford to spend the mirco, I guess a way to summon 2 ST's at a time. Again, this really doesn't happen in any serious game though. No one can float enough MP and fuel to double their ST's.

What you are asking for is a buff to the ST, remove threat of abandon while reloading, which would be extremely problematic, since it could reload very close to the front line.

I don't mind taking about the ST, I think it is one of the stupidest unit concepts ever produced for the COH series, Roo's you still hold top spot, but this is silly. You have a view which you are trying to push and you won't take any insight into why your complaint is not valid as written.
17 Mar 2017, 02:33 AM
Donator 33

A player being able to call in as many Sturmtigers as he wishes by using what would normally be called exploit efforts is ok?

So re crewing and un-crewing Sherman tanks for increased fire rate wasn't an exploit?

This is a problem, and how you're defending it is confusing. Its a poor mechanic, and the Sturmtiger could be given a more legitimate "weakness" to compensate (less range, less speed, less HP). If this was used in a tournament now or future I doubt it would be called be fair play. If you disagree with that I'd like to hear your stance. Current abandon mechanic is not a weakness to the vehicle, anyone with sense reloads near base or other resources.

And again, shift clicking for a minefield to be ready for when your Sturm is ready makes this add maybe 6 APM to your time, for the pay off, that's worth not suicide.

17 Mar 2017, 17:49 PM

A player being able to call in as many Sturmtigers as he wishes by using what would normally be called exploit efforts is ok?

So re crewing and un-crewing Sherman tanks for increased fire rate wasn't an exploit?

This is a problem, and how you're defending it is confusing. Its a poor mechanic, and the Sturmtiger could be given a more legitimate "weakness" to compensate (less range, less speed, less HP). If this was used in a tournament now or future I doubt it would be called be fair play. If you disagree with that I'd like to hear your stance. Current abandon mechanic is not a weakness to the vehicle, anyone with sense reloads near base or other resources.

And again, shift clicking for a minefield to be ready for when your Sturm is ready makes this add maybe 6 APM to your time, for the pay off, that's worth not suicide.

Yes calling in as many ST as they want is fine right now. You cannot hope to do this against competent players for more than 1 ST, if that. I have never seen this used, and it is well known and reproducable.

Sherman tank recrewing bug was related to gaining of stats, so that things like reload reduction stacked. This caused unintentional consequences like MG performance for main gun.

Again you may say this, but ST has been around for a while, since OKW release with this, and I have never seen this used in any tournament setting.

Building mines is easy, but keeping a ST behind the lines while you build them, with a SP upgraded with shrek is really going to make your front line pretty slim. To top this off even when you decrew it, you still have to be floating a ST worth of resources again. Not really a common practice.

Are you referring to a specific incident you had with the ST? If you post a replay I will be happy to review it. If you lost to this cheese, and that is exactly what it is, you must have given up too much breathing room elsewhere.
17 Mar 2017, 18:41 PM
Donator 33

So as lead strategist you'd vet this being used in tournaments? This issue is apparently not well known to those writting WBP as when mentioned one member was completely unaware this is possible.

For this units ability to instantly kill so much from fog of war, its more than worth to shift click 3 mines at 15 min+ and just wait til 11cp retreat anything that can detonate the mine and leave again with two sturms. For 160 fuel a piece its hilarious.

Ive been aware of the exploit since OKW release and you may not see it so but COH.org staff label doesn't mean you fan just say its ok and its gone. Its an issue, easy to do and should get a fix.
17 Mar 2017, 19:30 PM

So as lead strategist you'd vet this being used in tournaments? This issue is apparently not well known to those writting WBP as when mentioned one member was completely unaware this is possible.

For this units ability to instantly kill so much from fog of war, its more than worth to shift click 3 mines at 15 min+ and just wait til 11cp retreat anything that can detonate the mine and leave again with two sturms. For 160 fuel a piece its hilarious.

Ive been aware of the exploit since OKW release and you may not see it so but COH.org staff label doesn't mean you fan just say its ok and its gone. Its an issue, easy to do and should get a fix.

Yes I would vet balance through tournaments. I really don't care if you can get 5 ST's in a 3v3 or 4v4 searching against randoms. I do care if I see a bug or exploit that causes games to be thrown in a tournament setting.

For 160 fuel it is not hilarious, it is risky. If a player manages to stockpile 320 fuel against you, you have a problem. And that problem is either a KT or a JT or a ST. If that player can also afford to sit it out and give up effectively 4 squads of volks or 2 squads of obers for 5 minutes while you pull off this stunt, then congrats, you gave them the game.

I find it hard to believe the WBP team did not realize you could decrew a ST by exploding a mine. While I cannot demonstrate this, a passing comment of, "Oh well we didn't realize you could force the decrew with double mines and a shrek shot" is far from being unaware of ST decrew. You also showed in your video how difficult this actually was since it took multiple shots many times.

You really haven't demonstrated to me why this particular mechanic is not working as intended. You have submitted no games that were thrown because of this, you cannot cite a tournament play in which this happened, and you yourself demonstrated it in the context of cheat mod. Your assertion that this unit never reloads close to the frontline is the result of being vulnerable to decrew. People don't reload it close to the line or they may give up a huge tank. Removing this vulnerability would mean it would reload far too quickly because the developers consider time to move as part of the "cooldown" on the shots. I don't make law here, but I do call for a little more from posters before they claim "bug".

The stupid idea behind the ST is that it wipes squads as its role, and this in a game about unit preservation. I don't see many ways to solve this, and if it was up to me the unit would be removed from the game. I feel similarly about the AVRE, although at least this unit can be avoided by infantry to a degree.
17 Mar 2017, 19:38 PM
Donator 33

The cheat mod does nothing beyond shorten the resource time, and as long as the mines are placed behind the unit properly its an immediate decrew. I had trouble with i believe the third sturmtiger. And in the video im asking a WBP crew member of his awareness of the issue. He was not. So im not fabricating anything here.

This remains an issue, and the removal of abandon on reload is the best fix to prevent exploit. Replace with a stat reduction of some kind.
17 Mar 2017, 21:12 PM

Current lead strategist is Cookiez, there is only 1 lead strategist at time. His badge color is orange.

Other strategists are either senior strategists (imagelessbeans, me and others [blue]) or strategists (green).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 26
Germany 522

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment