Login

russian armor

Few ideas...

10 Jan 2017, 21:42 PM

hello all

Few ideas:

1) Custom color
Say i hate the baby-blue color and perhaps i want to see myself as red or dark blue or purple or green or neutral white etc ...allow this option
Obviously, this should only work from the player's perspectiv and NOT from the enemy's perspective!

2) Decals / skins
Some people (like myself) who are brand new and are still learning, enjoy the skirmish vs Ai alot!
Please let us make the AI able to use the skins / decals we unlocked for ourselves !!!

i.e. lets say as Wehrmacht, i unlocked 2 winter skins ... let me be able to assign these skins to the enemy Wehrmacht AI
ditto for all factions!

3) Better ground texture!
please...for the love of god...give an option, for the players with better hardware, an option for High Definition resolution for ground !
just a tiny zoom, and the ground looks like an error texture from the 860x480 days :P

4) For solo/ skirmish vs AI, implement an option so the human player can order the A.I. to attack a zone / guard a zone / take a resource node !
Starcraft II has this option for when players play with an A.I. ally (it has been implemented in Legacy of Void)

5) add the japanese / chinese / french

6) LATEST ENTRY EDITED --- Spectator Skirmish
a simple and easy modification for skirmish, where a human player can make just the A.I.s fight and the human just watches, without being part of the game
for refferencem, see Starcraft 2, where a human player can become observer and watch 2 A.i.s fight each other to the death.
how to implement?
easy - same menus, except add a simple option for human player (player / observer toggle)

as observer, the human should have all the controls in replay mode - MINUS the speed, for obvious reasons!

------------------------------------------------
thats it...what say you ?

10 Jan 2017, 21:58 PM
Donator 11

As for the 4th suggestion there are defend and capture pings in coh1:

ping_defend = Control+D
ping_capture = Control+C

Don't know if these work in coh2 though since I never even tried to played coh2 with computer as ally. You can always try coh1 just to get that kind of experience in coh franchise if they don't.

EDIT: Standard ping (CTRL+A) ment attack for AI I belive, but I'm not sure of this.
10 Jan 2017, 22:00 PM

Definitely agree with the fourth point, and a better texture. I think everyone's been wishing for an Italian or Japanese faction to be added for a long time :)
10 Jan 2017, 22:04 PM

1. Try CoH.

2. Probably never going to happen.

3. The game is already unoptimized, you want to add to that?

4. Go play CoH and try out the pings with the AI there.

5. German-Italian Army would be the best choice for this game, all of the Armies you listed would be overwhelmed by the West, as if the East aren't already...

Seriously go play CoH, it's a lot more Comp Stomp friendlier than CoH 2.
10 Jan 2017, 22:19 PM

@A. Soldier

Why go to CoH ...?
WHats the point of CoH 2, if not to be better ?!?

regarding the ideas...

1) why is this such a bad idea ? or so impossible to implement? it would be a simple toggle / option in Gameplay

2) This too is easy peasy --- a simple copy/ paste of the same menu the human player uses to assign skins and decals
Just replicate the same menu used by the human, to the A.I. --- and voila! now you can assign skins and decals to the A.i.
This would take less than making coffee ...

3) Dunno what to say ... its a simple texture, but maybe you are right

4) Do pings in here, in CoH 2, have the same effect? the menu for this is clunky and not easily accesibile
also, stop sending me to CoH 1 ! i paid for CoH 2, and thus, at least, i earned the right to suggest ideas

5) Ok, italian, so be it ...but some japanese / chinese would be nice, to even out the playing field.

ok, the 5th point would probablly be hardest to implement
10 Jan 2017, 22:28 PM

please also read point 6 --- a fresh new idea, with also very easy implementation
10 Jan 2017, 22:48 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jan 2017, 22:28 PMcosmin
please also read point 6 --- a fresh new idea, with also very easy implementation

Point 6 is something 99% of players won't ever use and that 1% that will, will use it only once. Even you, who propose this, will soon get bored of it, especially as you already can watch some of the best players playing live as observer.

If I was in charge in Relic I would never go for something like this even if I was completely sure it is going to take no more than a day for a single programmer. And it never is as simple and cheap in big companies, even if it seems so.

And if you are really so curious, you can always occupy one slot, wait until the game is over and then watch a replay - that way you can get full vision without interfering into the battle of AI. It is also possible that there is a "disable fog of war" mod somewhere but I didn't look for it.
11 Jan 2017, 00:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jan 2017, 22:19 PMcosmin
@A. Soldier

Why go to CoH ...?
WHats the point of CoH 2, if not to be better ?!?

To make more money, of course.
11 Jan 2017, 14:02 PM

Point 6 is something 99% of players won't ever use and that 1% that will, will use it only once. Even you, who propose this, will soon get bored of it, especially as you already can watch some of the best players playing live as observer.

If I was in charge in Relic I would never go for something like this even if I was completely sure it is going to take no more than a day for a single programmer. And it never is as simple and cheap in big companies, even if it seems so.

And if you are really so curious, you can always occupy one slot, wait until the game is over and then watch a replay - that way you can get full vision without interfering into the battle of AI. It is also possible that there is a "disable fog of war" mod somewhere but I didn't look for it.

here is the problem --- on sunday afternoon, there were ZERO games to watch !!!
literraly...

then, in the evening, arround 11:00 PM my time, also zero ...

in other words, i am dependant on whether some other people choose to play and then those other people must allow me to watch.

also, the default observing properties are like 3 min starting in, and not from the get go.

also, i cannot choose sides or maps...i am forced to select a game from the available ones, but most of the times i see germans vs x, hardly any americans or british !

so there are issues to this!

my idea is actually 95% allready implemented --- as i can play with a computer A.I. ally vs A.I. allies teams! ..or in the replay mode, where the watcher has no units !

the step from active player to observer is a tiny one. its not some breakthrough feature.

its also very usefull in understanding how and what to do in some situations etc...learning from Al.I.
11 Jan 2017, 15:22 PM
Senior Editor Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jan 2017, 14:02 PMcosmin

literraly...

[...]

its also very usefull in understanding how and what to do in some situations etc...learning from Al.I.

That's not that good of an idea. The AI does pretty stupid stuff. The only reason why the expert AI is challenging is because it cheats (for example it has around 30+ fuel income even when cut off completely).

If you can't find a match to spectate (which frankly I never saw): Check out the shoutcasts of the various casters, which typically also provide some analysis of the situation.

Or, alternatively, check out the replay section here and download a replay that you can watch.

Edit: If you really want to see AIs fighting it out, you could also use cheatmod, load yourself into a game with two AI and remove FOW...
11 Jan 2017, 15:35 PM
Donator 11

literraly...

in other words, i am dependant on whether some other people choose to play and then those other people must allow me to watch.

also, the default observing properties are like 3 min starting in, and not from the get go.

also, i cannot choose sides or maps...i am forced to select a game from the available ones, but most of the times i see germans vs x, hardly any americans or british !

my idea is actually 95% allready implemented --- as i can play with a computer A.I. ally vs A.I. allies teams! ..or in the replay mode, where the watcher has no units !

the step from active player to observer is a tiny one. its not some breakthrough feature.

Learning from coh2 AI? Are you serious? CoH is a great franchise but both coh1 and coh2 have one of the dumbest AIs ever implemented in rts. There is nothing you can learn from it.

But if you are so keen to choose maps and watch AI do what I said earlier: add yourself to the match and observe afterwards.
12 Jan 2017, 01:14 AM

The AI is good at capping and flanking and overwhelming you with superior forces. They're useful for map testing IMO. It's useful for mod testing as well.

The AI also seems to respond more to player behavior than anything. The more active a player is, the more active the AI seems to be.

But it certainly is not a great source of learning to play the automatch metagame. :P
12 Jan 2017, 02:34 AM
Patrion 14

literraly...

As Siphon X. mentioned you can check out casts by some of the casters on Youtube. Stormless and Generals Gentlemen do some good casts. If you don't mind older replays also check out the Sunday Night Fights channel and the Operation Charlie Fox tournament which had some amazing games (DevM's USF is legendary at this stage). Romeo also did a lot of nice casts but he stopped. The ESL tournament casted by Stormless and A_E was also brilliant and worth a watch.

If you're looking for some specific faction to watch and there are no games being played online at the time when you'd like to spectate, check out the replay section here on coh2.org: replay section. There you can browse through the replays and look for USF games if that is what interests you most. Just download the the replay that looks interesting to you and copy it into the coh2 replay folder (added bonus: you don't have to wait for 3 minutes for the match to start ;) ).

If it is USF games you're interested in, you'll be thoroughly disappointed with ai battles since the AI is unable to handle USF even less so than other factions and you'll see it suicide ambulances more than anything else ;)
12 Jan 2017, 03:28 AM
Donator 11

Yeah, actually, watching even very old and bearded casts is going to be more beneficial than watching AI battles. Even if meta have changed, using old meta is going to be better than using never adapting and always stupid AI meta. And the level of skill and awarness of players is always going to be something to learn, no matter the patch.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★