Login

russian armor

Help! UKF 1v1

11 Dec 2016, 16:50 PM

Hello Boyz and Gilrz,

I am quite new to the Game and after some games im trying the automatch vs player.
But i seem to have a big problem from mid to late game.
I cannot see where i do my mistakes, other then not being effiecent ( winning the game XD )

In this peticular replay you can see me (Ellmo) against a random player.

[i hope im doing this right, if not, please tell me]

I'm looking forward to all the Tipps

Ellmo
12 Dec 2016, 06:07 AM

I will look at this one in the evening
12 Dec 2016, 08:38 AM

I will look at this one in the evening

Thank you sir. :thumbsup:
12 Dec 2016, 21:11 PM

Because you are new I won´t be so hard on you and instaed of saying you what everything you have done wrong, I´ll give you interesting tips that you could have applied thorought whole match and win.

1st - your commader, artillery is worst of all UKF commader, commados give you strong infantry and good tool to counter lategame OKW forward HQs and royal engineers give you strong churchill AVRE while artillery give you nothing interesting at all

Agresion, always be agressive, attack his cut off, cap your site of game and use your units. For example in minute 3:10 you send your MG in house somewhere near you HQ while it should have capped your more fuel, remember that MG can defend itself against 1 squad if you position it properly. Instaed of moving into house, waiting and then capping one point and once against going into house you should capped that point and then capped fuel with your HMG, if you positioned it well, one volks wouldn´t stand any chance against it and he would need reinforcements to counter it - time to prepare yourself and also secure more points.

Attack cut offs, always if you have spare squad, cap his cut off, even minimasing his income for a while can help you in a long run if you can succed capping his cut off more times, also he will have to get more defensive in order to defend his income, and won´t be able to harrass you so much.

Never go grenades with UKF, they suck. Period. Get lmgs instaed.

You lost so many snipers, ouch. If you aren´t good at this game don´t use sniper until you improve in micro and get used into core mechanics, even I sometimes cannot use snipers properly and losing 3 of them is huge setback (1000 MP loss)

Once again agression, if you cannot get fuel, he will get more and strongers tank than you and eventually defeats you.

Army composition - always get pios with sweepers first, then infantry covered with HMGs and AT guns so they still support each other but are harder to flank. You extended your AT gun line too much and lost AT gun for example.

Mines- mines win games, always plant mines, nothing is better than killing and suppressing soldiers or crippling enemy tank and finishing it off for mere 30 munition, also enemy will have to be cautious if you use mines, otherwise he will start losing engangements and bleed like pig.

Don´t use light vehicles late in game. Also always try to rush medium tank, fast cromwell can do much more damage and give you more fuel than late comet. You can always go comet afterwars and with better position and income, comet will be even better. Just don´t lose cromwell.
AC is good vehicle to counter luchs, not panther, don´t use light vehicles against AT tanks. use at guns and try to grind for good tank instaed.

Always retreat once you are overwhelmed. Your one squad didn´t stand chance in this engangement and you lost too many HP for nothing resulting into losing another engangement later on because your squad was weakened. This also apply to late game. Living coward is better than dead hero.

Here are some interesting facts that may help you later on:

Mg positioning, always try to position your MGs efficient, that mean covering as many possible routes and flanks as you can see here by red hand drawn mg firing cone instaed of your position

You can gain valuable seconds if this map that you can use capping more points or fighting enemy or getting into better position by vaulting over this fence. Use it

I think this is enaught for this time. Oh and one last think I didn´t mention, try to avoid grenades and use houses, houses are best kind of cover, as you improve, game will turn into house fights. Covering key houses can win games. If you want to know more about this and about angoville map, look at this guide.

https://www.coh2.org/guides/44036/angoville-perspective

Hector

12 Dec 2016, 21:12 PM

Sorry for my bad english and spelling mistake, I wrote it really quickly because I lack time currently to afford that kind of luxury :D
12 Dec 2016, 22:20 PM

Sorry for my bad english and spelling mistake, I wrote it really quickly because I lack time currently to afford that kind of luxury :D

First of all thanks alot and wow this is for the Start already lot's.

I have some questions resulting from your reply:

So all in all in Short it whould be this List:

OH and your english is understanderble so no needs for grammer and such. (judge me if you want XD i hate Grammer in german aswell). I understand mines are really important in a way i just forget them at some point.i generally don't have much time either ( 2 Kids) so i know how precious Reallife Time can be :)

I hope i didn't forget anything

Ellmo
12 Dec 2016, 23:26 PM
Senior Editor Badge

On your questions in the first spoiler:

1. Cutoff's? where to find them?

You only get resources for sectors which are connected to your base (if some of the sectors you captured are not connected to your base, they flash on the minimap). Often maps have certain sectors that connect large/important parts of the maps to your base. So, if your enemy captures those, your are likely to be "cut off" from most of your territory and thus get only little resources.

These important sectors are commonly referred to as "cutoffs". Where they are (and if there are any at all) depend on the sector layout of the map in question and on the game situation.

Like, often there is one fuel point that is closer to your base and a cutoff associated with that fuel point. However, it might happen that the game develops to a situation where you capture the fuel point further away from your base instead of the closer one. Your "natural" cutoff to the closer fuel, which you don't own in that case would be not overly significant.

2. Pio Sweeper's? as precaution for the frontline Enemy mines? or what do they really effect the battlefield?

Yes. Well, the first impact is that the squad is worse at fighting, because one of the dudes will now hold a mine detector instead of his standard gun so the firepower of the squad is lower.

However, they automatically detect enemy mines when they are close. And these mines don't explode as long as the mine sweeper is near, even if another squad or vehicle steps on them. And finally, the mine sweeper squad will automatically start to sweep the mine if it's idling close to a mine.

3. what do you mean in LMG>nades.(LMG the PIAT/bren upgrade)?

Yes. Well, with LMG he refers specifically to the bren in this case (the LMGs of the other factions are the LMG42 (WM), LMG34 (OKW), M1919 (USF) or DP28 (SOV).

What should i train first and how whould be the best way to train it? example: 1v1ai - focus more on cutoffs
next game 1v1ai focus more on awareness ( infantry in danger retreat ) with cutoffs in mind etc.?

Well, depends on your preferences :) . Matches vs. the AI definitely help to check out the sector layout of the different maps in case you want to be more prepared for ladder matches. However, once you reached a certain level I find you can't really learn that much in games against AI anymore because the AI tends to produce really weird stuff in particular later in the game (like, for example late game light vehicles) and generally plays nothing like a real person would.

13 Dec 2016, 00:55 AM

Well, depends on your preferences :) . Matches vs. the AI definitely help to check out the sector layout of the different maps in case you want to be more prepared for ladder matches. However, once you reached a certain level I find you can't really learn that much in games against AI anymore because the AI tends to produce really weird stuff in particular later in the game (like, for example late game light vehicles) and generally plays nothing like a real person would.

Hey thanks helps me to analyze better now.
Well im kinda bad at learning ( never really had to in my life it just comes to me if you know what i mean)
, that's why im asking how would you or general the community learn specific mechanics. It's so overwhelming already and i just can't see how to get better in the mechanics specially.

for example how can i teach my self to use mines more frequently or take a infantry , while main force is fighting, to go cap on cutoffs.

i just dont know how to focus said ''training'' on it.
(well it's quite hard to focus on something when your 2 cromwells get smacked by a at and infantry rushed down.)

oh gawd my problems... wanting to much again XD i like this community already ( response is quick and respectful)

CHeers Ellmo
13 Dec 2016, 06:34 AM

Hey thanks helps me to analyze better now.
Well im kinda bad at learning ( never really had to in my life it just comes to me if you know what i mean)
, that's why im asking how would you or general the community learn specific mechanics. It's so overwhelming already and i just can't see how to get better in the mechanics specially.

for example how can i teach my self to use mines more frequently or take a infantry , while main force is fighting, to go cap on cutoffs.

i just dont know how to focus said ''training'' on it.
(well it's quite hard to focus on something when your 2 cromwells get smacked by a at and infantry rushed down.)

oh gawd my problems... wanting to much again XD i like this community already ( response is quick and respectful)

CHeers Ellmo

well, there are only few ways how to learn "micro stuff" (working fast under pressure, unit control, mine plamenet while in fighy etc etc).

1st and in my opinion the most important. Playing the game. if you play game you will generaly get better. dont worry about losing take them as somethin you can learn from. before every match say top priorities you want to maintain thorough whole match (focusing more on cut offs squads preservations and mines for example as you alredy mentioned) and in the end of match try to figure out how good you was with them end game, breath a litlle to get less stresful after hard match and play more.

2ns Looking for streams. if you look at players streaming games you wont only see what are their uild orders and strategies but you will also see howdthey response to different threads and keep their awareness.

3rd looking for guides. For example right now in trending page we have except few funny images also video from stromless about game awareness. if you cant find it ill give you link.

PS: try to get used to grid keys. they are really simple and give all abilities in command menu these button n keyboard depending on their place ij game (qwerasdfzxcv) you can find them in coh2 options gameply and somewhere there are grid keys

I think this is all. Simply enjoy game try to realise what you could have done better after game and if youare dtill clueless then dont worry either I or someone else from community will givr you feedback

See you in the heat of battle comrade
Hector

13 Dec 2016, 07:17 AM

Appriciate all the Help you 2 gave me. i will play some more matches soon vs players and make notes for myself where i did good ( with top priorities)and where i have to make more effort after all it's always called TRAINING TRAINING TRAINING FUN.....
cheers to you both see you soon (most likely XD )

Ellmo
15 Dec 2016, 20:42 PM

Wow im seeing inprovement by myself already really nice of you guys

and mines win games :P
15 Dec 2016, 20:53 PM

Wow im seeing inprovement by myself already really nice of you guys

and mines win games :P

Sure they do. There is nothing nicer to watch than enemy dreams dissapearing in seconds because his tiger run over mine in front of you AT guns.

16 Dec 2016, 12:51 PM

Here is one of those Games, where i was struggling to get infront. I couldn't get those mines into this gameplay, he was presurring always the fuels and i had times i didn't have the income etc .... i threw away the gliders and such just to make a bit of pressure.

But at the End i was Pushing after i got the croc and i think in the first section of the all out push i did quite well the second i was to greedy though and had no awareness what everyone of my units where doing but it still did get the win what for me was surprising .... well i got a win streak now of +4 how amazing some focused training can help

What can i do better now better said which points do i have to concentrate more and which points could i stat focusing aswell now ....

looking forward to your answers
16 Dec 2016, 17:03 PM

Here is one of those Games, where i was struggling to get infront. I couldn't get those mines into this gameplay, he was presurring always the fuels and i had times i didn't have the income etc .... i threw away the gliders and such just to make a bit of pressure.

But at the End i was Pushing after i got the croc and i think in the first section of the all out push i did quite well the second i was to greedy though and had no awareness what everyone of my units where doing but it still did get the win what for me was surprising .... well i got a win streak now of +4 how amazing some focused training can help

What can i do better now better said which points do i have to concentrate more and which points could i stat focusing aswell now ....

looking forward to your answers

Surely I will look at it, but please create next time new replay in new thread. We can then respond to your requests much more easily and sooner
16 Dec 2016, 17:07 PM

No problem was the sam topic and relating to it that's why i did it that way : P

Will do next time
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 28
Germany 585

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak