Login

russian armor

What went wrong?

4 Feb 2017, 13:57 PM

I play as the USF. I went to the early game going for the cutoff. Then mid game where I secured a lot of wipes on his units and weapon teams alike(I even built a Pack Howie because I don't know what to do with that much manpower). Though the Stuart could use a little more finesse I think. Then the late game is when I started faltering. Obers at vet 3+ are batshit OP with insta suppress on the move which I was caught by surprise(never saw Obers past vet 1 honestly). Not to mention the Command Panther which were causing problems with Pershing. I can't get a Jackson due to the CQC nature of the map. His Shwerer perfectly covers the mid VP behind a shotblocker(I know that the AT gun will hit the building in front of it instead. So in the lategame I lost my pershing and Sherman due to combined assault of the OKW with his Obers suppressing everyone they see and Mark Target on my Pershing.

TL;DR = What could I do to become better? What mistakes did I made?
4 Feb 2017, 14:14 PM

Will watch this shortly.
4 Feb 2017, 16:25 PM

You basically lost because you (1) didn't counter the Schwerer (which led to having to deal with Obersoldaten and the KT), and (2) you didn't plant a single mine, even though you could've done it even easier than usual as you had Heavy Cavalry Company = Riflemen to plant them.

Here are some highlights in chronological order:

* You played perfectly in early game with your infantry and it all looked fine up to minute 12 when you lost your Stuart. It happened because you let it get fausted and then didn't cover it with infantry against Raketenwerfers, which you know you should expect to be lurking around in/out of camo;

* Minute 18: 1,000+MP float but no fuel caches on three vital cutoff points. You had two caches on other points, but this map is all about cutoffs so if you have MP to cache as many of them as possible, it will make the opponent's cutoff play that much more difficult, + that fuel would've helped you get more armour;

* The moment you found the Schwerer behind the building, you knew you had two tools useful for bringing it down: Major arty (which you used on units like the flak 251, which was a bit bizarre) and off-map smoke, which would've helped you get right on top of it with your Major+Captain+Sherman; You didn't attempt this even once;

* Minute 22: You didn't destroy the abandoned Raketenwerfer and LeIG weapons after clearing them with your Sherman;

* Minute 23: You lost Riflemen to nades even though it was the only engagement happening on the map;

* You were too passive with all of your armoured units -- you had infantry to support them for pushes at various points of the match against flak 251, Command Panther and Schwerer, but instead you sat back and only used infantry in other parts of the map;

* Minute 29: Didn't use attack ground with either the 57mm or Pershing to kill the flak 251 obscured by smoke. You dropped another Major arty on there instead, which will rarely come in time to kill vehicles.

In conclusion, you played very well in the early game but didn't create opportunities with mines and didn't kill the Schwerer, meaning your opponent only had to wait for the KT to seal the attrition game. I actually didn't think the Obersoldaten were that much of an issue for you, but one thing that would've made it easier against them was back-teching to Lieutenant and getting an HMG. Finally, I disagree that CQC nature of this map would've made Jackson irrelevant -- you and your opponent used your tanks in many engagements where CQC wasn't an issue. A Jackson could've enabled you to kill the Command Panther/Schwerer instead of having to wait for 13CP and Pershing.
4 Feb 2017, 18:06 PM

Torniks, you are only ranked in 1v1 axis at rank 1012. (didn't know that it was possible to go so low tho).

you might let the place to people with more knowledge, just saying.
4 Feb 2017, 18:21 PM

Torniks, you are only ranked in 1v1 axis at rank 1012. (didn't know that it was possible to go so low tho).

Your reply is really arrogant.

Since there are 3000 People in the ladder why would it not be possible to be "that low".

Instead of calling the guy a noob and saying he shouldn´t comment on other peoples comments like you, I applaud him for taking the time to watch and reply.
4 Feb 2017, 18:23 PM

Thanks. Few questions though:

1. Three cutoff points? Which ones should I cache up?

2. I was worried about the Command Panther with Mark Target would obliterate my Pershing and I didn't think the Sherman would stand up to it. Does suppression affect the Major's arty call in range? I thought of that but I was scared of losing the Major doing so.

3. How much health does the vet 0/2 barrages from the Major take from the Schwer respectively?
4 Feb 2017, 18:54 PM

Your reply is really arrogant.

Since there are 3000 People in the ladder why would it not be possible to be "that low".

Instead of calling the guy a noob and saying he shouldn´t comment on other peoples comments like you, I applaud him for taking the time to watch and reply.

don't missunderstand me.

i appreciate that he takes time to watch the replay of the other guy but what i'm saying is that maybe, as a very low player, his advise could be wrong and lead the other guy into the wrong direction.

notice the 'maybe'.
4 Feb 2017, 19:01 PM

If you want to debate whether I gave wrong advice and pointed out wrong things, feel free to watch the replay and correct me. Otherwise, that reply has no relevance to this.
4 Feb 2017, 19:14 PM

Three cutoff points? Which ones should I cache up?

Does suppression affect the Major's arty call in range?

These were the three cutoffs with no caches as you floated 1k MP. Otherwise, in general it's best to cache up the ones you can defend better, or if there's one critical cutoff (like the one next to the bridge, out of the southern HQ on Semosky). Depends on map.

The suppression from the Schwere? If you had used offmap arty that Schwere wouldn't have been able to fire at your Major at all as you dropped arty on it.
4 Feb 2017, 21:39 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Hey guys,

A) On the on hand ofc it makes a difference, if you are top 100 or top 1000, but on the other hand, you still can have the gameknowledge. Because to be top 100 you must have both. Gameknowledge and micro/macro.

So you can be a good teacher, trainer, but a bad player :)

B) About OKW t4. It can't focusfire. Means, when you tank the flakfire with another unit, the player can't swich the focus from it to your major, paks etc.

C) Pls only use the word cutoff, when it is really a cutoff! If not, its a normal capture point, or strategic point.

On this map you have a cutoff for your fuel( the top one in the picture), and the second one is for the right side, where the muni is( the right one). The left one is no cutoff!

5 Feb 2017, 00:06 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

don't missunderstand me.

i appreciate that he takes time to watch the replay of the other guy but what i'm saying is that maybe, as a very low player, his advise could be wrong and lead the other guy into the wrong direction.

notice the 'maybe'.

I dont agree.
He's very intelligent for his rank, he's very clear and concise with his advice, well written, and he's timely with his replies.

If you believe otherwise, feel free to PM me. :^)
5 Feb 2017, 11:14 AM

Wow.
5 Feb 2017, 14:40 PM

Invissed a troll post.
5 Feb 2017, 14:43 PM
Senior Referee Badge

Keep up the good work Torniks :D
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L