Login

russian armor

Sandbag cover should be 50 percent larger.

18 Dec 2016, 18:24 PM

Sandbags built by Okw and US provide too little coverage for a five man squad.
Length of sandbags should be increased by 50 percent in order to fix this.

This lack of coverage contributes to their weakness vs MG spam.
You can build a defensive sandbag but the 5th model will often not be covered; therefore the entire unit will end up suppressed then pinned. Also many green cover map objects tend to only have 3 or 4 spaces of protection.

Sandbags are basically just large enough to cover the four man squads of Ukf (before five man upgrade) and Ost. Su con sandbags by comparison are able to provide ample cover for their six man squads.

It would be awesome if this could be fixed under "Squad Spacing" as five man squads do not fit behind the current sandbags that can only really cover four models.
18 Dec 2016, 19:07 PM

Sandbags built by Okw and US provide too little coverage for a five man squad.
Length of sandbags should be increased by 50 percent in order to fix this.

This lack of coverage contributes to their weakness vs MG spam.
You can build a defensive sandbag but the 5th model will often not be covered; therefore the entire unit will end up suppressed then pinned. Also many green cover map objects tend to only have 3 or 4 spaces of protection.

Sandbags are basically just large enough to cover the four man squads of Ukf (before five man upgrade) and Ost. Su con sandbags by comparison are able to provide ample cover for their six man squads.

It would be awesome if this could be fixed under "Squad Spacing" as five man squads do not fit behind the current sandbags that can only really cover four models.

What build two of them?
18 Dec 2016, 19:08 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Gonna have to agree with Aradan. Just build another segment. I'm pretty sure WFA's sandbags build faster because of that.
18 Dec 2016, 20:16 PM

They are models therefore they can't just add an extra segment for the 5th man.

That would require Relic to make new longer models of sandbags, which I can assure you, will NEVER happen.

My solution is simple, make it like in CoH, simple small segments and you can build as many as you like in whatever shape.

I even added them to my mod to replace the WFA sandbags, here's a picture: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=469886402
18 Dec 2016, 21:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2016, 19:08 PMVuther
Gonna have to agree with Aradan. Just build another segment. I'm pretty sure WFA's sandbags build faster because of that.

Because building one segment is the same time as capping a normal point.

Guess it would be better if they could be sandbags 2x as fast.
As you do need two in order to actually provide yourself with cover.
18 Dec 2016, 22:03 PM
Donator 11

Because building one segment is the same time as capping a normal point.

Guess it would be better if they could be sandbags 2x as fast.
As you do need two in order to actually provide yourself with cover.

Its quite simple - if you want better protection you stay around for another segment. If you want more resources you go to the next point leaving sandbags unfinished. Coh is a game of decisions, here is the one. Mind that you still are in better position than soviet conscripts, whose sandbags are bigger but are impossible to build during single capture of normal point.
18 Dec 2016, 23:22 PM

They are models therefore they can't just add an extra segment for the 5th man.

That would require Relic to make new longer models of sandbags, which I can assure you, will NEVER happen.

My solution is simple, make it like in CoH, simple small segments and you can build as many as you like in whatever shape.

I even added them to my mod to replace the WFA sandbags, here's a picture: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=469886402

The ability can also be made to spawn more than 1 of those entities. If a second entity is adjusted down a length of a sandbag and rotated 180 degrees it'd work as well.

It ain't impossible is all I'm saying.
18 Dec 2016, 23:26 PM

Its quite simple - if you want better protection you stay around for another segment. If you want more resources you go to the next point leaving sandbags unfinished. Coh is a game of decisions, here is the one. Mind that you still are in better position than soviet conscripts, whose sandbags are bigger but are impossible to build during single capture of normal point.

Sandbags should provide protection. Thats why you build it. Only providing 90 percent protection is just plain retard mode. Half arsed design does the game no good. Sandbags were made to protect 4 man squads.

OKW and USA have five man squads but they did not update the bags to cover the entire squad.
I would consider this a bug fix or quality of life as opposed to anything else.
19 Dec 2016, 00:09 AM
Donator 11

Sandbags should provide protection. Thats why you build it. Only providing 90 percent protection is just plain retard mode. Half arsed design does the game no good. Sandbags were made to protect 4 man squads.

OKW and USA have five man squads but they did not update the bags to cover the entire squad.
I would consider this a bug fix or quality of life as opposed to anything else.

Why do you claim that they were made for 4 men squads? Until one of the last patches ostheer never had sandbags. These sandbags were actually introduced into the game with OKW and USF, both having 5 men squads from the very beginning. This was obviously a design choice.
19 Dec 2016, 04:14 AM

The ability can also be made to spawn more than 1 of those entities. If a second entity is adjusted down a length of a sandbag and rotated 180 degrees it'd work as well.

It ain't impossible is all I'm saying.

"Glitching" models is also possible I suppose, I just haven't thought about it since I've never done it myself.

So clearly you have more experience in that area from CoH perhaps.

I commend you for that, it's just that I don't think it would be as visually satisfying but yeah, it could definitely work.
19 Dec 2016, 10:29 AM

19 Dec 2016, 12:10 PM

Polar Lights:

If you prepare defence, you have time build two sandbag cover.

Smaller squads need only one, but take it as they advantage.

You mean build cover during capturing? Pro players buil one, but close to the flag, so that the enemy can not use the cover. Larger cover would go against this tactic.

19 Dec 2016, 20:48 PM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

I agree with ferwiner it was intentional design. I think sandbags are good enough already. How does the health of the WFA sandbags compare to the conscript ones?
20 Dec 2016, 01:58 AM

I agree with ferwiner it was intentional design. I think sandbags are good enough already. How does the health of the WFA sandbags compare to the conscript ones?

How does getting suppressed "work good enough"? I watch your casts and you know just how bad OKW gets bullied by MGs :c

Appears like mistaken (terrible) design to me. The bags do look like they have five spots for cover. But they do not actually provide cover. As such it seems totally reasonable that they be updated to reflect this. And we all know how great the former balance/design team of Relic is so..lol...lol... Hoping the new crew does a lot of good work going forward!

My logic is that a defensive structure such as a sandbag should be able to fully protect the unit that builds it for the most part. Although there is something such as a UKF trench that was put in so a Vickers would have something to mesh with its vet bonus.

20 Dec 2016, 02:00 AM

every day i see the wildest ideas here...

Wish my idea would be put in game! Can't be worse then giving Penals every upgrade known to man lol.
20 Dec 2016, 02:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Dec 2016, 12:10 PMAradan
Polar Lights:

If you prepare defence, you have time build two sandbag cover.

Smaller squads need only one, but take it as they advantage.

You mean build cover during capturing? Pro players buil one, but close to the flag, so that the enemy can not use the cover. Larger cover would go against this tactic.

Think building one close to the flag (except for vp) has fallen out of favor as it can end up hurting you. Watching high end casts looks like the new thing is to build at the very edge of the capping circle. That and the tactic is to cheese bag the other side of the cover so it can not be used against you -.-'

Problem is you do not have time to build two of them. You lose map control and you just have such a horrible time clawing the map back as OKW as you do not have a sniper or mobile flamers or a real mortar....

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★