Login

russian armor

MG-34 slow veterancy gain (and something more)

20 Dec 2016, 20:52 PM

MG-34 is more or less decent HMG (specially for it's price), but... it becomes really good with veterancy, and problem is - it grows up enourmously slow, almost like FlammHetzer. It's really strange to see, that powerful enough already Vickers gains stars almost immideatly, after killing some units, and MG-34, which is not so awesome, but becomes so with stars, has such slow veterancy grow speed. I think, veterancy income rate should be increased or veterancy requirements should go lower for that HMG, cos... it's pretty poor one and faster vet gain could be a way of turining it into something really useful, specially for late. But right now, it's better to get and build HMG bunkers, if you need to hold the line, not to spend 230 MP on unit, which is poor and which won't become better later, like some units do (conscripts, for example).

P.S. "Small" offtop, but don't want to make additional topic for that. Since our new balance team is so brave, that decided to give to Penals PTRSes (which I suggested to do way long before, when I wasn't banned on official, and explained wide and deep, why it would be good idea), why not to fix another old but still annoying as hell soviet problem - design of Maxim HMG. Just like with Penals and T1 design in general, you will understand, sooner or later, that such HMG design sux, no need to try to keep it as it is, fixing small issues, like people tried to do with Penals before. Just turn it into casual HMG with big good arc of fire, very long setup/packup time and maybe bigger supression area (and gun teleportation too). Simple as that, USSR is uniqe enough faciton already, copied HMG won't cause any troubles, but will make Maximspam and Maximrush way less popular (and even possible, imagine Vickers or MG-42 spam/rush, lol) issue and will give to USSR more options for defensive AI gameplay, which is really required, since no bunkers, no FlakHQs, and no other good defensive AI units. USSR in offensive faction enough already, time to make it a bit more universal and a bit more viable in defensive gameplay. Some people will say, that it will be "Maxim nerf" - fine, let it be Maxim nerf. But in that way, it will be buff for USSR as faction in general. And it will be fair and good for everyone - less headache for whiners of "maximspamOPOPOP" and more versality in gameplay for USSR.
21 Dec 2016, 14:47 PM

Permanently Banned
why does my post get removed?
21 Dec 2016, 15:23 PM
22 Dec 2016, 05:23 AM

well I hope relic replace mg34 to mg42.
22 Dec 2016, 08:30 AM

well I hope relic replace mg34 to mg42.

That's not necessary, they just need to improve the stats a bit, and veterancy gain. In my opinion all large arc machine guns should be similar in effectiveness. That includes the MG 34, MG 42, and Vickers.

Also, the Vickers should fire less tracers, it has the same tracer effects as the MG 42, which doesn't match up with the slower sounding rate of fire.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 39
unknown 26
Mexico 14
Germany 895

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %