Login

russian armor

Holiday Update

• This thread is locked
PAGES (5)down
23 Dec 2016, 01:07 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Dec 2016, 01:02 AMLatch

#1: Where did I assume I knew everything? the only fact I stated was that I saw you go full retard on steam, you just confirmed that as true.

#2: Left what? The steam forums? I'm still active on it...

#3: Are, are you Anita Sarkeesian? Do you get scared when people give you death threats over the internet but have no idea where you live? Try working day in day out with people that literally want to kill you (Prison officer) so your attempt for me to feel bad for you falls really, really short. I never said that was an acceptable response but segueing into #4....

#4: There we have it, proof that you simply go full retard at any and all criticism no matter how its structured. With that attitude, you wonder why your fee fees get hurt and people send you 'death threats'?

I would say grow up but I'd rather you just made better maps, its probably easier for you to change that aspect of what many people don't like about you.

First off, ive actually had people leak my shit, so some of these assholes actually may know where I live. They have viewbotted, tried to get my swatted and a multitude of other things.

And I meant streaming silly.

I don't get scared, its the simple fact that after getting every day for about a year it gets old pretty quick. You think I am then in turn supposed to listen to these people?

And telling you to kindly fuck off has nothing to do with age, you offer nothing, and as far as I am concerned, until you actually have anything worth offering (constructive criticism, not i don't like it so its bad), you are nothing, I will choose to not waste my time reasoning with you just like the others and assume you are nothing than a low tier troll.

Also if you think you don't know something and proceed to try to talk knowledgeably, or talk down to someone for being defensive, perhaps you should have a little more... mhhh knowledge of the situation?
23 Dec 2016, 01:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Dec 2016, 01:07 AMTric

First off, ive actually had people leak my shit, so some of these assholes actually may know where I live. They have viewbotted, tried to get my swatted and a multitude of other things.

And I meant streaming silly.

I don't get scared, its the simple fact that after getting every day for about a year it gets old pretty quick. You think I am then in turn supposed to listen to these people?

And telling you to kindly fuck off has nothing to do with age, you offer nothing, and as far as I am concerned, until you actually have anything worth offering (constructive criticism, not i don't like it so its bad), you are nothing, I will choose to not waste my time reasoning with you just like the others and assume you are nothing than a low tier troll.

Also if you think you don't know something and proceed to try to talk knowledgeably, or talk down to someone for being defensive, perhaps you should have a little more... mhhh knowledge of the situation?

I stopped streaming because I have no time for it currently, I had no problem with anyone when streaming, well, except one guy that liked jazz.

How many people have been killed via a direct result over 'leaked' information from the internet? I think you are safe lol, but come on, get in the real world, until you are locked in a room with 200+ of them, you have no sympathy from me.

Think what you want, I told you why the maps are bad, you clearly think otherwise and brush it off as bad feedback. "YOU HAVE TOO MANY LOS/SHOT BLOCKERS, THE LAYOUT IS FAR TOO LANE/MAZE LIKE" It's up to YOU to fix it, I've just told you the massive flaws with them, why should I go into detail for you, are you really that blind to the problems?

Here is a game I'm making (one of): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shMxTzjttv0 I get feedback all the time on it, do you think my feedback is in depth? HA! No, no it's not, but its ALL helpful and if everyone said the same thing, that had comments, I'd do something about it. You need social skills pal, the way you react to criticism is not healthy nor is it.. normal if I'm honest.

If you made me a sammich and I said I didn't like the cheese in it, would you throw it on the floor and paddy like you do here or, like a sane person, would you swap the cheese for a different type/remove and replace it with something else?

Scratch that, don't answer, I know the result.

Wait what? lol, when did I mention age? Oh you mean 'Grow up'? That's about attitude, you know, for someone that offends people that speak (readable but) broken English (vasa) at the drop of a hat then to quote you:

"perhaps you should have a little more... mhhh knowledge of the situationLanguage?" before you speak?
23 Dec 2016, 01:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Dec 2016, 23:03 PMLatch

If he has to L2P you need to get thicker skin, every time someone complains about your maps you go full retard.

+ 1000

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Dec 2016, 23:37 PMTric

just the same people that offer nothing constructive and do it constantly, aka Aussiemagic, skemshead, vasa, daz and a few others,

I made 4 posts ( let me say that again, I made 4 posts ) from nov 9 to nov 13 where i predominantly raised concerns about how ostheer would be affected on these new maps. I also questioned the right of mapmakers to take it upon themselves to change how the game plays. I also explained that I did not wish to offer input on map design due to the fact that I had not played enough games on each map.

If I recall correctly you took immediate offense and went on a full offensive. You remind me of one of those monkeys at the zoo that just goes mental for no reason then shits in its own hand and start throwing it at the crowd.
23 Dec 2016, 02:07 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

+ 1000

I made 4 posts ( let me say that again, I made 4 posts ) from nov 9 to nov 13 where i predominantly raised concerns about how ostheer would be affected on these new maps. I also questioned the right of mapmakers to take it upon themselves to change how the game plays. I also explained that I did not wish to offer input on map design due to the fact that I had not played enough games on each map.

If I recall correctly you took immediate offense and went on a full offensive. You remind me of one of those monkeys at the zoo that just goes mental for no reason then shits in its own hand and start throwing it at the crowd.

It isn't up to us to make these decisions, there was a fucking 8 month tourney full of people participating, and you the mental monkeys (you and company) didnt show up to bitch until well after, you have yourselves to blame. The people that I named are now the ones coming in, surprised? Nope. Not at all, meanwhile the people that give actual feedback (capiqua comes to mind) got listened to and treated like a human. You all however will not, see thats the beauty of the internet, you and company wanna bitch about stuff, beat balance, maps, or whatever else. All you do is bitch and offer nothing else, come back to me when you have anything relevant to do or say until then I shall ignore your pathetic mewling like I have been.

It is not my fault that Relic decided to add maps that weren't ready and wait 3 months to fix them, it is not my fault that the community is a cess pool 90% of the time, it is not my fault that you did not help test when it goes on for months at a time. All you fucking little monkeys wants is take take take, well hey, guess what. You don't pay me, I don't owe you shit. If you wanna bitch about the maps take it up with relic. Cause as of right now you offer nothing to the community in any form, no input, nothing. The most you have contributed is bitching on the forums and a purchase of the game, guess what? That means relic owes you an explanation, not me. I am more than civil with the people that act like humans and aren't entitled pricks, as you all are. I owe you all nothing, if you wanna bitch go for it, just shows how actually uneducated you truly are when it comes to anything relevant in the community and how it works.

Enjoy the shit maps, they are all trash and stalingrad clones and you only have yourselves to blame.
23 Dec 2016, 02:14 AM

Hey Tric, keep digging that hole mate, eventually you'll end up in China.

I think you should consider what they gave you constructive (ie the shot blockers)
23 Dec 2016, 02:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Dec 2016, 02:07 AMTric

It isn't up to us to make these decisions, there was a fucking 8 month tourney full of people participating, and you the mental monkeys (you and company) didnt show up to bitch until well after, you have yourselves to blame. The people that I named are now the ones coming in, surprised? Nope. Not at all, meanwhile the people that give actual feedback (capiqua comes to mind) got listened to and treated like a human. You all however will not, see thats the beauty of the internet, you and company wanna bitch about stuff, beat balance, maps, or whatever else. All you do is bitch and offer nothing else, come back to me when you have anything relevant to do or say until then I shall ignore your pathetic mewling like I have been.

It is not my fault that Relic decided to add maps that weren't ready and wait 3 months to fix them, it is not my fault that the community is a cess pool 90% of the time, it is not my fault that you did not help test when it goes on for months at a time. All you fucking little monkeys wants is take take take, well hey, guess what. You don't pay me, I don't owe you shit. If you wanna bitch about the maps take it up with relic. Cause as of right now you offer nothing to the community in any form, no input, nothing. The most you have contributed is bitching on the forums and a purchase of the game, guess what? That means relic owes you an explanation, not me. I am more than civil with the people that act like humans and aren't entitled pricks, as you all are. I owe you all nothing, if you wanna bitch go for it, just shows how actually uneducated you truly are when it comes to anything relevant in the community and how it works.

Enjoy the shit maps, they are all trash and stalingrad clones and you only have yourselves to blame.

Holy fuck, your hilarious. Keep throwing that shit rage monkey.

You really don't know how to respond to another persons post do you. You quickly skim over the post, become immediately enraged at something and then post some rant that rarely makes any sense or reference to the post that you are replying to...

How many times must i explain why i have not given feedback. I mean fuck, i give you my reasons, you ignore them and start raging, I give them again, you ignore them and start raging. Do you think maybe you got a fucking problem listening to other fucking people. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ps, 7 map vetoes now baby. That means your fucktard anti Ostheer maps and the other maze maps can go bye bye. Hope you enjoyed your 10 mins of fame which will not be remembered for your contribution to the game or the community but for the regular full retard routine...

:wave:
23 Dec 2016, 02:50 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

Hey Tric, keep digging that holemate, eventually you'll end up in China

No problem. Its the same 5 people bitching and bitching. I'll dig whatever hole I please. You all wonder why the other mappers dont say anything even in the "official" feedback threads. Defending yourself against the same 5 people over and over, as they spread their hate and bullshit in every possible avenue that everyone just thinks that is actually the truth.

For example:

I don't like this map because its feel like is too claustrophobic. I would recommend removing some shot blockers or some walls, as it feels too clustered and my projectile based units can't hit anything but the objects in the map vs the unit I'm shooting at. I would move these (pic) and (pic) -or- watch this (replay). I would be able to test at these times if you want to see what I'm talking about, but no guarantees.

--

Then you would get an actual response of me saying why I can or cannot due certain things due to limitations of the worldbuilder, and what changes I could actually make and test. This is how market got reworked, this is how refinery got reworked, but the people I mentioned would rather bitch or just be negative little assholes about it.

I love how the comment L2P on a different map is an issue, guess what. That's what new maps do, introduce new playstyles and new scenarios to play on, if you don't want to learn to play it, perhaps this isn't a game for you if you never want to adapt.
23 Dec 2016, 02:53 AM

I think it's time to move away from the maps now. If we cannot discuss this without bicker, I'll have to lock this and apologise to the OP.

And no, this is not a safe space where we are all meant to praise Tric, everyone is open to critique, and some people are less receptive to it.
23 Dec 2016, 02:54 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

Holy fuck, your hilarious. Keep throwing that shit rage monkey.

You really don't know how to respond to another persons post do you. You quickly skim over the post, become immediately enraged at something and then post some rant that rarely makes any sense or reference to the post that you are replying to...

How many times must i explain why i have not given feedback. I mean fuck, i give you my reasons, you ignore them and start raging, I give them again, you ignore them and start raging. Do you think maybe you got a fucking problem listening to other fucking people. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ps, 7 map vetoes now baby. That means your fucktard anti Ostheer maps and the other maze maps can go bye bye. Hope you enjoyed your 10 mins of fame which will not be remembered for your contribution to the game or the community but for the regular full retard routine...

:wave:

My anti-ost maps? Thought they were all axis favored, least that is what the other side of the fence keeps telling me... Guess people seem to think different things about each map. And that entire was more a general response to the 5 mongols that keep it going.

I will actually be remembered, like i was by vcoh mappers from vcoh, unlike you, who has never contributed anything to this franchise, will never be remembered. <444>3
23 Dec 2016, 02:57 AM

Dont really care, because I have free vetos for automatch anyway, lol. But my personal opinion is that new maps are quite meh, aside from Elst Outskirts. It has both open and CQC areas, rather balanced cover for all players and it provides much bigger viriaty of gameplay.

I'il say that new maps are clearly sacrificing balance over in game mechanics. Lets look at luvenest map, it looked good, and it was more or less fine, but mud and overall placement of objects on map made it quite unbalanced.

Personally, lets take Tric 2v2 map. Its cood, provides new gameplay, but for excample it has only 2 VPs, it can cause a huge MP impact, aswell af both muni at the same place and so-on and so-on. For excample because of its narrow style TDs will dominate on it, and narrow pathes will be way too easy to protect everything with mines and AT walls. But its just my opinion, I always hated narrow maps, because its like cut off half of gameplay with such desing.

TD:RL all maps are good, but most of new maps simply provide mechanics which favors one thing or another, and provide new gameplay, which sometimes is not that good.
23 Dec 2016, 02:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Dec 2016, 02:53 AMSwift
I think it's time to move away from the maps now. If we cannot discuss this without bicker, I'll have to lock this and apologise to the OP.

:thumbsup: Will do...
23 Dec 2016, 03:08 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

Dont really care, because I have free vetos for automatch anyway, lol. But my personal opinion is that new maps are quite meh, aside from Elst Outskirts. It has both open and CQC areas, rather balanced cover for all players and it provides much bigger viriaty of gameplay.

I'il say that new maps are clearly sacrificing balance over in game mechanics. Lets look at luvenest map, it looked good, and it was more or less fine, but mud and overall placement of objects on map made it quite unbalanced.

Personally, lets take Tric 2v2 map. Its cood, provides new gameplay, but for excample it has only 2 VPs, it can cause a huge MP impact, aswell af both muni at the same place and so-on and so-on. For excample because of its narrow style TDs will dominate on it, and narrow pathes will be way too easy to protect everything with mines and AT walls. But its just my opinion, I always hated narrow maps, because its like cut off half of gameplay with such desing.

TD:RL all maps are good, but most of new maps simply provide mechanics which favors one thing or another, and provide new gameplay, which sometimes is not that good.

This is how you same something constructively.

And just to harp on muh map for a second, since you choose it.

The two vps were to force teammates to work together (which has led to some wild games when we tested), instead of being 2 1v1's like most team games are (at least from what Ive cast), it also creates an interesting dynamic due to the LoS blockers that instead of being vertical it can become very horizontal fighting due to fighting from VP to VP vs Base to Base. I did however place the munitions (actually all points) based on the travel time to that point from the base. So everything is within 5ms of distance in comparison to the other team. The narrowness can be an issue, and I tried to resolve this with forcing riskier emplacement positions and very few garrisons to minimize some cheese that could be abused.

But I can see why narrow maps can be hard or unfun to play.
23 Dec 2016, 03:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Dec 2016, 03:08 AMTric

The two vps were to force teammates to work together (which has led to some wild games when we tested), instead of being 2 1v1's like most team games are (at least from what Ive cast), it also creates an interesting dynamic due to the LoS blockers that instead of being vertical it can become very horizontal fighting due to fighting from VP to VP vs Base to Base. I did however place the munitions (actually all points) based on the travel time to that point from the base. So everything is within 5ms of distance in comparison to the other team. The narrowness can be an issue, and I tried to resolve this with forcing riskier emplacement positions and very few garrisons to minimize some cheese that could be abused.

But I can see why narrow maps can be hard or unfun to play.

Btw regarding 2 VPs, i'm not sure if, lets say, you contol both thouse VPs, it will bleed enemy tickets just like if you control 3 VPs on any other maps? Or it will have same bleeding rate as of you controlled 1 VP?

Problem with 2 VPs for example can be seein vs double OKW or in general it will provide too much of simcity like gameplay, because both VPs are very close to each other.

But maybe I should play more of it against different factions and builds. But from what i've seen, this map could be just as fun as frustrating, because when you face some sort of cheesying on it, it might be very hard to play against it.
23 Dec 2016, 03:41 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

Btw regarding 2 VPs, i'm not sure if, lets say, you contol both thouse VPs, it will bleed enemy tickets just like if you control 3 VPs on any other maps? Or it will have same bleeding rate as of you controlled 1 VP?

Problem with 2 VPs for example can be seein vs double OKW or in general it will provide too much of simcity like gameplay, because both VPs are very close to each other.

But maybe I should play more of it against different factions and builds. But from what i've seen, this map could be just as fun as frustrating, because when you face some sort of cheesying on it, it might be very hard to play against it.

Two VPS is the same if you controlled two and the one of them was neutral.

And both VP's are very far apart actually, the only way to cover both is to build on negative cover (the middle road) and even then you are able to be flanked pretty hard from several large "all in" type moves. I have yet to see a team win when they turlted up on a point. So if you are confident enough to build on negative cover and not lose the your setup, then by all means, but there were measures to counter act this in the design. The map is actually deceivingly large in terms of total area, but it feels smaller due to the building rows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmlNXA2IB2U

This is a cast tightrope was kind enough to due for us of a game between two teams, back in earlier stages of testing, however I don't think much changed.

Edit: Now if there are issues or something exploitable let me know, and I'll try to remedy them, but it is completely unknown when we will get the updates into the game.

23 Dec 2016, 04:20 AM
Patrion 14

2 VP map? I always wondered and wanted to experiment with that layout.

With proper layout, it'd be a happy medium between traditional VP and annihilation mode.
23 Dec 2016, 04:51 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Dec 2016, 04:20 AMpigsoup
2 VP map? I always wondered and wanted to experiment with that layout.

With proper layout, it'd be a happy medium between traditional VP and annihilation mode.

Yes, that is why its longer actually. To stop the base rape or mitigate it in such a way that if you don't actually succeed you threw pretty hard due to the long retreat paths and the way for people to get back in the game. We've had fun with it on the stream now for a long while, and it seems to play fine, the only time it is tough is the first couple of plays (like any map) and if you don't coordinate properly.

I'm sure there are some issues and things that need worked around or dealt with, as we can't catch em all, but yah. It seemed good for the long while we tested it.
23 Dec 2016, 05:12 AM

I'm loving the patch, though I must say, why no 3v3/4v4 maps? It's not like it requires any effort on Relic's part whatsoever, and the current map pool is getting stale.
23 Dec 2016, 05:13 AM

So, the update broke the game! Thanks relic! Now It even more unplayable!
23 Dec 2016, 06:03 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Dec 2016, 05:12 AMKothre
I'm loving the patch, though I must say, why no 3v3/4v4 maps? It's not like it requires any effort on Relic's part whatsoever, and the current map pool is getting stale.

Cause the time it takes to make one, test it, and have it be "meh" by 1 person is about 8 months of time.
23 Dec 2016, 06:29 AM

Did someone see the changes on those 1v1 map and can post these here? Images with pre/post would be grat
PAGES (5)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS