Login

russian armor

Soviet heavy vehicle

20 Jan 2017, 19:08 PM

Against the backdrop of OP King Tiger , IS-2 and Tiger is not worth its price.
And how would you say - IS-2 normal
People do not take the IS-2
20 Jan 2017, 19:26 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Today I want to talk about the IS-2 and ISU-152 - they suck, they don't cost their price.
IS-2:
- GNR gun against tanks, constant not hit / no penetration
- Low damage against vehicles
- GNR against infantry
- Slow and clumsy
if you are against the King Tiger - pray and run. Only the DShK does his job well

ISU-152 - anti-everything, anti Nothing:
- AT shell penetration weak, weak damage against heavy tanks
- Explosive shells no more tank crew contuses
- Shooting in the ground or a mound

suggestions?

First of all - i am playing mainly 4v4.
IS-2 is obvious choice for me. Doctrine with T-34-85 and IS-2 + Self-Repair give me everything what i need. But from other hand it is only 1 doctrine with Late-game Medium tank and IS-2.

ISU-152 - Yes, need something to do. In 99% of game germans will have Elefant/Jagdtiger, whose make ISU useless. Also, for me is a problem, that i need to chose between ISU-152 and T-34-85 (+ IS-2 with Armored Assault Dotcrine)/M4A2(76)W Sherman. T-34-85 or M4A2(76)W more reliable choice, cost less, and come earlier.
20 Jan 2017, 20:28 PM
Donator 11

IS-2 is a no-brainer tank. Its only disadvantage is being limited to 1, as it would be totally OP in numbers. It has one of the best armout values in game and can combat any target, maybe apart from the KT that is more expensive.

ISU-152 is much more tricky, as it relies mostly on stealing wipes. If you have good scouting and can keep it under coverage of own AT at all times it is going to win you the game. It is even possible to use it if there are elefants of jts on the field, as they also need infantry in front of them that you can snipe at range.
20 Jan 2017, 20:43 PM

The only change I think the IS2 could use is maybe slightly higher accuracy or accuracy on the move, through either base stats or vet. In the same sense the Tiger could use a slight bump on frontal armor.

The ISU is an interesting unit. I really haven't used it enough in ages and only in 4v4 settings. It's kind of a gimmicky unit.
21 Jan 2017, 02:43 AM

The only change I think the IS2 could use is maybe slightly higher accuracy or accuracy on the move, through either base stats or vet. In the same sense the Tiger could use a slight bump on frontal armor.

The ISU is an interesting unit. I really haven't used it enough in ages and only in 4v4 settings. It's kind of a gimmicky unit.

elefant or jagd make is-2 or isu complety useless, so i prefer always going t85
there is now way in 2vs2 that u gonna kill an elefant or jagd with is2 becouse of speed.

isu is even more useless, and that u gotta wait like 13 secs to change the rounds.. well that to much
21 Jan 2017, 09:19 AM

ISU-152 is a dead unit,it became some sort of "Penals" (you see it in one out of ten games,and it doesn't really impact the match)...Shoots terrain very often ,or completely misses the target...
IS-2 is good...I think...sometimes I have the sensation that a Panther can 1v1 it(misses a lot).
T34-85's and SU-85 overshadow these twi units as they are cheaper and you can have them in numbers
21 Jan 2017, 09:32 AM

ISU-152 is a dead unit,it became some sort of "Penals" (you see it in one out of ten games,and it doesn't really impact the match)...Shoots terrain very often ,or completely misses the target...
IS-2 is good...I think...sometimes I have the sensation that a Panther can 1v1 it(misses a lot).
T34-85's and SU-85 overshadow these twi units as they are cheaper and you can have them in numbers

Panther very formidable enemy IS-2 1 by 1, IS-2 causes little damage to Panther, plus Panther faster, faster shooting speed, tower rotation faster, the IS-2 equals with only Tiger, which is now as rare.
21 Jan 2017, 10:08 AM

Panther very formidable enemy IS-2 1 by 1, IS-2 causes little damage to Panther, plus Panther faster, faster shooting speed, tower rotation faster, the IS-2 equals with only Tiger, which is now as rare.

The IS-2 will beat the Ostheer Panther 1v1 in most cases. In addition making the Ostheer Panther less effective vs IS-2 will make a unit that is already UP rather useless.

On the other hand even 3 Su-76 can counter a Tiger which is in worse spot that IS-2 is...
21 Jan 2017, 10:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jan 2017, 10:08 AMVipper

The IS-2 will beat the Ostheer Panther 1v1 in most cases. In addition making the Ostheer Panther less effective vs IS-2 will make a unit that is already UP rather useless.

On the other hand even 3 Su-76 can counter a Tiger which is in worse spot that IS-2 is...

I think the problem lies with the adition of WFA and Brits rather than Vanilla factions themselves...
I have the impression that the "new" factions tend to "overperform" a tad bit against the "old" ones..( forward retreat points,LeiG and Pack Howie overperform versus Ost and Sov mortars,yeah this is very fair LeLic)..
And yes,wheter it is a Tiger or a ISU or IS 2...
It does not have too much of a impact versus Fireflies or Comets or KT or Jagdtiger ...
21 Jan 2017, 10:37 AM

I think the problem lies with the adition of WFA and Brits rather than Vanilla factions themselves...
I have the impression that the "new" factions tend to "overperform" a tad bit against the "old" ones..( forward retreat points,LeiG and Pack Howie overperform versus Ost and Sov mortars,yeah this is very fair LeLic)..
And yes,wheter it is a Tiger or a ISU or IS 2...
It does not have too much of a impact versus Fireflies or Comets or KT or Jagdtiger ...

I agree but it is abit more complicated. Most allied units where buffed to be able to handle the KT making over perform over allied Armour that used to be superior due to higher armor values.

Imo the penetration accuracy and some other properties of TD need to be toned down some of them have 100% chance to hit 100% chance to penetrate vs most axis armor even at range of 60.

If the KT start being a problem they should either nerf it or start using target tables on specific unit that would act as heavy counter to it...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★