Login

russian armor

Dawn of war 3 Game play changes

10 Mar 2017, 17:24 PM

Hey all!

I highlight most of the game play changes in the video.

What changes are people on here looking forward to or dreading? Personally I like that they are moving in a different direction from CoH, making both series more unique.
Hux
10 Mar 2017, 18:25 PM
Patrion 14

after watching a couple of videos im actually looking forward to it more than I thought.

Looks like large scale battles are gunna be hectic and the skill curve will hopefully be quite steep.

Still can't condone Gabriel Angelos doing summersaults though.

Atmospherics in maps looks to be nice. Engine change is also welcome. hopefully there's not nearly as much shite embedded as there was with the last one.
10 Mar 2017, 19:01 PM
Donator 11

Sounds like a cool bridge between coh-like rts games and mobas. Maybe it will bring more players to coh2. Still it is by no means a DoW game.
10 Mar 2017, 19:49 PM

Sounds like a cool bridge between coh-like rts games and mobas. Maybe it will bring more players to coh2. Still it is by no means a DoW game.

Hmm I as like that a few days ago, since then I have come around a lot more on it. Like what even makes a DoW game? very little stayed the same between 1 and 2. Also the Moba elements are the mission objectives. Really its just destroy the HQ, sure you only have one for 2v2 but that just makes you play as a team more.

10 Mar 2017, 22:13 PM

Does it have the same engine as CoH2?
10 Mar 2017, 22:39 PM

Does it have the same engine as CoH2?

From what I know yes, but they are not usinga lot of the features it has like terrain deforming and cover.
10 Mar 2017, 23:00 PM

From what I know yes, but they are not usinga lot of the features it has like terrain deforming and cover.

I see, well any game using the CoH2 engine is something to watch out for in the negative sense of the word lol.
Phy
11 Mar 2017, 00:01 AM

No retreat, no cover system, NO FUN
11 Mar 2017, 00:52 AM

I see, well any game using the CoH2 engine is something to watch out for in the negative sense of the word lol.

Well it's actually a pretty good engine. It just has one or two strange bottlenecks that were probably a result of pressures imposed by THQ going under and then Sega wanting a return on investment. With any luck, having a new game to create has allowed them the resources to revisit the engine and improve it. Still, time will tell.
11 Mar 2017, 02:23 AM

If the final is anything like the beta, it's crap. Maps are hideous, StarCraft-like. No cover, no buildings, just a field, some elevation; huge, open and plain areas made so you can a-click your blob around and pretend you can micro all the things that you build.

No point in repositioning units to use the environment.

Prancing space Marines...
aaa
11 Mar 2017, 03:27 AM

This community desrve to be hated. I remember they were saying coh2 engine has a fundqmenntal problems and game cannit be optimazid becs of them. Even staff.

And now boom dow3 is using coh2 engine and not even full potential of it.
11 Mar 2017, 05:40 AM

no buildings

FINALLY, That's a BIG +

btw. it's Unity engine
11 Mar 2017, 11:20 AM
Benefactor 115

btw. it's Unity engine

It's not. They didn't use unity in the end and are using essence 4.0
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias