Login

russian armor

Stuka dive bomb

4 Feb 2017, 15:09 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Feb 2017, 00:26 AMVaz
what was the buff?

Thx to Cruzz post (ninjas on brits release) which later send me to Smith post (https://www.coh2.org/topic/53665/rebalancing-the-stuka-dive-bomb)

-Stuka bomb strike aoe distance from 3.75/5.625/7.5 to 3.75/7.5/11.25, mid damage from 0.15 to 0.35 (large buff)
-It seeems it added death critical on damage (so it's the same been near or far away from the explosion).

-Pre ninja buff: lethal range 6.5
-After ninja buff: lethal range 15

But seriously, all that needs to be done is make it impossible to be dropped in the base sector....et voila, we're good.

If the Stuka Dive Bomb wasn't UP before, and nobody ever asked for a buff, why did it merit a 5-times increase of the killing area?
4 Feb 2017, 15:36 PM

Not enough for crew weapons when consider huge AoE.
Timer has 10secs, but bomb lands around 13secs.
You can hear sound around 6-7sec (which leaves 9sec to land)
Then you have 2-3sec to find where it's gonna hit and move units out (6sec before land)
If you used for this 4sec you are doomed thanks to huge AoE.

For units like pack howie it is insta death 9/10 times.

Yeah but we have more big problems like CalliOPe and LM which instawipe your troops although retreat when hear the voices. Rockets arrive too fast and u cant do anything most of time.
Vaz
4 Feb 2017, 16:14 PM

abuse is ok, because something else abuses more

make coh2 great again!
4 Feb 2017, 21:54 PM

I still dont get why it is allowed to bomb the HQ. Can anybody explain?
4 Feb 2017, 22:03 PM

Yeah but we have more big problems like CalliOPe and LM which instawipe your troops although retreat when hear the voices. Rockets arrive too fast and u cant do anything most of time.

Make your own damn thread if your want to go off topic.
5 Feb 2017, 08:19 AM

Stuka dive bomb balances unfair bullshitwhipe scales between allies and axis. Working as intended.
5 Feb 2017, 08:37 AM

Don't retreat the full blob. No one will waste 160 ammo for 1 or 2 units.
5 Feb 2017, 10:51 AM

what if stuka plane cause a shadow on the ground ?

oh i forget that they pretending that a plane were there
5 Feb 2017, 21:54 PM

its a guessing game. your support weapons are what is targeted 1st. even so if u know where its going land. good players can anticipate u will move your units back and not place the stuka directly on the unit. you cant see if u moving towards it or away from it.

which is what makes it so broken. it needs flares for sure.
5 Feb 2017, 22:06 PM

most op offmap in game, that wipe blast is ridiculus like mini nuke but OK lets say noise is loud and u can always put your major in base sector lol for that cost its just joke meantime soviet sturmovik bombing run is dead by commadners and shwerer hq i guess
5 Feb 2017, 23:06 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Feb 2017, 08:37 AMLoxley
Don't retreat the full blob. No one will waste 160 ammo for 1 or 2 units.

On 4v4 it might not be as impactful to wipe a unit or 2. But on lower modes it does (although it's easier to dodge it on them). 90muni (demo) for a single squad is worth. If that Stuka kills something key such as a pak line, it's totally worth the cost.

Anyway, if we could just rollback the unnecessary ninja overbuff, the ability would be back to been fine.

PD: IB4 XYZ is OP. Then just make a thread about it.
PD2: I want to see someone try to justify an increase of 5 times in the deadly zone (for infantry), when the ability was already strong and balanced.
Vaz
6 Feb 2017, 00:01 AM

I agree, I would like to see the ninja buff rolled back first before anything else is done. It always felt cheap before, but lately it's just been on a different level of cheese.
6 Feb 2017, 05:03 AM

what if stuka plane cause a shadow on the ground ?

oh i forget that they pretending that a plane were there

Some people like me played on Ultra low setting XD
6 Feb 2017, 15:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Feb 2017, 00:01 AMVaz
I agree, I would like to see the ninja buff rolled back first before anything else is done. It always felt cheap before, but lately it's just been on a different level of cheese.

The question is, if this ability is being cheesed because it works so well, or because it is the only one that works reasonably compared to the others available to the player using it. The Stuka bomb always seemed like a crutch to me, not an independently occurring phenomenon - it is always used overly often, when otherwise Ostheer seems to be struggling. Kind of like a go-to drug whenever the "addict" can't get his fix by other means.

Especially compared to American and British call-in arty, everything besides the Stuka bomb that can be called in by Ostheer players is underwhelming at best, or utterly useless. That doesn't justify the Stuka bomb#s current status of course, but it should be set in relation. It should of course be nerfed to a reasonable degree, but doing so without correcting the mistakes that led us here will make things only worse.

P.S.: And no, the existence of demo charges does not justify the Stuka bomb being OP (this is not directed at you, Vaz, just to the other people in this thread who brought this up). It is of course something that also needs to be looked at, but it is of no concern to the Stuka bomb whether demo charges exist and whether or not either of those two is OP.
6 Feb 2017, 17:22 PM

Especially compared to American and British call-in arty, everything besides the Stuka bomb that can be called in by Ostheer players is underwhelming at best, or utterly useless. That doesn't justify the Stuka bomb#s current status of course, but it should be set in relation. It should of course be nerfed to a reasonable degree, but doing so without correcting the mistakes that led us here will make things only worse.

BS, the CAS loiter for 200 ammo is one of the best offmaps in the game, put that into relation with the P47 attack. The relation between the stuka bomb and the british air supremacy is already linked above. The german light artillery barrage may not be as strong as it's allied counterpart, but it's cheaper, can still destroy artillery in 1 go and comes down faster.

Each offmap strike packs quite the punch, however they all come with a an obvious warning which significantly reduces casualties by those weapons. The stuka bomb is the exception, for no reason.
6 Feb 2017, 17:26 PM

If we ever hope of creating enough room for strategic diversity, crutch units and crutch abilities need to be taken down a peg or two.

Otherwise, the game will remain in the "every faction has stuff they can (AKA must) abuse in order to remain competitive"-state that it is now.
6 Feb 2017, 17:37 PM

please lower costs of stuka bomb + increase its area of damage to become balanced
6 Feb 2017, 17:49 PM

If we ever hope of creating enough room for strategic diversity, crutch units and crutch abilities need to be taken down a peg or two.

Otherwise, the game will remain in the "every faction has stuff they can (AKA must) abuse in order to remain competitive"-state that it is now.

Does this means stuka will lose its uniquess of noise and no smoke or will be toned down to normal level ?
6 Feb 2017, 18:04 PM

Does this means stuka will lose its uniquess of noise and no smoke or will be toned down to normal level ?

I didn't say homogenise. I just said giving the complete bullshit abilities/units some downsides, too.
6 Feb 2017, 19:45 PM

The Stuka dive bomb is, and has been, over performing for quite some time. In the next patch it will no longer be allowed in base sectors, but its ability to wipe infantry units and destroy arty in one shot needs to be addressed. If it occurred rarely (huge cool downs), or did much less but cost less, these would seem to be ways of making it interesting. The fact that it decaps points should be an interesting point about this ability, but it is so widely used as a cheesy wipe mechanic that you often don't see its diversity.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 91
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment