Login

russian armor

[CommunityProject] We've got a lot of work ahead of us

9 Dec 2016, 09:23 AM

How about Relic hires some real fucking developers instead of exploiting the community to make their patches for them (I say exploiting because none of those guys are on the payroll as far as I know)

Sorry for the harsh language but when I see a flowchart of community members doing things which Relic should do, we got a problem.
9 Dec 2016, 11:06 AM
Patrion 14

How about Relic hires some real fucking developers instead of exploiting the community to make their patches for them (I say exploiting because none of those guys are on the payroll as far as I know)

Sorry for the harsh language but when I see a flowchart of community members doing things which Relic should do, we got a problem.

Great idea, drop them a bag of money so they can hire people to work on a 3 year old game!
9 Dec 2016, 11:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Dec 2016, 04:18 AMTric

Wow. Thank you for investing time and sharing those details regarding map design. Highly educating.

I think, in the end our mappers have to sacrifice aesthetics for balance and vice versa. Tros Points for example, is one of the most atmospheric WWII scenery I have witnessed in a videogame. On the other hand, it is a disaster when we take balance into consideration.

Hey, I appreciate the honorable mention. ;)

My time and energy is particularly limited. I can average, at most, maybe a handful games a week. I don't think my contributions will be current and hip enough for people to take seriously.

I've got more to say on overall faction and map design than bugs and technical issues. I've discussed a number of underlying issues with the game since beta plenty of times. Many of them are still just as broken and readily fixable.

I've got plenty of ideas that I've implemented through tuning packs over the years. (See signature, for instance.) But I doubt any of it would be within the scope of the patch.

I mean, I'm willing to offer my input in this effort, but I'm a little leery of this supposed group of people coming together and agreeing on much of anything. :P

I am only familiar with one of your mods, but will check out the rest.

Thanks for the offer, but we needed a minum of 10 people to actually achieve anything. Citing those points mentioned by you and tric, as well as my own expreience and the lack of interst and confirmation from the mentioned people,

Update: [At the moment we have 8 competent members have expressed their readiness]

I think we can safely move on from this thread and continue our discussions here:

https://www.coh2.org/topic/57776/including-more-people-in-the-balance-team/page/5

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Dec 2016, 00:15 AMSwift
Cruzz not in Vet Overhaul or Balance yet people like siuking and Vindi are?

Don't get me wrong, Vindi is a good player but he's a top tier whiner too.
Though we tend to include a bit of salt when expressing our ideas/observations, we come up with some valid points often times, all of us.:megusta::guyokay::megusta:

IIRC, Cruzz declined to work as a tester and contribute to the current official team. I personally think his kappatch is still a valid candicate for a balance patch.
9 Dec 2016, 14:09 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

If anything does come of it, you know where to find me. I will try to help the best I can, but, well... yah.
9 Dec 2016, 21:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Dec 2016, 14:09 PMTric

If anything does come of it, you know where to find me. I will try to help the best I can, but, well... yah.

Thank you tric.

I will contact you buddy, if this idea turns into reality. So far we have 8 competent people who have expressed their readiness.
10 Dec 2016, 03:04 AM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

Now that you've canceled or delayed the project, I'll say my piece.

I found this plan to be very unrealistic and I was not sure that people would band together behind a flowchart, but I had every hope that I was proven wrong and refrained from negativity.

That being said, I really admire the effort. It's great to see how constructive you've been throughout the balance process, and how you've been rallying .org.
10 Dec 2016, 09:52 AM

Great idea, drop them a bag of money so they can hire people to work on a 3 year old game!

ya SEGA is really hurting after Total War: Warhammer. They are on the verge of bankruptcy!!!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★