Login

russian armor

Ægion's Alterations 2 (mod)

7 Jan 2017, 14:00 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

In reference to the form I posted here. https://www.coh2.org/topic/58327/things-to-consider-for-future-patches. I figured why not make a mod of my suggestions and others. I have plenty of time before I come home from my deployment.

The mod can be found here. Note This mod does not incorporate winter balance preview because I did not feel like modding in all the changes.
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=836891753

1. Call ins

*New: All call ins now have a delay timer so now they do not instantly spawn. Times change based on type of unit.
Infiltration are 10 sec,
Infantry are 30
Mid game vehicles are 60 secs
Heavies and late game are 120 sec

2. Balancing Infiltration
We do not need more squad wiping machines but they need to be able to scale in the late game. Here are alterations. Also, all grenades start on cool down now

Partisans (SMG)

Stormtroopers

Fallschirmjagers

Infiltration commandos

3. Pershing

4. Demolition Charges

5. Free stuff from teching

6. Ostheer Teching

Conscripts

Shock troops

KV-1

All static Howitzers

Ostheer and US: Stormtrooper's, and Paratrooper's Tactical Assault and Riflemen Fire it up

US Assault Engineers

US Airborne

US Recon Support

US Mechanized Company

OWK Starting Unit

OKW Salvage and Cashes

British Royal Engineers

British Infantry Sections

British Field Recovery

British Commando Gliders

British Valentine

British Mortar Pit

British Mortar now available

All Trenches can now garrison Mortars

7 Jan 2017, 18:16 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

IR pathfinders are now replaced with IR marksmen. They are equal to soviet snipers but they can call in for artillery support.
400 manpower call in

Love that idea! Would you mind if I added a similar unit to my commander mod?

Most of your changes sound good to me, but in the end, I'm not exactly an expert on balance :D
7 Jan 2017, 18:28 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Love that idea! Would you mind if I added a similar unit to my commander mod?

Most of your changes sound good to me, but in the end, I'm not exactly an expert on balance :D

Sure, I am not an expert on balance either. Note, I also increased the range of the artillery call in. Can't have a fragile sniper walk into fire.
7 Jan 2017, 22:29 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

*New update: All call ins now have a delay timer so now they do not instantly spawn. Times change based on type of unit.
Infiltration are 10 sec,
Infantry are 30

Idea stolen with permission from:
jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jan 2017, 16:37 PMLatch

The quick fix solution I can think of is to have the call-ins on a timer rather than insta spawn, I would even go as far as to apply this to infantry also, it's already been discussed in-depth with infiltration units but I'm referring to all other off map call in infantry.

8 Jan 2017, 13:14 PM

Kudos for the effort; My opinions are in bold.

In reference to the form I posted here. https://www.coh2.org/topic/58327/things-to-consider-for-future-patches. I figured why not make a mod of my suggestions and others. I have plenty of time before I come home from my deployment.

The mod can be found here. Note This mod does not incorporate winter balance preview because I did not feel like modding in all the changes.
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=836891753

1. Call ins

*New: All call ins now have a delay timer so now they do not instantly spawn. Times change based on type of unit.
Infiltration are 10 sec,
Infantry are 30

2. Balancing Infiltration
We do not need more squad wiping machines but they need to be able to scale in the late game. Here are alterations. Also, all grenades start on cool down now

Partisans (SMG)

Stormtroopers

Fallschirmjagers

Infiltration commandos

3. Pershing

4. Demolition Charges

5. Free stuff from teching

6. Ostheer Teching

Conscripts

Shock troops

KV-1

All static Howitzers

Ostheer and US: Stormtrooper's, and Paratrooper's Tactical Assault and Riflemen Fire it up

US Assault Engineers

US Airborne

US Recon Support

US Mechanized Company

OWK Starting Unit

OKW Salvage and Cashes

British Royal Engineers

British Infantry Sections

British Field Recovery

British Commando Gliders

British Valentine

British Mortar Pit

British Mortar now available

All Trenches can now garrison Mortars

8 Jan 2017, 15:34 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Partisans (SMG): Buffing an already troublesome unit is questionable. And with this buff, at least their deployment cost should be increased.

They also may need a 2 cp requirement instead of 1 also

Infiltration Commandos
Their cost is fine when we take their nade and camo into consideration. And the synergy with the doctrine .

Their original price of 440 is seriously overpriced, and the grenade starts on cool down. The doctrion more synergizes with infantry sections with the Advanced Cover Combat

5. Free stuff from teching:
USF officiers, specially the captain, don't cause the shock value and impact they used to inflict.

Nerf grens?

The USF Officers are free infantry squads that preform like elite infantry with the Thompsons. And major is like, here is free fall back point with other powerful utilities at no extra cost.

Grens will still keep their lmgs. Peresonally I would rather change it so grens are in T0 while the MG42 would be in T1. This could make panzerfausts fine since they actually require T0 in live. But, rifle grenades still should be bought.

6. Ostheer Teching
Interesting idea, if not a bit complicated.

Just imagine it if was research hammer or anvil

Conscripts
With their received accuracy bonus, they don't lose models as much as grens or volks.

They tend still to be outperformed by volks and grens in the late game, thus losing models.
This just makes easier to recover from engagements.

Air dropped weapons
Those suggested costs are a bit low.

In comparison Air Resupply Operation gives one MG and AT gun for 150muns plus other bonus
Additionally the player also have to save up for his rocket strafes.

US Recon Support
They are more like the brits sniper now actually. Do they inflict death-crits?

Well they are two man squads and the sniper weapon is equal to the soviet sniper. The other man calls in the strikes. They are not equipped with anti material rifle like the brits.

Infantry Sections
The unit is indeed problematic and your solution seems legit. Not sure about the cost reduction as they can be still equipped with Dual Brens/Superpiats

Brens on Sections are actually really not that big of a problem. Their DPS increase is actually quite minimal while brens on sappers was a problem. And Piats are being address with the WBP. This mod is more meant after the WBP.

Valentine
Actually, It arrives a bit early. 6 is fine, mind you Light vehicles are one of the most complained about subjects, and they are getting fixed (somehow).

The Valentine is quite weak vs infantry and the timing is about when panzer 4s start to deployed. The cost is equal to a T34/76
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★