Login

russian armor

Same map/enemy over and over?

3 Jan 2017, 21:10 PM

(I don't know where to put this topic but it feels like a bug)

On multiple separate occasions I have played the same map over and over again and only a game restart or luck seems to break the curse. I understand that the same opponent is just based on searching and who is online closest to my level (annoying but understandable(I've had the same person over 5 times in a row before)) but the map cycle seems to be plain broken.

I can't remember the last time I played some maps, again I guess this is down to vetoes so I can accept that, just how does the game decide what map to put you on and is there someway of restricting a map (Other than a manual veto) if it has been played several times in a row?

Anyone else get this?
3 Jan 2017, 21:27 PM

I keep getting Road to kharkov and I'm SURE I VETOED IT.

Anyway, whether or not I do, I keep getting it, so you're not alone.
4 Jan 2017, 04:31 AM

Happends once in a while to me, some times matched with one same player in 2v2 as an teammate for 2 times and after that as an opponent etc.. But not on the same map tho
4 Jan 2017, 11:45 AM

Same opponent(s)/teammate is sometimes quite frequent if you don't change between axis/allies between matches. There just doesen't seem to be enough players around. Other thing about automatching is that lately I have constantly been matched with people of higher ELO than myself. This can also be blamed on low number of players though.

Also 2v2 mappool seems to be a lot smaller to the automatcher than it is in reality. I don't think there are so many vetoes available that the most frequent maps should be Moscow Outskirts, Trois Ponts and Road to Kharkov. I can literally count occasions where I can get Moscow or Kharkov 3 times in a row!
4 Jan 2017, 13:15 PM
4 Jan 2017, 16:47 PM

You likely match with the same player because you are both searching at the same time and of similar rank. Pool of players is not very large.

You may also get the same map because you both have same maps vetoed, or both of you have vetoed different maps and so they are unlikely to occur. For instance, many Allied players avoid certain maps while many Axis players veto other maps. The game makes it unlikely any of these maps will come up so the same maps appear for both players more frequently. If you change your vetoes to favor another faction you may find you play on more maps but potentially you will be playing at disadvantages.
4 Jan 2017, 20:29 PM
Donator 11

You likely match with the same player because you are both searching at the same time and of similar rank. Pool of players is not very large.

You may also get the same map because you both have same maps vetoed, or both of you have vetoed different maps and so they are unlikely to occur. For instance, many Allied players avoid certain maps while many Axis players veto other maps. The game makes it unlikely any of these maps will come up so the same maps appear for both players more frequently. If you change your vetoes to favor another faction you may find you play on more maps but potentially you will be playing at disadvantages.

Its better and easier to simply delete all the vetos. Then the spectrum of maps and players is the biggest, plus it finds closer matches and in a shorter period of time.

Generally it's best to use veto only if you start to get angry on some map. Blocking matchmaker and then complaining about bad searching is simply stupid. And players who try so hard that they veto all maps premptively just becouse there is a lot of places to fight on some range at them are not going to find the game any amusing anyway.
4 Jan 2017, 22:00 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Its better and easier to simply delete all the vetos. Then the spectrum of maps and players is the biggest, plus it finds closer matches and in a shorter period of time.

Not 100% but I think that's not how that works. There were some statments from Relic on the veto thing around the time last year in March (after a patch when every 1v1 was on Stalingrad) from which I gathered that:

The vetos are irrelevant for the matchmaking. Once matches are made, the map is randomly picked from the set of maps that has the least vetos.

For 1v1 I think we currently have 20(?) maps and each player has 7 vetos, so if both players veto different maps, the game should be played on one of the 6 maps that had no veto.

In 4v4, where we have 8 players with 4 vetos each but not as many maps, this could mean that you might end up playing a map that a few players actually did veto (because all other maps had more vetos).
4 Jan 2017, 23:19 PM
Patrion 14

i also get (6) Rzhev SUMMER which is yea... Got it twice already playing CoH2 sparingly through last two weeks.
4 Jan 2017, 23:58 PM

I was stuck on steppes (and it was vetoed) for 5 match in row til i rebooted... :(

Something is broken.
5 Jan 2017, 10:03 AM
Senior Editor Badge

i also get (6) Rzhev SUMMER which is yea... Got it twice already playing CoH2 sparingly through last two weeks.

Ah, great! I see, one on 31.12. and one on the next day. Actually, there were a lot of those recently.

Asked about these weird games here, thanks for verifying that they actually happen for real.

Yeah, seems like map selection occasionally has some - erm - issues...
6 Jan 2017, 04:53 AM
Patrion 14

Ah, great! I see, one on 31.12. and one on the next day. Actually, there were a lot of those recently.

Asked about these weird games here, thanks for verifying that they actually happen for real.

Yeah, seems like map selection occasionally has some - erm - issues...

I also cannot Hill400 on 3v3+ gamemode.

WHAT IS GOING ON!
7 Jan 2017, 13:18 PM

Got automatched to Rzhev (summer) repeatedly, which you can't find or veto in the map list. I reported the bug on Relics forum:

https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/243548/unable-to-find-and-veto-rzhev-in-automatch-vs-players#latest
16 Jan 2017, 21:57 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jan 2017, 13:18 PMKnasp
Got automatched to Rzhev (summer) repeatedly, which you can't find or veto in the map list. I reported the bug on Relics forum:

https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/243548/unable-to-find-and-veto-rzhev-in-automatch-vs-players#latest

I think Rzhev summer is the most beautiful designed map in coh2.
17 Jan 2017, 04:30 AM

Vetoes don't work at all.
I had steppes 4 time in row and i veto it.. (4vs4, team of 4.)

Happen since the bugged patch just before Christmas.
Before that, i never had to play on steppes.

Plz Relic fix it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 12

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment