Login

russian armor

203 howi needs buff

7 Feb 2017, 19:03 PM

i just played a few games with 203.. i was really upset that it has NO AOE damage... i hit a shot between 2 pumas. maybe like a inch away from both light tanks... and guess what... only like 20% health got taken away from them... imo it was so close they should have both died... but it didnt do anything... with all the scatter it has, its never going to hit anything.... and when u get really close to target it have small effect.....the howi cost-20- POPCAP!!!!! 203 has no use any more.. u hurt urself more by buying it... it needs to be what it used to be with out precise shot...
7 Feb 2017, 19:28 PM

Pffff, u wrong. B-4 is still OP. Need to know how use that power...
7 Feb 2017, 20:20 PM

203 howi? Pls name it B-4 or Stalin's Hammer next time
7 Feb 2017, 20:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Feb 2017, 19:28 PMVeivam
Pffff, u wrong. B-4 is still OP. Need to know how use that power...

Explain how then, I´m really courious
7 Feb 2017, 20:33 PM

OP how? if u hit next to a unit..its just gna tickle.. i just tested it again and it has no AOE dmg. only if it hits direct it will cause some damage. sometimes still not get a kill with direct hit... out of how many shots is it going to hit where u want it? not very often. and if it hits close to target. the target dont take damage cuz no AOE. 122 and 152 howi are alot more useful.
7 Feb 2017, 20:51 PM

You know how to make B-4 better? Make KV1s not suck so the commander is actually worth picking in competitive play.

Or just bring back precision shot but make it cost 150-200 Muni :P

Far as I know the AoE has never been nerfed on B-4 so yeah... it's fine as the RNG cannon that it is. If you think B4 AoE is bad then I can't imagine what you think about the British 25 Pounders that loft pillows at the Nazis instead of shells.
7 Feb 2017, 21:48 PM

The dream would be precision shot and swap KV-1 for unlock T34-85s in T4.

Wait.... was this a thread on how to break the game? my bad
7 Feb 2017, 21:51 PM

It's shit.

It's only useful when shooting at tank so close that you cannot miss.
Otherwise it's just wasted MP and pop cap 9/10 times.

Long time ago I made a thread with some propositions like 3 shells / each 240 damage with bigger AoE than ML-20 or keep it as it is but add quite long red suppression for units nearby.

Oh, and direct shot has to go through obstacles.
7 Feb 2017, 22:36 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Halve damage, two shells with a long reload between each shell. Anymore and it's simply firing 24/7.
aaa
7 Feb 2017, 22:55 PM

Diferent balance between 1v1 and team is unavoidable. Any decent 1v1 B4 would make it op in 2v2+ bs.
9 Feb 2017, 03:42 AM

Halve damage, two shells with a long reload between each shell. Anymore and it's simply firing 24/7.

yo wizard tell me how much AOE buff will make 203 where it should be?im thinking like 10% atleast
9 Feb 2017, 06:34 AM

I think halving damage and also reload time would be better. Thank this unit will be A) more micro intensive
B) player will be able to chose where second shot lands, there is small chance that anything will stay in artillery range for another 20 seconds after first shot lands there
MMX
9 Feb 2017, 11:30 AM

i'd rather give the b4 a slight popcap (and maybe price) reduction instead of adjusting damage or aoe. the huge pop is IMHO what cripples it the most, at least from a 1v1 perspective
9 Feb 2017, 14:06 PM
Donator 33

Keep the terrible accuracy it was given appropriately after precision strike days boost AOE and decrease shell travel speed to allow mobile players to displace. Suddenly changing this units theme is what made it so useles. Big punch with time to move will bring back Stalin's sledgehammer rightfully so after all other Howitzers got tweaked.
9 Feb 2017, 20:08 PM
Patrion 310

If you manage to get it to Vet 2 and have LOS (either from recon, or from units) then it isn't too bad and does fare quite well vs JT, KT & Ele. Its often pretty hard work getting it to vet 2 however due to the huge rng of it. Some times you will fire 1 shot and get instant vet 2 and others you might fire 5 - 10.

Second issue is that all the while the 1 click wipe that is stuka dive bomb exists, its useless (along with its vet).

Doctrine as a whole is OK imo. FMR is still useful after the nerf, if only for the run speed. KV-1 does need some love, starting with its old ROF back.
10 Feb 2017, 02:14 AM

I made the following suggestion a long time ago but it didn't get any traction. It's kind of similar to your proposal.

Change the LeFH, ML-20, and B4 to 320 mp, 12 pop cap
shells:
LeFH - 4 shells, 150 damage at center
ML-20 - 3 shells, 200 damage at center
B4 - 1 shell, 600 damage at center (yes, it wouldn't 1-shot a full-health medium)

Revert the AOE of the howitzers to what they were a year ago (don't remember exact ranges). The current AOE is too small to provide any reliable damage. Give BB4 largest AOE, followed by ML-20, then LeFH.

vet abilities: smoke, artillery flare, -15% cooldown at vet 3 (don't bring back precision strike)

give regular shells suppression (but not enough to insta-pin), smoke would be smoke only

Make it so gun can't be destroyed while weapon is crewed, and keep the restriction on not being able to build in base.

This would greatly cut the number of shells while only slightly cutting pop cap to discourage building too many of them (could also put a limit of 2). It indirectly nerfs the counter (stuka dive bomb, IL2 precision strike) by having it affect a unit that is only half as valuable.

The old ML-20 used to be great for punishing blobbers. The current one is RNG garbage.
15 Feb 2017, 18:48 PM

what if we get the old 203 back with more reload time? or higher price. anything do it don't suck
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★