Login

russian armor

Artillery Field officer

13 Feb 2017, 18:30 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2017, 17:40 PMDomine
I would like to give the same treatment to the OKW Sturm officer

No veterancy bonuses and all infantry units retreat when the officer get's killed :snfCHVGame:
13 Feb 2017, 18:49 PM

He isn't terrible, but he isn't all that great either.
13 Feb 2017, 19:59 PM

+1 on shared vet.
This unit is sadly one of the most underused IMO.
It is however great in comp stomp, when you unleash WWI style artillery on the main base sector.

The inspire is quite useful in team games tho
13 Feb 2017, 20:18 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Btw: victor target PW has more rockets right ?
13 Feb 2017, 23:50 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

They both have a salvo of 10.

However, an indirect buff would be to make T4 more accessible. People love avoiding cool downs such as the incendiary sniper shot. The same thing can be done with the barrage. I have done this before in a 1v1 and it was very strong.

Also, the aura ability is really good for Ostruppen.
nee
14 Feb 2017, 09:31 AM

This unit seems to function well only when synergized with other units. Unfortunately, its trying to fill many roles at once as a result, so it's not very useful most of the time. What Relic seemed to have in mind for this unit is a spellcaster type, but because he's meant to do so many things, the unit does them all but poorly.
Unlike Sturmoffizier, he's less powerful due to pistol and the squad cannot pick up any weapons, so he's not combat effective.
The unit confers a buff to nearby infantry only temporarily and at munitions cost, that's pretty much the best thing about him, but Sturmoffizier is way better at it, and is a combat effective unit.
The coordinate barrage requires having any artillery units within range, so he's like a Valentine tank.

And of course being a unit that's found in multiple commanders "fixing" him isn't easy: buff him and it might make one commander OP while doing nothing for another.

Personally, looking over the multiple commanders he comes in, I think a start is to actually remove him from some commanders, like Assault Support, and replace it with something else. In this case, Sprint, which is 0CP. All other 1CP abilities seem out of place or would make the commander OP.
14 Feb 2017, 09:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Feb 2017, 09:31 AMnee
All other 1CP abilities seem out of place or would make the commander OP.

Gief smoke so I can retreat my opel blitz. :snfQuinn:
14 Feb 2017, 09:49 AM

Best thing is, that this unit can not even pick up supply crated dropped by abilities lol
14 Feb 2017, 10:29 AM

All Victor barrage get more range as gar as I know but not more salvo.
14 Feb 2017, 10:33 AM

also for comparison.. The air landing officer ablity is 15 munis (i think) but gives insane powerfull aura.

"Affected squads within a 20 meter radius will sprint. -75% received accuracy, -20% cool-down, and +40% accuracy". HOLY SHIT !!

Even at vet3 the ost officers abilty is no where near as powerfull as this and still costs more.
14 Feb 2017, 11:54 AM

There is that little voice inside my head, that direly wants to prevent any buff to this unit. We're (again/still, whatever you prefer) playing Company of Artillery already, and it ain't funny anymore. In 1v1, mortars are a helpful tool and almost all larger artillery is rarely useful enough to be built. Even in 2v2 (and certainly above) this changes drastically. Suddenly, the team that can dig in better and counter hostile artillery better has a massively heightened chance to win, when replacing units faster and keeping your artillery alive become the most important aspects of the game.

Buffing the Artillerieoffizier would only create more problems and increase the current artillery gameplay, which is something that should be avoided at all costs, no matter the price.

What I would much rather like to see, is this unit being completely reworked into a "normal" officer that is meant to directly support infantry. That could also introduce some very new and interesting abilities, like paying some ammo to drop a "weapons crate" similar to the first aid supplies of Sturmpioneers, that could be picked up by another squad, which gives said squad access to smoke grenades (single use only?) or other weaponry.
14 Feb 2017, 19:34 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Feb 2017, 10:33 AMSmaug
also for comparison.. The air landing officer ablity is 15 munis (i think) but gives insane powerfull aura.

"Affected squads within a 20 meter radius will sprint. -75% received accuracy, -20% cool-down, and +40% accuracy". HOLY SHIT !!

Even at vet3 the ost officers abilty is no where near as powerfull as this and still costs more.

iirc this is being fixed in WBP as a bug because it is insane.
14 Feb 2017, 20:23 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Feb 2017, 19:34 PMTobis

iirc this is being fixed in WBP as a bug because it is insane.

I remembered that too, but I can't find it anymore and am fearing the worst.

For real, you don't need a scope to see the problem there. The glaucoma-afflicted could probably pick it out :p
15 Feb 2017, 08:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Feb 2017, 20:23 PMVuther

I remembered that too, but I can't find it anymore and am fearing the worst.

Hmmmm... I really am wondering why all the "good stuff" for the Brits stays the same

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★