Login

russian armor

Ambulance Spawn Medic Squad when Toggled

15 Dec 2016, 23:30 PM

Hey all, trying to get the AEF ambulance to spawn a Medic Squad when it uses it's healing toggle.

Now hold a second. I need this medic squad to be uncontrollable, just like the Healing Stations.

I'd like to press the ability and have a single usf medic pop out and he can just stand there or run around in the radius (20) healing units.

I already tried a few things, I added the spawn_squad to the ambulance_heal ability of the ambulance, but that just spawns a full medic squad that I can control, AND if I press it again, it spawns another. Can't figure out how to have them disappear when I toggle it off.

So I tried using the repair_station_ext from the brit forward hq tent, as they have an upgrade that spawns ai controlled sappers. I added the code to the ambulance, but couldn't figure out how to trigger the activate_extension_action in the ambulance healing toggle ability.

So lastly I looked up the healing station itself, reinforcement_point_healing_aura but can't make heads or tails of it. I think it's the healing for Observation Buildings.

Anyway, any help would be great.

Just want to have a single Medic unit pop out of the ambulance when I toggle the ability, and disappear when I toggle it off.
19 Dec 2016, 11:01 AM

I don't know if this is possible. However, I've also had a similar idea in the past, and this is how I would go about implementing this.

I would advice progressing towards the final solution in steps:
- Have a look at bunker_mp (OST bunker), and see how the medic upgrade is implemented.
- As a first step, give the ambulance a similar upgrade that spawns medics
- Check that the medics work as you want them to. The next step will be giving a toggle to the ambulance to despawn the medics
- Have a look at OKW MedHQ, and see how it spawns its forward retreat antennas
- Copy the forward retreat point to a new ability, you will use for your ambulance
- Instead of spawning antennas, make it so that your ambulance spawns invisible and traversible stuff. Let's call this entity a PINK_INVISIBLE_UNICORN
- To do this, copy the OKW antennas, make them invisible (under visibility_ext iirc) and delete impass_ext (that will make them traversible)
- Finally, give your PINK_INVISIBLE_UNICORN the same repair_ext you gave to your ambulance (but make sure it's on; i.e., that it doesn't require an upgrade)
- Hopefully, when you toggle the ability back, the medics will despawn/die

Let me know how it works! I wanted to try it at some time, but I wasn't sure of the result.
Dar
21 Dec 2016, 15:44 PM

Definitly possible to do it that way, I attempted the same a while back and was using the USF Major's retreat point function as a blueprint and spawner for the medics with a repair station extension added to it.

However: I did not go for this option in the end, because iirc on toggling the ability off, the medics would not disappear but drop dead on the spot, lying around in their own blood and being pushed around by the Ambulance moving away. Not pretty. Also, gameplay wise, the Aura option saves you some RNG.

I suppose you could solve this by adding a filter action that despawns rather than kills the medics on deactivaton, but it would most likely interfere with other medic spawners like bunkers nearby. Unless you create a new medic entity just for your vehicle, I guess. But that is just an idea, never tried it and not sure it would actually work.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★