Login

russian armor

Royal Artillery Regiment

7 Mar 2017, 22:27 PM

The ranger of the valentine Radar and of the 251/20 is the same (120 if i am not mistaken). The cone of the valentine is massively bigger.
8 Mar 2017, 01:18 AM
Donator 33

The cone is larger, but the sweep for both is more than adequate to reveal a front line. Still not the basis to nerf the already not amazing valentine. Its not a proper medium, its current state has it in a supporting infantry role, where it should stay. This commander is a one trick pony already. OK tank, OK mobile arty the only above OK is the artillery with no line of sight. so remains, not a spammable tank in current state and if your opponent is building more than one and you cant kill them, there's a bigger problem.
8 Mar 2017, 09:48 AM

The point was never about nerfing the Valentine but the exact opposite. Imo Valentine should be buffed by lowering the pop cap and probably the CP for start.

But in order to do that one has to reduce the utility of the unit. Currently the unit is one of best crushers in the game, can create smoke screen, has radar and can increase the range of the Sexton by +240. If the unit was also average/good at fighting the unit would be OP.

The simplest way to that is to make "observation mode" an upgrade similar to "command vehicle" but limited to 1 and to Valentines.

The one can balance the Valentines as a normal medium/light vehicle and add penalties to upgrade if it is needed.
8 Mar 2017, 13:29 PM
Donator 11

I feel that ballance discussion derails this gameplay thread. It is in gameplay section becouse it's about using the commander, not about changing it.
8 Mar 2017, 19:13 PM

I feel that ballance discussion derails this gameplay thread. It is in gameplay section becouse it's about using the commander, not about changing it.

Yeah but it's been derailed pretty hard at this point. Might as well let it run as a balance discussion and move it to balance now.
8 Mar 2017, 19:49 PM
Donator 33

Vipper your trying to hide a nerf with a buff that isn't needed, Brits have mediums. Valentine, in its present form is fine if its crushing infantry it going to be met by a P4 very very soon. For the value the commander currently offers, to harass OKW trucks in the later game it does that job and just that job well. + 240 range sexton is hardly a problem either, as the unit is rarley seen for its normal range. Also to use said ability the Valentine with its low HP and armor must go in to deploy the ability.
8 Mar 2017, 20:14 PM
Donator 11

Yeah but it's been derailed pretty hard at this point. Might as well let it run as a balance discussion and move it to balance now.

It has some nice and up to date gameplay related posts at the beginning. I wouldn't doom it with a ballance section stigma. Mods should split it into two threads IMO.
8 Mar 2017, 23:51 PM

Vipper your trying to hide a nerf with a buff that isn't needed, Brits have mediums. Valentine, in its present form is fine if its crushing infantry it going to be met by a P4 very very soon. For the value the commander currently offers, to harass OKW trucks in the later game it does that job and just that job well. + 240 range sexton is hardly a problem either, as the unit is rarley seen for its normal range. Also to use said ability the Valentine with its low HP and armor must go in to deploy the ability.

That sentence makes very little sense, but I also sense that there is little chance of communicating so I will leave it to that.

The commander has 2 good abilities "Early warning" and "Concentration barrage" (only if you pick hammer).

Valentine can be used mostly for the Radar or for providing a smoke screen. If one want to use it in fight better to used it for "crushing".

Sexton tents to fire with little angular scatter but it has rather low range.

Perimeter over-watch is a waste of MU imo.
9 Mar 2017, 02:03 AM
Donator 33

So, still an ok commander, and turning the valentine into a proper medium would serve no purpose.
9 Mar 2017, 04:02 AM

It has some nice and up to date gameplay related posts at the beginning. I wouldn't doom it with a ballance section stigma. Mods should split it into two threads IMO.

Yeah it would be nice if we could keep discussing the gameplay points. I will say it's almost entirely my fault that the thread turned into a balance discussion because I think at some point I suggested possibly buffing the valentine, which then prompted the last few pages. Sidenote: it's really really nice having a regular old smokescreen as brits with the valentine ability. I don't use it much, but I really appreciate having it around, as I don't ever build pits and would otherwise have to rely exclusively on snipers or sextons for garrison/mg clearing duty. Especially those rare instances where the game goes so long that upgrading grenades on infantry sections is worth it (you know, 40+ mins and 300 fuel/500 muni float, those games).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 72
Poland 9

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment