Login

russian armor

racketen

9 Mar 2017, 05:07 AM

I have been having problems with Racketen to the point of no longer fielding armour against OKW at all, the fact they are invisible with massive range and able to retreat seems a little OP to me, sort of too many advantages, they kill tanks in a single volley and if not the huge range means I often cant get out of trouble in time, then they simply run off, if I get near them with inf they are gone, yet my own guns can get over-run, how do you deal with this?
9 Mar 2017, 15:16 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

They are pretty much always going to be travelling in a blob, you need to anticipate where they will be. Always bee screening with infantry when you go in. If you get a good flank off and wipe them he's screwed.

Additionally, if he spent 800 manpower on 3 raketens you should be able to walk over him with infantry.
9 Mar 2017, 17:39 PM

"Massive Range" you do realize that the Raken has the lowest range of all AT guns right? They are also super squishy since they don't have a gun shield - they get one shotted by tank shells and indirect fire for days. I'd gladly give up Rakens for a PAK40 any day of the week...

You just have to screen with infantry and in general don't be too obvious with attacking head on into areas where the OKW player has a defensive front established. You also have to be careful not to repair tanks too close to the front line because good OKW players will use Vet 1 Rakens to creep forward while cloaked and finish off tanks.
9 Mar 2017, 19:04 PM

Offtopic post reported and removed.
9 Mar 2017, 23:13 PM

You have got to be joking... This isnt a troll post?

Raketten dies if you just fart in it's general direction.
Damage and set up time is atrocious, in that you can flank and take out whole squad with 1 shot
9 Mar 2017, 23:36 PM
Donator 11

I guess he is not joking. He just experienced playing against somebody who knows how to use raketens. They are very effective once a player stops to subbornly use them as if they were paks.

Screening with infantry is a good advice, but I would also recommend using air scouts. They reveal all camouflaged units including snipers and raketens. Apart from that doing what you do is also a good idea - if you can force your opponent into building at least 2 raketens without commiting too much to armour yourself, you often will beat him with pure infantry advantage.
10 Mar 2017, 06:08 AM

I guess he is not joking. He just experienced playing against somebody who knows how to use raketens. They are very effective once a players stops to subbornly use them as if they were paks.

Screening with infantry is a good advice, but I would also recommend using air scouts. They reveal all camouflaged units including snipers and raketens. Apart from that doing what you do is also a good idea - if you can force your opponent into building at least 2 raketens without commiting too much to armour yourself, you often will beat him with pure infantry advantage.

This.

I've played against people who could use them, but every time I use them, they seem like they're not very good, particularly against UKF.

Screening with infantry and air scouting do a pretty good job of nullifying them, particularly with their short range.
11 Mar 2017, 02:28 AM

Just keep your eye out for them. Usually easy to spot when an enemy advances.

20% of the time they miss as well.
11 Mar 2017, 04:20 AM

Massive Range ahahhahahah :banned:
11 Mar 2017, 06:17 AM

I guess he is not joking. He just experienced playing against somebody who knows how to use raketens. They are very effective once a player stops to subbornly use them as if they were paks.

thx i will try the air scouts, thanks for actually being helpful, I think some people imagine sort of strange scenarios here, he had two racketen and a panther, I had SU-85 and two T34-85's, we both had shit loads of infantry, obviously I tried flanking and infantry screening, that's why I lost, infantry screening against obersoldaten Mg's mines etc, guess what everyone, he couldn't infantry screen to well either for the same reason, the difference was he could retreat his racketen and hold ground
13 Mar 2017, 09:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2017, 06:17 AMGenMe

thx i will try the air scouts, thanks for actually being helpful, I think some people imagine sort of strange scenarios here, he had two racketen and a panther, I had SU-85 and two T34-85's, we both had shit loads of infantry, obviously I tried flanking and infantry screening, that's why I lost, infantry screening against obersoldaten Mg's mines etc, guess what everyone, he couldn't infantry screen to well either for the same reason, the difference was he could retreat his racketen and hold ground

So you should have build a katyusha. Without replay, it is harder to figure out what the issue is.

You played vs someone better than you, take it as a lesson.
13 Mar 2017, 10:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2017, 09:50 AMEsxile

So you should have build a katyusha. Without replay, it is harder to figure out what the issue is.

You played vs someone better than you, take it as a lesson.

that makes no sense, Its not a replay, I'm talking about, its consistently losing against OKW, I cant deal with the faction as Soviets
13 Mar 2017, 11:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2017, 10:17 AMGenMe

that makes no sense, Its not a replay, I'm talking about, its consistently losing against OKW, I cant deal with the faction as Soviets

which means we need more replays to see where you fail. Racketens are probably the upper level side of the iceberg.
13 Mar 2017, 11:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2017, 11:10 AMEsxile

which means we need more replays to see where you fail. Racketens are probably the upper level side of the iceberg.

yeah I agree, the one thing i wont do is play meta, so don't say partisans..lol, I have put a replay up in the strategy section which is a non racketen one
13 Mar 2017, 23:02 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Sounds like you are playing on bad maps if you keep having this problem. You could try changing up your vetoes, AT walls are way more effective on maps where the fighting is close to the base sector.
13 Mar 2017, 23:27 PM

When i saw the title i thought this is about how much raketen suck and was pleased about a fellow human getting reasonable,

but then....

i dunno what to say...
14 Mar 2017, 00:27 AM

Are you trolling? Soviets are why I don't play 1v1 as OKW right now. Penal spam into 1-2 Guards followed by T70. Wide-open maps aren't so bad but all of the new city maps with sight blockers make this match-up suck.
14 Mar 2017, 00:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2017, 00:27 AMGrumpy

Are you trolling? Soviets are why I don't play 1v1 as OKW right now. Penal spam into 1-2 Guards followed by T70. Wide-open maps aren't so bad but all of the new city maps with sight blockers make this match-up suck.

The thread has nothing to do with penals though; it's talking about the raketenwefer, and a Faust and/or 1-2 well-played raks can shut down a t70 real fast. I don't think the thread is about the entire soviet/okw matchup is balanced/tipped one way or the other, it's just asking how to deal with a specific aspect of fighting okw- the rak.
Sidenote: vet5 raketens are beasts, but super hard to get.
14 Mar 2017, 08:32 AM

The thread has nothing to do with penals though; it's talking about the raketenwefer, and a Faust and/or 1-2 well-played raks can shut down a t70 real fast. I don't think the thread is about the entire soviet/okw matchup is balanced/tipped one way or the other, it's just asking how to deal with a specific aspect of fighting okw- the rak.
Sidenote: vet5 raketens are beasts, but super hard to get.

assuming the raketen hits, which doesn't happen
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS