Login

russian armor

Custom Balance Rework and Balance patch with WBP

11 Mar 2017, 17:54 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Currently I am working on a mod that does quite a bit of reworking that is clearly out of scope of the wbp. While it needs some adjustments, I say it is ready for some eyes and opinions. Through learning from my past mods, hopeful this can be come of something or maybe spark some ideas for some future patches.

Mod patch notes are here: https://www.coh2.org/topic/59718/%C3%86gion-s-balance-and-rework

I also have some ideas here: https://www.coh2.org/topic/59719/additions-to-my-mod-poll

I would like to how you all like and dislike my ideas and see if I made some oversights in order to correct and improve this mod.
11 Mar 2017, 18:18 PM

Ostheer loses a tier? And I would never skip a tier with grens, pgrens, paks, snipers, and mortars for any reason. Not to mention this 'armor' upgrade.

OKW getting an Opel Blitz as an OP alternative is a nice idea.
11 Mar 2017, 18:35 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Ostheer loses a tier? And I would never skip a tier with grens, pgrens, paks, snipers, and mortars for any reason. Not to mention this 'armor' upgrade.

OKW getting an Opel Blitz as an OP alternative is a nice idea.

Ostheer still have access to tier 4, its just not it its own building now. Tier 4 in live just costs too much to achieve regularly. Tier 4 is now granted with with battle phase three, similarly to hammer and anvil. The armor upgrade is like a five man squad upgrade with less dps from a lack of a fifth man but the squad becomes more resilient. Also, you can always count on ostruppen. No really, you can.
12 Mar 2017, 01:04 AM

Seeing as you removed the MG34 from the OKW's HQ I see no reason to remove the requirement which I would have suggested, it's for testing purposes, I wanted to see if it would be truly as OP as people claim it would be if it was in the live game, so far I have no such luck of being OP with a Tier 0 MG in my mod.

The other suggestion I wanted to make was that of replacing the mortar pit with a mobile mortar squad while transforming the pit itself into a garrisonable emplacement, something which Svanh and Planet Smasher already did, I used their work to base off my own mod and for now it's working out great if I'm honest.

Axis no longer have a cause to whine about long range OP mortars that gain vet in like, half a minute, Brits have a mobile mortar and they are still unique, everybody is happy and satisfied.

Cheers.
12 Mar 2017, 09:19 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Seeing as you removed the MG34 from the OKW's HQ I see no reason to remove the requirement which I would have suggested, it's for testing purposes, I wanted to see if it would be truly as OP as people claim it would be if it was in the live game, so far I have no such luck of being OP with a Tier 0 MG in my mod.

The other suggestion I wanted to make was that of replacing the mortar pit with a mobile mortar squad while transforming the pit itself into a garrisonable emplacement, something which Svanh and Planet Smasher already did, I used their work to base off my own mod and for now it's working out great if I'm honest.

Axis no longer have a cause to whine about long range OP mortars that gain vet in like, half a minute, Brits have a mobile mortar and they are still unique, everybody is happy and satisfied.

Cheers.

I removed all T0 MGs to allow an infantry focus game for at least minute or two. Personally I do not like T0 weapon teams. The kubal and bren are fine seeing the will die in the first sign of AT.

It is possible to make the trench into a mortar pit but I did not want the two overlap. So adopting the short range mortar allows enough difference between the two. Though the short range mortar may need a price reduction because 260 is quite alot. Perhaps 220 or even 200 since they do have less range.
12 Mar 2017, 09:45 AM

Where is Soviet Zis?
12 Mar 2017, 09:59 AM
12 Mar 2017, 10:11 AM

Assume You have completed your mod. What do you expect going to happened?
aaa
12 Mar 2017, 10:18 AM

sorry to say but do you thinking at all doing this? Axis T1 gives acces to 6 units for same 200/30 as oponents t1 with 3 units. Not going to read the rest.
12 Mar 2017, 10:21 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2017, 10:18 AMaaa
im sorry but do you thinking at all doing this? Axis T1 gives access to 6 units for same 200/30 as oponents t1 with 3 units. Not going to read.

It requires Battlephase one of half of them. About same cost for all the other faction for the next tier of units.

Also, there are "6" units for T1 USF, OKW, and "7" UKF. Just add small amounts of side teching.
12 Mar 2017, 10:30 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Assume You have completed your mod. What do you expect going to happened?

I am hoping it will create fun and entertainment and maybe inspire some ideas for future patches. I know I changed to much for most considerations but some small things, like not adding in T0 weapons teams.
aaa
12 Mar 2017, 10:31 AM

better leave that work to relic professionals or to no one. This Xommunity have 0 idea about doing things right. When they agree with smth that means this is 100% wrong.
Game is decently balanced now except some minor problems. So leave it.
12 Mar 2017, 10:38 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2017, 10:31 AMaaa
better leave that work to relic professionals or to no one. This Xommunity have 0 idea about doing things right.

Like I see you do anything about it. Let see your mod that fixes problems in the game. Let see your suggestions in action.
12 Mar 2017, 11:12 AM

I am hoping

Yeah.. Hope..
I hear hope dies the last..
12 Mar 2017, 11:33 AM

Good changes i liked them :)
12 Mar 2017, 11:44 AM

I removed all T0 MGs to allow an infantry focus game for at least minute or two. Personally I do not like T0 weapon teams. The kubal and bren are fine seeing the will die in the first sign of AT.

It is possible to make the trench into a mortar pit but I did not want the two overlap. So adopting the short range mortar allows enough difference between the two. Though the short range mortar may need a price reduction because 260 is quite alot. Perhaps 220 or even 200 since they do have less range.

Yes I noticed that and agree with it.

I'm only pushing for the MG34 to be Tier 0 due to the British and Wehrmacht both having T0 MGs, I'm fine with no one having T0 MGs/team weapons.

Wait did you add the 2-inch mortar to the British or something because I think I've missed that then.

I just hate having static in-direct fire units which both sides cry against, that's all.

I almost always need in-direct fire but the fact that the mortar pit is going to cost me pop cap and manpower after the fighting has went far from it forces me to not build it, and I certainly use the Bofors less than in-direct fire, I often times capture mortars left on the battlefield instead of building the pit.
12 Mar 2017, 13:13 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Wait did you add the 2-inch mortar to the British or something because I think I've missed that then.

I just hate having static in-direct fire units which both sides cry against, that's all.

I added in a mobile mortar equal to the WBP USF Mortar, but mortar pits are still available under Anvil. This makes it more a mid game mortar because it requires a bit of teching.
12 Mar 2017, 21:07 PM

I added in a mobile mortar equal to the WBP USF Mortar, but mortar pits are still available under Anvil. This makes it more a mid game mortar because it requires a bit of teching.

Ah alright you've addressed the issue then.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★