Login

russian armor

What thing that they patched out do you miss the most?

3 Feb 2017, 08:40 AM

Hmmm, are you sure this wasn't just a model glitch of some sort?

Yes I am sure it wasn´t just a model glitch. Since it happened to many vehicles in the Alpha. This in combination with the multitude of different damage possibilities that vehicles could get that they cut, shows that they aimed for a more in depth damage model.

Anyhow, is it just me or did the game play a lot better back then, and it looked better, I don't know how to explain it exactly but I'd rather play the Alpha than the current version for some odd reason.

I agree, it looked and sounded way better, apart from the horrible green friendly hud.
3 Feb 2017, 12:00 PM

Old jeagers with 4 g43's, 221s, Blizzards, old SU85, old pwerfer, 120mp osttruppen with 150% capture rate, 2nd version of soviet imdustry and airborne meta
3 Feb 2017, 12:06 PM

I miss the old sounds of Mortar and Guards :/ I miss all old things, like 4 IS2 on the battlefield ...
3 Feb 2017, 13:21 PM

- Old Soviet barbed wire where squads had to crawl under
- 221 which needed 60 munis to become 222s which were still shit
- Sniper Partybus
- Blizzards, including driving over a fireplace for instant engine damage
- Kübels with suppression
- Volksschrecks
- Elite Troops with buyable Vet somehow like KKC from vCoH
- USF instant Vet 2 rifles that came along with the first rifle squad (3 squads after one minute)
- USF having no fucking mortar.
- USF smoke nades that could be shot ON TOP of a vehicle
- Panzergrens being able to upgrade only one shreck
- Good old Soundbug
- SU85 being a uncounterable best unit of the game, sniping tanks and infantry alike
- SU76 being shit
- Panzerwerfer in T3
- Flame HT being able to reinforce still (oh how I miss that)
- Crew inside M3s not taking a single scratch when the vehicle blew up
- Instant engine damage from AT nades/fausts no matter of full HP
- "Cap here" / "Defend here" pings (the are still mentioned in the manual as hotkeys)
- Those cringe videos for Sov/Ost after the game when vicory strikes weren't in the game
- The connection system for OKW from Beta where all HQs had to be connected.
- OKW fuel/ammo distribution
- Crits on flamers that instakilled the flamer thus killing the whole squad (this was stupid but fun)
- LeIG/Pak Howie with suppression
- Buildable Tigers / Elefants (CoH2 Alpha)
- Vehicle blocking OKW wire
- Burning forests on prypjat river after a long fight - The FPS went down to about 5 but damn that looked amazing
- Units chatting with each other way more often
- Female partisans
- Obersoldaten with instant MG34
- British Cancer commander with invincible Sim City
- Uncensored chat (though garden is pretty funny)
- Being able to see the opponent's rank ingame
- Unlockable Commanders / Bulletins (it was unfair but fun)
- Ost Blitzkrieg that transformed all Panthers into Lamborghinis
- OKW HQs with instant Medics / Repair Pios
- Being able to see what the enemy build through the fog of war
- Being able to detect wether a house was taken by an enemy squad (flashing red)
- Deep snow everywhere on winter maps, slowing down everything, even retreating units
- 100 Range Pak43 shooting through walls
- Jagdtiger shooting through walls
- Multiple King Tigers on the field
- Sturmtiger in Mechanized HQ
- CAS doctrine instant ammunition
- Pripyat river in automatch
- Stalingrad in Automatch (instawin for Allies), especially the bug were every 1v1 game was Stalingrad for 2 days.
- Commanders on the right side of the screen under the unit icons (pre Alpha)
- Ost MGs in T1
- First Soviet industry where the German player faced the first T34 after 5(!) minutes

That's not per se a list of everything I am missing, but a list of a lot of things that were changed in CoH but were some kind of funny. Still some were absolut cancer such as the Sniper Partybus but still they are part of CoH2 history.
3 Feb 2017, 14:06 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I missed blizzard so much. This was actually one of the coolest innovations in gameplay. Something new, something different from vCoH. Like TrueSight, like all this little things, which makes winter more real. Now it is in the past.

Also i missed better UI, and better portraits for East factions. I have made some threads to ask Relic to do something with it, but it was screaming on the wall. Some examples, how this portraits looks like:

Here is some screenshots from 2013:

And some old doctrines avatars from 2013:

Except color (red with green), it is looks better for me.

I missed many interesting concepts, which were rejected before alfa or in alfa. They could made CoH 2 like a real new generation of CoH franchise. And i missed many things, which can be in the game (like tactical map with additional buttons to work with it).

Thanks to Mr. Smith, now i have a hope, cause he was a guy, who open road to suggestions from community to the CoH 2. Now, many of them you can find in the WBP ^_^
3 Feb 2017, 14:33 PM

I missed blizzard so much. This was actually one of the coolest innovations in gameplay. Something new, something different from vCoH. Like TrueSight, like all this little things, which makes winter more real. Now it is in the past.

