Login

russian armor

Make War Not Love 4

20 Feb 2017, 14:59 PM

Ah, then I must have misunderstood something :)
20 Feb 2017, 19:56 PM

Ok, we lost but if we had won we would get "NEW DLC" they said. But I don't think that they have NEW DLC and won't release it because we lost. They will release it but with a price tag. If they don't, they are stupid and if this new DLC is the southern Fronts, then they are stupider than I thought.
20 Feb 2017, 20:00 PM

Ok, we lost but if we had won we would get "NEW DLC" they said. But I don't think that they have NEW DLC and won't release it because we lost. They will release it but with a price tag. If they don't, they are stupid and if this new DLC is the southern Fronts, then they are stupider than I thought.

That is not how this works. This is marketing, the winner is determined long before the event starts. CoH2 won while it still needed to generate attention due to upcoming content. DoW2 won when PR around DoW3 was important. Now its all about Total War of course. There is no new DLC for CoH2.
20 Feb 2017, 20:07 PM

That is not how this works. This is marketing, the winner is determined long before the event starts. CoH2 won while it still needed to generate attention due to upcoming content. DoW2 won when PR around DoW3 was important. Now its all about Total War of course. There is no new DLC for CoH2.

If this is true then the gaming industry is in a much more wrong path then I thought it was.
20 Feb 2017, 21:18 PM

what you wrote make sense but remember! This is Relic we are talking about, no logic applies
20 Feb 2017, 21:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Feb 2017, 21:18 PMStark

what you wrote make sense but remember! This is Relic we are talking about, no logic applies

1st stop blaming Relic for something they have zero control about. It was Sega event.

Also coh2 missteps mostly weren´t mistakes of relic, they were hurried to release new game. THQ bancropcy and all ...
20 Feb 2017, 23:00 PM

Permanently Banned
We are winners of hearts :clap: but i have same opinion, SEGA make total war winner,coz relic dont have DLC Dellluminati.
20 Feb 2017, 23:33 PM

1st stop blaming Relic for something they have zero control about. It was Sega event.

Also coh2 missteps mostly weren´t mistakes of relic, they were hurried to release new game. THQ bancropcy and all ...

I am speaking for myself and I am saying that I don't care who's fault it is, it's a disgrace if they don't deliver anyway. Win or lose.
21 Feb 2017, 01:31 AM
Patrion 26

'awarded new digital content for their title.' assuming we're not all cynical enough to think it was so rigged/one sided that Relic didn't even need to bother making any 'new' DLC for COH2. That means there is some new DLC, and I'm sure SEGA would vomit with rage if they knew DLC was sitting idle not making them rings.

So fingers crossed:
A) it isn't crap
B) They release it soon and it's actually worth buying

I remember the good old days, when MWNL meant new commanders....such wonderful times...
21 Feb 2017, 08:26 AM

We are winners of hearts :clap: but i have same opinion, SEGA make total war winner,coz relic dont have DLC Dellluminati.

I check few times a player "in game" in Total War, CoH2 and DoW2. Total War Warhammer has almost double size playerbase than CoH2. No chance they won't win
21 Feb 2017, 10:24 AM

If this is true then the gaming industry is in a much more wrong path then I thought it was.

Of course it is. Everything in the gaming world is like this. We are not in the 70s/80s anymore where some cool dudes in their garages create cool games only for the fact to have fun.

Currently EVERYTHING is about money. You can think of any detail you want, this single detail is the way it is because of money.

A CoH2 example: Why is the Brit Comet and the Land Mattress out of the Scope for the Winter Balance patch? Not because they are fine, but because the Brits themselves are a DLC faction that brings money. And the land mattress is an additional DLC that brings even more money. They know that every game in 2v2 and upwards is determined by late game artillery like LM and Calliope.

"Veteran" players that play CoH2 for a long time are not interesting for publishers, besides people like HelpingHans that promote their game for free. If they invite Hans to their HQ for the MLNW event, it's not because they are nice guys, but because they know that Hans will promote them for that. They usually have all the ingame content and are just playing for fun. But if a new player gets the game and sees that it is much more comfortable to win when buying the Brits and also buying the LM commander, then the publisher is content because of $$$.

This is the only reason behind it, you can't blame Relic for that because they only play after the rules of their publisher SEGA. And game publishers are almost all the time greedy guys that don't give a single fuck for the game as long as it generates money.

See this perfect Southpark example for Electronic Arts (EA):

21 Feb 2017, 11:13 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2017, 08:26 AMStark

I check few times a player "in game" in Total War, CoH2 and DoW2. Total War Warhammer has almost double size playerbase than CoH2. No chance they won't win

Coz we have traitors in community, Hans, Dane and another who play total war :snfAmi:.
21 Feb 2017, 13:56 PM

Ok, i got an E-mail from SEGA that says that we (COH 2 + Total War Warhammer) won the 4th challenge. And what do we get?

:hyper::crazy::hyper:

1) Comix Zone, i'm ok with that (its meh but it is a full game i think)
2) Total War Rome II: Blood and Gore, WTF? I dont even have this game and i get a DLC.
3) Total War Attila: Blood and Burning, WTF again. Same as above.
4) Shogun 2 Blood Pack, WTF the 3rd. Same as above.

:clap::clap::clap:

:hansGG: Relic/SEGA

I/we got :hansREKT:

P.S. Dont take this post to seriously, was a small rant but i know better then that :D
21 Feb 2017, 14:13 PM

well written, but its not just about 'modern' gaming industry. its about everything. the entire world is just about money, and i dont think it has ever been different..
21 Feb 2017, 15:54 PM

Of course it is. Everything in the gaming world is like this. We are not in the 70s/80s anymore where some cool dudes in their garages create cool games only for the fact to have fun.

Currently EVERYTHING is about money. You can think of any detail you want, this single detail is the way it is because of money.

A CoH2 example: Why is the Brit Comet and the Land Mattress out of the Scope for the Winter Balance patch? Not because they are fine, but because the Brits themselves are a DLC faction that brings money. And the land mattress is an additional DLC that brings even more money. They know that every game in 2v2 and upwards is determined by late game artillery like LM and Calliope.

"Veteran" players that play CoH2 for a long time are not interesting for publishers, besides people like HelpingHans that promote their game for free. If they invite Hans to their HQ for the MLNW event, it's not because they are nice guys, but because they know that Hans will promote them for that. They usually have all the ingame content and are just playing for fun. But if a new player gets the game and sees that it is much more comfortable to win when buying the Brits and also buying the LM commander, then the publisher is content because of $$$.

This is the only reason behind it, you can't blame Relic for that because they only play after the rules of their publisher SEGA. And game publishers are almost all the time greedy guys that don't give a single fuck for the game as long as it generates money.

See this perfect Southpark example for Electronic Arts (EA):

While I agree with almost everything here, there are exceptions to this rule. There are quite a few indie one man / small team developers who are making games nowadays for the love of it, with the monetary rewards being secondary. Dwarf Fortress is a prime example, free to play, no nickel and diming, but there are many others.

EA was a decent company when it was founded also. The almost inevitable evolution in game software companies is they start with a passion for making great games in their particular genre. Have some success, expand, then marketing, share prices, bonuses, targets, overheads, takeovers, publishers etc invade the creative process eventually leading to cash cow repetitive games, DLC bloat, P2W mechanics etc.
21 Feb 2017, 22:10 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

EA was a decent company when it was founded also. The almost inevitable evolution in game software companies is they start with a passion for making great games in their particular genre. Have some success, expand, then marketing, share prices, bonuses, targets, overheads, takeovers, publishers etc invade the creative process eventually leading to cash cow repetitive games, DLC bloat, P2W mechanics etc.

It's like that with everything in life, really.
Law of entropy, and of course no easy way to put it back without massive core changes.
nee
4 Mar 2017, 10:59 AM

Whatever it was for grand prize, it wouldn't have been super. The grand prize for Total War wasn't exactly stellar either.

And if they lost and it was for DLC, lol no one would be into that. They'd be moving FLC character into DLC, which would be madness.

So I say it was rigged from the start. The runner up prizes might not have been though, as they're all older previous DLC content.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 42
Germany 6
Korea, Republic Of 1
Germany 43

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %