Login

russian armor

LeFH does no damage to buildings; changing mortar accuracy

1 Jan 2017, 15:36 PM

Hello, I have two problems:

1. LeFH howitzer does no damage to buildings, ML-20 works fine. They have the same values in building_damage. What's the problem?

2. US mortar is way to accurate, I gave it GrW34 stats but it's still more accurate than it! Is there some hidden modifier for it?
1 Jan 2017, 17:19 PM

1. Off the top of my head, I don't remember what controls it.

However, do check that the building damage profile thing is the same (not just the multipliers). You should try setting it to "no change", or whatever the other thing does. I don't know how it works exactly, but it makes a world of difference.

2. For USF mortar, make sure you also copy the veterancy modifiers from sbps, and also check the barrage weapon (in addition to the autofire weapon).

Otherwise, make sure that you test both mortars under identical conditions. E.g., both should be firing in to the fog-of-war

If you are testing stuff using cheatmod, I am not sure whether the fog of war cheat actually lifts the fog-of-war scatter penalties.

Thus, if you want to test firing into field of view, make sure you have fow-cheat turned off and use a spotting unit to provide sight (e.g., Pathfinder).

Otherwise, it's just RNG.

Range also plays a massive role. Thus make sure you fire at the same range.

3 Jan 2017, 19:21 PM

Found the issue with LeFH - it had weapon type small_arms while ML-20 has big_explosive. When changed it works just as it should :)
Mortar issue is still open for ideas, since I checked everything you said just on beggining, everything seems to be okay...
3 Jan 2017, 21:49 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Which weapons did you compare? Barrage or Auto/Ground Attack? They usually perform differently.

If both of your mortars have the same scatter values and modifiers, they should perform identically. Maybe have a look at the projectiles, since the firing angle might play a role.

Also, how much testing did you do - how many shots per mortar? How did you measure the scatter? Stuff like this is based on RNG. In order for your conclusions to be significant, there needs to be a lot of data, and it must be as precise as possible. You can't base a statement like "Weapon A is more accurate than Weapon B" on their perceived performance in a few matches.
7 Jan 2017, 12:35 PM

Planet Smasher, I compared GrW barrage with M1 barrage and GrW auto-attack with M1 auto-attack. I know they behave differently and I know there's always a personal perception bias about this kind of things, but I really, really think M1 is incredibly accurate for a mortar, even after I gave it a copy of GrW weapon.
I did testing with CheatCommands mod - I always remove FoW so maybe there's a problem Mr.Smith was talking about. Don't have time to test it again, but maybe someone knows something new. Weapons accuracy is sometimes changed with modifiers for squads, maybe there's similar thing for scatter that I don't know about.
7 Jan 2017, 19:29 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

These are the main stat differences for the barrage weapons. The M1 is on the left and the GrW34 on the right.

Apart from that, the M1 squad gets -20% scatter for all of its weapons at Vet1 and Vet2, reducing scatter to 64% overall. The GrW34 squad gets -20% scatter only at Vet2 and ONLY for direct-attack/attack-ground. So they're very similar at Vet0 and starting at Vet1, the M1 will be much more accurate.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★