Also i missed better UI, and better portraits for East factions. I have made some threads to ask Relic to do something with it, but it was screaming on the wall. Some examples, how this portraits looks like:

I missed many interesting concepts, which were rejected before alfa or in alfa. They could made CoH 2 like a real new generation of CoH franchise. And i missed many things, which can be in the game (like tactical map with additional buttons to work with it).

Thanks to Mr. Smith, now i have a hope, cause he was a guy, who open road to suggestions from community to the CoH 2. Now, many of them you can find in the WBP ^_^

DEEPLY INDEED!

I miss the same! Can no Mod-Maker do it?
3 Feb 2017, 14:52 PM

It was an interesting concept but implemented extremely poorly.
The goal was to encourage flanks and surprise attacks but in reality you couldn't do anything because moving away from your campfires meant death by freezing for your infantry, leaving your vehicles behind unsupported. So everyone just waited for 2-3 minutes, did nothing ingame, maybe went to the toilet or get something from the fridge.

In addition because of the poor engine of the game, framerates dropped to below 20 fps on even the best high end PCs while a Blizzard occurred.
3 Feb 2017, 15:02 PM

Man Tanks were so much more deadly in alpha than they are now. Infantry can literally walk right up to them now.
3 Feb 2017, 15:20 PM
Donator 11

ostheer team weapons in their initial state :megusta:
3 Feb 2017, 15:24 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Except color (red with green), it is looks better for me....

The UI which you are displaying attracted a lot of criticism in threads like this

https://www.coh2.org/topic/1381/coh2-my-review-of-the-alpha-level-ui

The green colour, in particular, was problematic for those suffering from colorblindness.

I have never liked the way the font for the VP ticker was changed to arial.
3 Feb 2017, 18:02 PM
Donator 11

mg42 supression bulletin...abused it without knowing what got me my +42 streak. :D
Then they said it was OP ...oh okeee ^_^
3 Feb 2017, 18:08 PM

50 man Rear Echelon squads.
3 Feb 2017, 19:37 PM

is it me or game back in alpha was more colorful and had more special effects? and also flamers looked better
3 Feb 2017, 19:43 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

DEEPLY INDEED!

I miss the same! Can no Mod-Maker do it?

It is awkward, but i can't. At least because relic didn't give possibility to edit UI.

The goal was to encourage flanks and surprise attacks but in reality you couldn't do anything because moving away from your campfires meant death by freezing for your infantry, leaving your vehicles behind unsupported. So everyone just waited for 2-3 minutes, did nothing ingame, maybe went to the toilet or get something from the fridge.

In addition because of the poor engine of the game, framerates dropped to below 20 fps on even the best high end PCs while a Blizzard occurred.

Indeed, but idea was great!

The UI which you are displaying attracted a lot of criticism in threads like this

https://www.coh2.org/topic/1381/coh2-my-review-of-the-alpha-level-ui

The green colour, in particular, was problematic for those suffering from colorblindness.

I have never liked the way the font for the VP ticker was changed to arial.

As i have mentioned ^_^:

3 Feb 2017, 20:27 PM
Benefactor 115

Cold Tech

What if cold tech acted more like white phosphorus in that it would reduce squad health levels but you could never loose a squad to it?

I always though that it was an interesting twist, but found it too punishing with my poor multi tasking. Seeing squads freeze to death on retreat was frustrating.
3 Feb 2017, 20:42 PM

Help us, to bring back old UI etc..Old sounds!

Do u know the old mortar & guard sound?

U can hear it at 7.52-8.00 etc. Impressive!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em4fdMCucbw
3 Feb 2017, 20:43 PM

I have deja vu. Every time i see you, you always write bad about brits. Take it cool son.
3 Feb 2017, 23:54 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

They retracted too late from their "every plane tells a story mentality" to actually fix it. It was just easier to remove it.

Yeah, rip optimisation.
4 Feb 2017, 07:54 AM

is it me or game back in alpha was more colorful and had more special effects? and also flamers looked better

I feel the same.
4 Feb 2017, 08:14 AM

and burning entire fortress Kappa

Damn i've miss cold tech so much first unit won't be allow to build fire place during strom then they can yet still have a problem with heavy snow atleast they should have ignore heavy snow for retreating unit

remember when player can get the advantage during strom ? it high risk high reward you rush during strom it better be victory for you or you will be punish from eiter your enemy chasing you with very worm unit or you die to a cold and for the defending guy get to choose between fight with time bomb unit or retreat without dying in a snow

it didn't wasted any time at all you can cap during strom and remember that you now can build fireplace anytime it force the opponent to react through the strom

get in cover prevent unit for dying from cold and also can stand near tank to get cover anytime
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 59
Russian Federation 23
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak