Login

russian armor

Churchill Pintle mount

11 Mar 2017, 12:55 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I remember seeing a picture of the Churchill Pintle mount in game. I am trying to mod it so that it will appear at vet one but I am having trouble at making it appear at all. Can I get some help?
12 Mar 2017, 12:22 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

That picture was from a mod I'm working on. The source files are available here.
Have a look at upgrades/vehicles/churchill_vickers_k as well as the the slot item and weapon it adds. Pay attention to reference the correct hardpoint, since I reorganised the Churchill's weapons. The Vickers K should not be on a hardpoint higher than 5, because the hardpoint index for change_weapon actions is capped to 5 for some reason.
12 Mar 2017, 13:22 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

That picture was from a mod I'm working on. The source files are available here.
Have a look at upgrades/vehicles/churchill_vickers_k as well as the the slot item and weapon it adds. Pay attention to reference the correct hardpoint, since I reorganised the Churchill's weapons. The Vickers K should not be on a hardpoint higher than 5, because the hardpoint index for change_weapon actions is capped to 5 for some reason.

Thanks. In my mod, I removed the grenade from the churchill and was planing to add the vickers pintle as part of the vet 1 so it can fight infantry better.
12 Mar 2017, 13:59 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Thanks. In my mod, I removed the grenade from the churchill and was planing to add the vickers pintle as part of the vet 1 so it can fight infantry better.

No problem! I don't like tanks throwing grenades either - it allows them to decrew AT guns too quickly, in my opinion. It's also possible to add a spotter to the Churchill at the same time, in case you haven't done that already.
20 Mar 2017, 19:08 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

No problem! I don't like tanks throwing grenades either - it allows them to decrew AT guns too quickly, in my opinion. It's also possible to add a spotter to the Churchill at the same time, in case you haven't done that already.

As in spotter AND pintle simultaneously? That's interesting. Do you know if any other tanks supports this?
26 Mar 2017, 20:01 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Mar 2017, 19:08 PMKasarov
As in spotter AND pintle simultaneously? That's interesting. Do you know if any other tanks supports this?

Exactly. Here's a picture:

I don't know of any other vehicles supporting this - most have only one animated hatch. I haven't checked all of them, though!
28 Mar 2017, 19:11 PM
Modmaker Badge

Hi guys:

Thanks a lot to share this information with the rest of the mod community.
I have a question aside regarding the tank commanders and pintle machine guns.
A few months ago I had a talk with Eliwood about T-34 top gunner and spotters. I have a small problem, basically I can show the spotter but I can not open the hatch of the T-34/85. Do anybody here have a clue about how to solve it.

My original post:
T-34 top gunner and spotter

Regards
Olhausen
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak