Login

russian armor

Can we make Relic add to USF the shermah 76 mm gun

14 Mar 2017, 16:29 PM

first i want to tell you not to say something about my grammar ever again not cuz of respect but at least from being from another country (Greece)

I ain't no native speaker either. And I didn't say what I said to hurt or insult you, but because being able to understand you is an important part of communicating with you. If you want people to consider your ideas and engage in discussion with you, you should make the effort to be understood - that includes expressing yourself in a way that others can actually reproduce what you were saying.
Outside of respect and the difficulty of learning another language (which is always a commendable effort), this is simply the basic idea of how communication works.

And I'm not asking the impossible of you, using some sort of spell-checking (as included in any modern browser) would go a long way to help you being understood.

and USF suppose to have the best medium tanks and push with medium tanks not with heavy tanks and with the 76 mm gun it would really help to kill a panzer iv with more chances and faster reload

Where did you get that idea from? Why should USF have the best medium tanks? They already come with one of the best, if not the best infantry unit in the game. On top of that, they have one of the best lightly armoured vehicles in the game, with a lot of shock value. Why should they have the best medium tanks on top of that, when their current one already outperforms its more expensive counterpart (Ostheer Panzer IV) and comes earlier?
14 Mar 2017, 16:37 PM

I ain't no native speaker either. And I didn't say what I said to hurt or insult you, but because being able to understand you is an important part of communicating with you. If you want people to consider your ideas and engage in discussion with you, you should make the effort to be understood - that includes expressing yourself in a way that others can actually reproduce what you were saying.
Outside of respect and the difficulty of learning another language (which is always a commendable effort), this is simply the basic idea of how communication works.

And I'm not asking the impossible of you, using some sort of spell-checking (as included in any modern browser) would go a long way to help you being understood.

Where did you get that idea from? Why should USF have the best medium tanks? They already come with one of the best, if not the best infantry unit in the game. On top of that, they have one of the best lightly armoured vehicles in the game, with a lot of shock value. Why should they have the best medium tanks on top of that, when their current one already outperforms its more expensive counterpart (Ostheer Panzer IV) and comes earlier?
first the USF desception says that USF good combined arms while attacking with the best medium tanks no commander
14 Mar 2017, 16:38 PM

and i came up with the idea from coh1
14 Mar 2017, 17:02 PM

first the USF desception says that USF good combined arms while attacking with the best medium tanks no commander

Well, and that is certainly the case. American infantry is superior as it is, throwing in a good medium tank like the Sherman in its current state rewards combined arms, especially as veteran Shermans used together gain a nice bonus that strengthens them even further. The basis is there, what you make of it is your own decision.

Out of all the strategic possibilities this game offers, USF combined arms play is certainly one of the most rewarding ones while still being reasonably easy to pull off. If you play as Ostheer for a bit, you will notice how badly rewarding their combined arms play is, as it constantly requires you to react to your opponent and invest more than he does, in order to stand any chance of competing with him.

and i came up with the idea from coh1

And that is exactly what got lost before, because I couldn't understand you. I didn't do that to anger you, or because I am simply a bad human being (well I am, but that's not the issue here). And your last two posts show that you can indeed do better, to help others understand you. We all can only profit from that. :)
14 Mar 2017, 17:23 PM

Well, and that is certainly the case. American infantry is superior as it is, throwing in a good medium tank like the Sherman in its current state rewards combined arms, especially as veteran Shermans used together gain a nice bonus that strengthens them even further. The basis is there, what you make of it is your own decision.

Out of all the strategic possibilities this game offers, USF combined arms play is certainly one of the most rewarding ones while still being reasonably easy to pull off. If you play as Ostheer for a bit, you will notice how badly rewarding their combined arms play is, as it constantly requires you to react to your opponent and invest more than he does, in order to stand any chance of competing with him.

And that is exactly what got lost before, because I couldn't understand you. I didn't do that to anger you, or because I am simply a bad human being (well I am, but that's not the issue here). And your last two posts show that you can indeed do better, to help others understand you. We all can only profit from that. :)
you seem a cool person if you want to add me on steam the name is sakismondeo
14 Mar 2017, 18:52 PM

i hope there will be in the future an update cor the game or a mod abou an sherman upgrade
15 Mar 2017, 12:25 PM

so 1v1?
16 Mar 2017, 17:38 PM

Wrong. There is no plan to add 76mm Sherman in WBP. I only quoted opinion of TheMashine from other thread. It is only opinion, not future plans.

