Login

russian armor

How can USF deal with structures?

18 Jan 2017, 22:18 PM

hi all!

i may be new, but it seems to mw the US have a severe weakness to structuress and armor

1) they have no trustworthy way of dealing with structures - at least, not for a long time, which is a weakness to bunker rushes etc

2) they have no reliable armor ...the Jackson destroyes seems to fail alot vs even light enemy armor
while the riflemen with bazookas are ok, they die very quick in chaotic fights and replenishing them is hard

so how does one deal with armor and structures, fast?

18 Jan 2017, 22:31 PM

Updated topic title for clarity.
18 Jan 2017, 22:38 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

USF has a mortar team available in T0, and right now it's probably the best unit of its class. It should help you to get rid of any bunkers fairly quickly.

Otherwise, you could try out Armor Company. It has Assault Engineers who can use demolition charges and get a flamer as well as the M10, which is a very cost-effective tank destroyer.
19 Jan 2017, 01:50 AM

If you are met with bunkers, I suggest that you try out Armor Company just like Planet Smasher has.

However, I've managed to do it once in a 1v1 match, but use your rear echelons as meatshields for the indirect weapons such as the mortar or the pack howitzer. They'll give you enough sight for the teams to land shots on the bunkers or structures without dealing with the fog of war penalty. If you want a precise shots from mortars or pack howitzers, I suggest that you try to use the barrage ability to have them focus on the structures.

Here is a warning though, keep those weapon teams defended if they're going to expose themselves. If it's against the Ostheer, they will probably send in a 222 to deal with them before your units retreat or arrive to save the day.
19 Jan 2017, 12:04 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

To deal with early armor: Usually in the beginning I field a second Rear Echelon to assist in early capturing. Later on you can equip them with two bazookas each to help deal with armor. They will vet up fast and at vet 3 the gain a fifth man. Also, they can still be equipped with a mine sweeper.

To deal with with an early bunker, flanking with a bazooka works but may not work based on placement and map design. Alternatively, indirect fire works also. You can also take an AT gun, place it at max range, and attack ground. Eventually it will kill it. If you provide line of light for it, attack order will make it have have 100% accuracy. This can also work with OKW HQs.
19 Jan 2017, 12:10 PM
Donator 11

Zooks on REs are the answer to all of your questions.

As for the jackson I don't know what you are talking about. Only vehicles it struggles against are ele, JT and JP4. In all other cases its enough to scout and cover the approach with vet1+ rifles and shoot at range with the jackson. Or more than one. Or whole spam of jacksons.
19 Jan 2017, 12:20 PM

(1) Mortar, Pack Howi, ATG, demos.
(2) I'm not sure how your Jackson managed to fail against light armour, but if you position them behind your infantry and use their superior range, there is nothing Jacksons can't wreck. Watch some match casts on YouTube/live streams on Twitch from high ranking players to get a better idea of how/when to use them.
19 Jan 2017, 15:45 PM

3 commanders have flametrower - armor, riflemen and mechanized, 2 of them are meta ones, so urban maps and houses shouldnt be problem because you want to go easy8 or m10 spam on these maps as well.

Also they have mortar and pack howie to dislodge buildings.

If you meant how can USA counter buildings like OKW flakHQ and medic HQ or ostheer bunkers and pak43 emplacements then USA suck at countering them except major artillery whitch is really good and cheap right now and many commader options.

Both infantry and calliOP commader offers you great building-counter heavy artillery, infantry have also time on target offmap, that is great at countering emplacements as well.

Then armor company have great off map artillery that hardcounters any static play.

Also mechanized company artillery strike and recon comapny InR pathfinders have good offmap arty. These companies hovewer suck on their own and aren´t really good.

Hope I helped you, if no ask more specific

EDIT: Against armor pershing with jacson, easy eights with jacson and m10 swarms all work really well against all even heavy tanks.

normal sherman + jacson combo works well as well as long as you can micro your tanks
V-T
20 Jan 2017, 13:40 PM

Vet 1 mortar halftrack has delay fuze barrage for double damage... Structures don't run away under fire... A viable option? The mortar HT is also a bit more resistant to counterbarrage from leIG or german mortars... And with the infantry commander, it's only 2 CP.

Always a good mobile support for infantry assaults. Dislodges MG42s, bunkers, and enemy infantry in cover pretty neatly. And in the late game you get the priest which can TOTALLY take care of the structures ;)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★