Login

russian armor

Prioritise vehicle for infantry?

11 Jan 2017, 04:22 AM

Is it possible to implement a feature where AT infantry can be toggled to use their AT weapons against other infantry or hold fire and only shoot vehicles?

I'm not sure how the game is wired and how each entity is told what it can and can't do but I'm spectating a game where Shrecks are being fired at infantry as the player (I guess a moved) to an area they suspected a tank.

With this feature you no longer waste time firing your AT shots at infantry and lose a tiny bit of fire power in the skirmish but can instead save your AT shots for when the tanks are in range and get the shots off sooner.

Can it be done/would it work?
11 Jan 2017, 05:13 AM

I think Mr. Smith had this fixed in his mod, but my bet is that it's out of scope™.
11 Jan 2017, 10:19 AM

The only QoL changes/bugfixes that we have included in this patch are the ones we are 100% certain that they work.

Unfortunately prioritise vehicles on infantry doesn't always work. This has to do with how said squads behave when garrisoning/ungarrisoning stuff. This behaviour seems to be hardcoded somewhere that only Relic can fix.

Thus, for WBP we went for the bulk of stuff we know how to fix. Thus, we can focus on fewer, but more difficult problems later on.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★