Login

russian armor

Buffing Grenadiers a Taboo?

9 Jan 2017, 08:56 AM

Any reason they are not discussed or tweaked in the WBP? Are they considered okay by everyone? I love to hear any explanations. By anyone.

Or how about some received accuracy nerfs for tommies and see where it goes from there.
9 Jan 2017, 09:44 AM

9 Jan 2017, 11:58 AM

received accuracy nerfs for tommies

ahh yes let me dream.....
9 Jan 2017, 12:32 PM

They have been. It's largely indirect, but there have been plentiful boosts to survivability none-the-less.

Biggest points:

• Squad spacing has been improved
  • The Ostheer half-track now vets passively
  • Medkits made vastly more viable

USF nerfs against grens

• Riflemen have less vet 3 survivability
  • Riflemen only have one LMG slot
  • Mortar fixed

Soviet nerfs against grens

• T70 less wipey
  • Quad less suppressey

Brit nerfs against grens

• Only 1 LMG per tommy squad

And potentially some other stuff I'm too tired to dig up or debate.

Anywho, if you want direct buffs then make a strong and well-presented argument with evidence and logic. There are seemingly a million people posting completely substanceless crap about one little thing or another on these forums. It takes a lot of effort to stand out from the overwhelming noise and get people properly on-board.
9 Jan 2017, 12:34 PM

Don't worry mate. Everything is fine. I mean rifles are still more powerful, tommies will still beat your grens and Penals are getting some nice buffs so they can still shit on your grens but can also counter light vehicles now.

Grens got some huge indirect buffs don't you say?!
9 Jan 2017, 12:37 PM

Only 1 LMG per tommy squad

Per sapper, no?
9 Jan 2017, 13:19 PM

Don't worry mate. Everything is fine. I mean rifles are still more powerful, tommies will still beat your grens and Penals are getting some nice buffs so they can still shit on your grens but can also counter light vehicles now.
Riflemen have been nerfed and perform adequately IMO. Penals lost their lategame scaling but are still strong.

I am looking at the faction which starts with an obersoldaten equivalent. No talks about any nerfs, which could "indirectly" bring grenadiers in an acceptable position.

There are seemingly a million people posting completely substanceless crap about one little thing or another on these forums. It takes a lot of effort to stand out from the overwhelming noise and get people properly on-board.
Yep, you being one of them. Search the word "grenadiers" on the balance forum and get a clue. Your post was pretty rude and not constructive in any way.
9 Jan 2017, 13:50 PM

@Cynanara 1 LMG rule is counting only on M1919 and brits still can hold their 2 lmgs (except on sappers, where you still can get Heavy Engineers and his Vickers + BREN)
10 Jan 2017, 01:13 AM

Riflemen have been nerfed and perform adequately IMO. Penals lost their lategame scaling but are still strong.

I am looking at the faction which starts with an obersoldaten equivalent. No talks about any nerfs, which could "indirectly" bring grenadiers in an acceptable position.

He's making fun of my post.

Yep, you being one of them. Search the word "grenadiers" on the balance forum and get a clue. Your post was pretty rude and not constructive in any way.

I was in an exceedingly grumpy mood (partially from having to read half a dozen pages on the new patch thread before anybody even tried to support any of their one-issue reasons for the patch being the worst thing since the Holocaust), but I was not attacking you as such, just your argument that they hadn't been buffed in any way.

I find it completely likely that Grenadiers could probably use some further buffing, but as I stated (and demonstrated), some logic and evidence go a long way. Even if you're not up to writing it yourself, surely you could find one or two decent posts from the many you've referred to and just link to them? Why would I search the balance forums when I've just made it clear that I (quite fairly) consider COH2.org to be 99% shitposts (balance in particular)?

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jan 2017, 13:50 PMFrost

@Cynanara 1 LMG rule is counting only on M1919 and brits still can hold their 2 lmgs (except on sappers, where you still can get Heavy Engineers and his Vickers + BREN)

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jan 2017, 12:37 PMHater

Per sapper, no?

Roger that. I was quite tired at the time.
10 Jan 2017, 06:14 AM
Donator 11

10 Jan 2017, 10:09 AM

Small HTH increase from 23% to 29% would be nice buff and won't make grenadiers op at all.
10 Jan 2017, 17:28 PM

Grens being so crap is the cornerstone of OH being ... well crap. Although squad spacing might actually, really help.
10 Jan 2017, 17:44 PM
Donator 11

I think it is good that WBP team is trying to keep iconic OH units without too many changes. We need some kind of constant to stop the power creep and OH is the best one we can get honestly.
10 Jan 2017, 18:29 PM

They aren't supposed to be able to win under equal circumstances, just not get walked over way too easily and buy time for other squads. That's why the unit costs a lot less manpower... though the reinforce cost really should get cut down to 28MP...
10 Jan 2017, 18:35 PM

I think it is good that WBP team is trying to keep iconic OH units without too many changes. We need some kind of constant to stop the power creep and OH is the best one we can get honestly.

I too agree that OH with its unique blend of fragility and lack of strategic diversity offers the best baseline to balance the game with. :unsure:
No really, like totally. ;)
10 Jan 2017, 19:29 PM

Nope! They will never be made proper mainline infantry.

Every time anyone suggests as such, just spam "but my conscripts balance waaaaaaaah".

Wehr will continue to be the only faction in the game that has to actually build a production building, to make infantry that is WORSE then what every other faction can create... at their HQ!

Balance comrade!
10 Jan 2017, 22:23 PM

Permanently Banned
If you buff grens, you need buff cons and maybe naother units, so why need change so many thigns, if the problem with grens are not in grens ?
11 Jan 2017, 08:43 AM

Deep down I agree that OST should remain challenging to play, however that rationale is used way too often just to keep the faction in its current weak and boring state.

though the reinforce cost really should get cut down to 28MP...
That isn't going to change anything really.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 40
Germany 25
United States 24
Germany 33
unknown 29
Peru 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W