It means, that every change, which Community Balance Team want to add to the game, need to be approved by Relic. My opinion based on their posts, and patchnote (1.7 iirc) intro, where was explained, why some changes to the light vehicle were removed.

So yeah the sherman 76 mm gun is now just a dream

17 Mar 2017, 10:42 AM

USF is the only faction that doesnt have early mines and sandbags my opinion is if you want to play USF go to coh1 at coh2 only riflemen and maybe rangerts spam zooks only

What are tanktraps?
17 Mar 2017, 12:01 PM

What are tanktraps?
if you see tank traps yes give you heavy cover BUT i tested 100 times and when i put riflemen behind tank traps vs riflemen behind sandbags riflemen behind sandbags always win with 3 to 2 men
21 Mar 2017, 18:45 PM

There is an M4A3 76(W) unit in the games files using the same model as the EZ8, however there is no upgrade and I don't believe we can make one because the game doesn't allow editing a model currently.
so say. Bye bye to USF and the sherman 76 mm gun only rifle ranger blob zooks only vet 3
29 Mar 2017, 12:15 PM

so yeah it will never happend
30 Mar 2017, 18:49 PM

so yeah it will never happend

There are more pressing concerns with this game atm than this sherman gun...
31 Mar 2017, 14:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2017, 18:49 PMGarrett

There are more pressing concerns with this game atm than this sherman gun...
yeah you are right lets leave the USF players to the ground like the worst faction and Buff OKW and brits more
31 Mar 2017, 14:40 PM

yeah you are right lets leave the USF players to the ground like the worst faction and Buff OKW and brits more

USF the worst faction. Oh yeah, tell me more. And if all it takes to make a totally weak faction (in your opinion) to a decent faction by adding one unit, then something is not right...
31 Mar 2017, 15:13 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

What's wrong with the standard 75mm sherman? If you've ever looked at its stats it kicks ass. 160 pen on AP going against the 180 of ostheer p4 and 234 of OKW. 89% chance to pen the ostheer p4 from the front, 0.50 accuracy debuff on ostheer tanks compared to the 0.75 of the USF for moving accuracy which is exponentially better and can repair itself. Then you have the HE which are more than effective when dealing with infantry. If it wasn't for the cromwell and T34 series overshadowing the 75mm sherman people would question why the hell the ostheer p4 costs more.
31 Mar 2017, 15:34 PM

What's wrong with the standard 75mm sherman? If you've ever looked at its stats it kicks ass. 160 pen on AP going against the 180 of ostheer p4 and 234 of OKW. 89% chance to pen the ostheer p4 from the front, 0.50 accuracy debuff on ostheer tanks compared to the 0.75 of the USF for moving accuracy which is exponentially better and can repair itself. Then you have the HE which are more than effective when dealing with infantry. If it wasn't for the cromwell and T34 series overshadowing the 75mm sherman people would question why the hell the ostheer p4 costs more.

Yeah, I know right?
Shermans are fine, the longer barrel on the likes of the E8 is cool but, the Regular gets the job done and is easier to mass! Which is where Shermans start to wipe everything in sight or swarm enemy armor.
31 Mar 2017, 15:37 PM

First of all shermans penetration is 140 and they buffed it from 120 pen to 140 second the 76mm gun itso ne round is good vs infrantry exremly good vs medium tanks and its reload time its crazy can kill an OKW panzer iv with half health
31 Mar 2017, 15:39 PM

Yeah, I know right?
Shermans are fine, the longer barrel on the likes of the E8 is cool but, the Regular gets the job done and is easier to mass! Which is where Shermans start to wipe everything in sight or swarm enemy armor.
if USF gets the sherman 76 mm gun they will have the stronger medium tnak but the weaker tank desroyer and dude have you seen shermans 76 mm gun reload time it Overwelms OKW p4 at half health the weh Panzer iv its breakfast
31 Mar 2017, 15:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2017, 14:40 PMGarrett

USF the worst faction. Oh yeah, tell me more. And if all it takes to make a totally weak faction (in your opinion) to a decent faction by adding one unit, then something is not right...
So yeah if you even add one thing the whole faction changes cuz sherman 76 mm gun Overwelms OKW p4 and kills it in half health and Weh p4 its breakfast in front of its reload time and more chances of penetration cuz of the lack of armor skirts and british forces have to go two ways defensive and mobility USF nothing riflemen riflemen zooks zooks
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 47
United States 17
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak